Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Time/Space % Calculation Question
Lyss 09:24 AM 05-25-2012
I'm currently measuring out the areas used in my home for my time/space % but I'm wondering about a few things.

1) For areas like the nap room do I count the entire room or just the portion of the room where the children nap (it's maybe 1/2 the room)?

2) The kitchen I use for cooking meals counts even though I do not allow the children in there right?

3) Would areas where I store daycare related toys/items (like in our garage) count as well or no?

Thank You!
TomCopeland 02:43 PM 05-25-2012
Count the entire room. If you are using part of the room regularly for your business, then all of the room is regularly used.
Count the kitchen as regularly used for your business. Children don't have to be in a room for it to count as regularly used.
Count the garage as part of the total square feet of your home. If you use the garage for storage of business stuff, count the garage as regularly used. You probably also use the garage to store garbage can, tools, garden equipment, children's toys, the car, etc which would all contribute to making the garage regular business use.
Lyss 09:18 PM 05-25-2012
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Count the entire room. If you are using part of the room regularly for your business, then all of the room is regularly used.
Count the kitchen as regularly used for your business. Children don't have to be in a room for it to count as regularly used.
Count the garage as part of the total square feet of your home. If you use the garage for storage of business stuff, count the garage as regularly used. You probably also use the garage to store garbage can, tools, garden equipment, children's toys, the car, etc which would all contribute to making the garage regular business use.
Thank you!
Tags:deduction - garage, time space percentage
Reply Up