Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Vacations in YEARS
nikia 11:36 AM 01-25-2011
So today I booked my first vacation in years, like actually going away for 10 days to a beach vacation!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!

It is in 3 months should I let dcp's know this week? How much notice do you give your families?
DCMomOf3 11:38 AM 01-25-2011
My contract says I will give at least 4 weeks notice. I'd say something verbally now and then put a reminder in my newsletter every month until then. If you don't do a newsletter, I would give it in writing sometime before the end of Feb.
lvt77 11:48 AM 01-25-2011
i think the sooner you tell them the better off. this allows for them to arrange their schedules...

geerrr im so jealous.............have a great time!!
momofsix 12:03 PM 01-25-2011
Hooray for you! I would let them know as soon as possible. We're hoping to go visit my DD in Honduras over Christmas (she will be stationed there). We're not even actually sure if we'll be able to afford it, or what the dates will actually be, but I told all my families to expect me to be gone the week before and the week after Christmas. That gives them PLENTY of time to find alternate care for that time.
I'm excited to you, where and when are you going?
nikia 12:18 PM 01-25-2011
we are renting a beach house on the outer banks of NC second week of April. Hoping for at least 70 degrees lol much better than what we have been having in Iowa. Honduras sounds much more exciting
AnythingsPossible 12:36 PM 01-25-2011
I would give them a heads up now, and check in over the next couple of months along the lines of asking if they have been thinking of back up care. The month before you go on vacation, I would do weekly reminders unless you know everyone has plans made. I closed for a week at christmas time and had told everyone the first of November, the friday before I was to be closed on of the DCD's said, oh yeah, I better see if i can find someone to watch him. Really?! Sometimes no matter how much notice you give them, it isn't enough!
Lucy 12:44 PM 01-25-2011
DEFINITELY let them know now!! As far as how much notice I give -- I set up the following year in early December and give them a calendar of days off that I will take for that year. I try my darndest not to change it, because I figure they will get their vacation schedules at work in January and have to fill them out, which is why I give them my calendar in December. That way they can take off some of the same days I do, or at least have plenty of time to arrange for a relative or someone to care for them. If something pops up later that I have to take a day off for, they know immediately after I know. Plenty of notice so they can't complain!
Tags:vacation, vacation policy
Reply Up