Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Child Who Does NOT Sleep!!!
lilcupcakes09 10:19 AM 02-05-2013
18 months old now but this has been going on for as long as I can remember.....his nap here IF I am lucky lasts 40 mins! He is tired everyday around 9 so then he is whiney most of the morning walking around yawning, sometimes he lays on the playroom floor and will fall asleep. No afternoon nap whatsoever if he does fall asleep for even 10 mins in the morning. I know he is in bed each night by 730 and up at 530, with getting up for a bottle usually 2 times per night STILL. He has yet to sleep through the night. So every afternoon until pickup he usually cries about EVERYTHING. I am at my wits end.....why doesn't this kid need any sleep!!!
My3cents 10:33 AM 02-05-2013
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
18 months old now but this has been going on for as long as I can remember.....his nap here IF I am lucky lasts 40 mins! He is tired everyday around 9 so then he is whiney most of the morning walking around yawning, sometimes he lays on the playroom floor and will fall asleep. No afternoon nap whatsoever if he does fall asleep for even 10 mins in the morning. I know he is in bed each night by 730 and up at 530, with getting up for a bottle usually 2 times per night STILL. He has yet to sleep through the night. So every afternoon until pickup he usually cries about EVERYTHING. I am at my wits end.....why doesn't this kid need any sleep!!!
he is not getting enough sleep. Somewhere along the line he is sleep deprived and if you want him to sleep try napping him in the morning and then again at your normal rest time. It does work. Just have to be consistent. GL I have had this kid and it is not fun-

Right now I have a baby that is cooing on full blast loud at nap time. Ugh- 4 Months old not on a schedule yet.
lilcupcakes09 01:41 PM 02-05-2013
That was what I was thinking too, he wasn't getting enough which is just making it worse. We had previously dropped his am nap because he wouldn't go back to sleep in the afternoon. I may try a short 60 min in the am, then just leave him down for our 2 hour naptime in the pm whether he goes to sleep or not. He is also VERY loud at naptime-banging, screaming, ugh!!!!!!
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up