Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Officially Done!
MamaBear 07:34 AM 03-23-2012
Well this is it! I'm officially done doing daycare now! I was supposed to have one DCB come today for my last day, but his mom decided to keep him home since they just had another baby. (Happy Dance!) So I am OFFICIALLY retired from doing daycare 6 years of caring for kiddos... done.

I've been selling my daycare stuff like hot cakes on Craigslist. Only have a few things left. I sanitized my house like crazy yesterday and have not ONE daycare item in my house anymore. I got to rearrange my front living room and actually have un-babysafe furniture & decor in there...Even my "nice" throw pillows are on display! lol My ex-playroom is now the cutest office room ever! No more baby locks on my drawers & cabinets either. Yeah... i didn't waste any time! lol! Ahhhh it feels good. My kids are really excited too. I feel kinda like they have their mom back now. I didn't realize how much doing daycare kinda pulled me away from them... even though I was here, I wasn't really "here". If that makes any sense.

I just wanted to thank you all for your support during my bad days when I need to vent on here... your virtual hugs meant so much to me! You are some awesome ladies and I will miss you guys. I will probably still log in from time to time to see whats new in the daycare world. Hope ya don't mind My husband's deployment is 1/2 way done now and I can't wait till the summer! This will give me time to work on my next venture.

Take care all! Onto my next adventure!
Country Kids 07:38 AM 03-23-2012
Oh, I am sooooo happy for you!

Please don't forget to write and check in with us from time to time.

Have fun with this and enjoy this with your kids!

Blackcat31 07:38 AM 03-23-2012
Good luck to you in everything you do!!!

Enjoy your freedom!!

...and one last thing before you are off to bigger things....

stop back now and then!
Crystal 08:00 AM 03-23-2012
awwwww......congratulations!

Although, I really hate to see a good one go.........we NEED more providers like you. The field of ECE will miss you
AfterSchoolMom 08:21 AM 03-23-2012
Congrats, MamaBear! Enjoy your DC-free house and your kids! Best of luck in this next stage.
MyAngels 08:34 AM 03-23-2012
Congratulations - and good luck in your new ventures !

We'd love to see you stop back in any time .
DaycareMomma 09:19 AM 03-23-2012
Enjoy your new adventures!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes in whatever life has in store for you. You blessed the daycare world for 6 amazing years!
Zoe 09:21 AM 03-23-2012
Sad to see you go, but I'm so happy that you are able to spend more time with your own kiddos. Have fun!!!!
daycare 09:23 AM 03-23-2012

SO good to hear you so happy!!! Sounds like you are ready for a new adventure. I wish you all the best!!

AND you better come back and talk to us..............We will miss you!!!!
greenhouse 10:31 AM 03-23-2012
Phewwww-feels good! Way to go
T-minus 4 hours left for me and dcb was going out with fireworks this morning! Oh Lordy! I did not think this day would come. I think I'm going to Tag sale my stuff. I look forward to NOT having to clean every day and I told DH to expect a mess for a couple weeks
mema 10:52 AM 03-23-2012
Good luck MamaBear and Greenhouse in your new adventures!
saved4always 10:57 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Well this is it! I'm officially done doing daycare now! I was supposed to have one DCB come today for my last day, but his mom decided to keep him home since they just had another baby. (Happy Dance!) So I am OFFICIALLY retired from doing daycare 6 years of caring for kiddos... done.

I've been selling my daycare stuff like hot cakes on Craigslist. Only have a few things left. I sanitized my house like crazy yesterday and have not ONE daycare item in my house anymore. I got to rearrange my front living room and actually have un-babysafe furniture & decor in there...Even my "nice" throw pillows are on display! lol My ex-playroom is now the cutest office room ever! No more baby locks on my drawers & cabinets either. Yeah... i didn't waste any time! lol! Ahhhh it feels good. My kids are really excited too. I feel kinda like they have their mom back now. I didn't realize how much doing daycare kinda pulled me away from them... even though I was here, I wasn't really "here". If that makes any sense.

I just wanted to thank you all for your support during my bad days when I need to vent on here... your virtual hugs meant so much to me! You are some awesome ladies and I will miss you guys. I will probably still log in from time to time to see whats new in the daycare world. Hope ya don't mind My husband's deployment is 1/2 way done now and I can't wait till the summer! This will give me time to work on my next venture.

Take care all! Onto my next adventure!
Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!! I was done officially last Friday with providing care in my home! I also got to rearrange my front room. I bought a new area rug for it that has no boogers on it...lol! I have been selling alot of my daycare stuff through friends on FB and will sell the rest at our community garage sale this summer. Isn't it a good feeling having your home back???!!!! It's funny though..I have been taking a break this week and I am still listening for the little ones to be done with thier naps every afternoon.
saved4always 10:59 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
Phewwww-feels good! Way to go
T-minus 4 hours left for me and dcb was going out with fireworks this morning! Oh Lordy! I did not think this day would come. I think I'm going to Tag sale my stuff. I look forward to NOT having to clean every day and I told DH to expect a mess for a couple weeks
I haven't cleaned much this whole week.... Good luck to you, too!
greenhouse 11:35 AM 03-23-2012
Can we get a new category-"Life after daycare". I know I'm going to still come on this forum anyway. This is the most respectful and genuine forum out there and providers give the best advice.
CheekyChick 11:52 AM 03-23-2012
I wish you the best in the next chapter of your life. God bless you.
MamaBear 02:21 PM 03-23-2012
Thank you everyone! I loved reading all your messages I will definitely pop in from now & then to see whats up in the daycare world! I'm going to miss you guys so it might take me awhile to completely go away! lol That would be cool if there was a 'life after daycare' section Saved4always! Great idea!

Congratulations Greenhouse & Saved4Always! YES! It feels SO good to have my house back! I cleaned & cleaned yesterday & today and bought new throw pillows for my couches, got a new coffee table and put my 'breakable' stuff out. Everything feels so fresh & clean now!

Oh my gosh (Saved4always) - I know exactly what you mean! I swear I heard a phantom baby cry a couple times today! hahaha... Also when I took a little snooze on the couch I jumped up thinking I had kids here. I think I'll have "daycare PTSD" for awhile! hahaha
Michael 02:46 PM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
Can we get a new category-"Life after daycare". I know I'm going to still come on this forum anyway. This is the most respectful and genuine forum out there and providers give the best advice.
This is very nice of you, Thanks!

And it isn't always about daycare here. Just look at some of the great health suggestions in this thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43527

I am always looking for ways to expand this site to include and improve anything "family" so if you have any suggestions let me know.
bunnyslippers 03:28 PM 03-23-2012
I can't wait until the day I can post the very same title! Best of luck to you in all you do - enjoy your freedom and the joy of getting your house back! Hugs and a big ol' glass of champagne to you!
cheerfuldom 03:32 PM 03-23-2012
so happy for you!
saved4always 06:46 PM 03-24-2012
I'm done with daycare in my home, but I will be working at the new daycare we are opening at my church (when it opens....we are "delayed" at the moment). So, I will still be here, just in a different job with kids I love but not in my house (the part I did not love so much).
Meeko 07:39 PM 03-24-2012
Enjoy your "new" home!!! We will miss you...so don't forget us and pop in every now and then, OK? HUGS!!!!
Countrygal 09:07 AM 03-25-2012
It sounds wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Have a wonderful time enjoying your new "life"!
Tags:closing daycare, goodbye, leaving daycare job
Reply Up