Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Evening/Weekend Care Rates
Fruitloops1 06:34 PM 06-27-2012
Hello!!
I have a question about rates. I have someone interested in my (almost) daycare. I am not officially licensed but almost there. She needs care for her two sons (5) and (3), she currently has someone babysitting them but wants to switch to more structure, routines and some sort of curriculum. She owns a restaurant that my fiance and I visit quite frequently. She will need care Wednesday-Sunday 4p.m. to about 10:30p.m. I have no clue what to charge! I am planning on my regular rates (daytime, 5 days, 10hrs a day) to be around 200-250 a week. I've met the boys a handful of times and they seem very well mannered. I still work full time at my regular job and this will be PERFECT to get my foot in the daycare door and extra boost in $$ dept.
I was thinking $200 for the 3year old and $150 for the 5 year old. They will eat dinner and snacks. Since she is picking them up late I will even offer to give them a bath(is that weird?) This will also be my VERY first interview, WHAT THE HECK DO I ASK? I'm lucky that I know her on a somewhat personal level but not super close and personal. So it wont be to awkward for me.
Suggestions? Comments?
Anything will be appreciated.
jojosmommy 06:44 PM 06-27-2012
No bath. She is home with them sometime, bath time doesn't need to be at night, IMO. I think that is a personal adventure best left for moms/dads.

I would charge very close to the same as your normal rate. They will be there 6 or 7 hours right? Plus the inconvience that they have a late night pick up. What if mom is late /c of work duties, will that mess up your night sleep routine and cause you undue chaos?

I would offer dinner and a snack depending on your own kids routine.

I usually tell them a little about myself (not too much though or it seems pushy), then I let them ask me questions, see where that takes you. I highlight my schooling/experience and the basics of my program. Seems like for me the more laid back I am the easier it is to land them as a client. I think it is more about being comfortable than selling yourself. IMO.

I always give 48 hrs for parents to talk/think about it and get back to me. That way they don't feel pressured, but you have a time limit so they don't wait too long to let you know what they think. Send them home with a business card in addition to whatever paperwork you are comfortable giving them.
Michael 09:48 PM 06-27-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...eekend+-+rates
thatdivalady 08:43 PM 06-30-2012
From what I understand providers tend to stay away from baths. Less liability issues. Prices vary from area to area but evening care is usually hard to come by. I charge my same daytime rates for evening and weekends are double the normal rate. My reasoning is all of the children go to bed at 8:30pm so there's really nothing beyond supervision offered. I also prefer evenings!
Countrygal 07:08 AM 07-01-2012
Just IMO, but I agree with the other posters so far. If I am open eves, I charge the same as day rates. Eves are easier - no programs to deal with and the children go to bed. So it kind of makes working eves worth it.
Tags:evening hours, weekend - rates
Reply Up