Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Gifts For Your Own Kids
small_steps 11:45 AM 11-17-2011
I am having such a hard time with Christmas for my 2 year old. What do you get a child that lives in a daycare with tons of toys already? I keep looking at things and we already have it or something similar. This is hard . My 8 year olds are much easier.
blueclouds29 11:54 AM 11-17-2011
My DD is 2 1/2 and lives in a daycare world. We have dress up clothes, puzzles, Legos, and a Mobigo game. Not much but these are her's and her's only. No one is allowed in her room. That makes it a lot easier.
Maybe coloring books, Doll stuff, pretend stuff?
SimpleMom 11:57 AM 11-17-2011
Oh my gosh, I know!!

What I did was give them their OWN toys. DC toys are completely seperate from theirs (it has some drawbacks, but it works here).

Special coloring books, special smaller toys or sets that they can keep in their own room, Something like crafts, games, books. Something they can keep and NOT have to share with daycare.

I rotate my kid's old toys into daycare after they have outgrown them or if they show little interest in them (so the it's mine factor isn't there). That's worked out well also. Keeps my dc toys fresh as well
Michael 01:26 PM 11-17-2011
Just a thought but maybe there is a toy in his daycare that he really likes and wants a newer/better one for himself at home.
DaycareMama 02:35 PM 11-17-2011
I have this problem also. Does she like baby dolls? What about the one that eats, drinks and poops? Its a little more special then the typical "daycare" doll.

Hmmm what about her own little special tricycle?? Walmart usually has them cheap after thanksgiving. Complete with a basket for baby, bell, and those cute streamers from the handles?

these were just some I was thinking about ... Hope it helps
Ariana 06:18 PM 11-17-2011
My 2 yr old is big time into imaginary play so I'm getting her a Happyland fairy Shoe House. It's not going in the daycare and will just be her toy to play with. This year we've decided she will be getting Non daycare toys!! We might also get her a new Carolle doll.

Here is the fairy shoe:

SilverSabre25 07:01 PM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My 2 yr old is big time into imaginary play so I'm getting her a Happyland fairy Shoe House. It's not going in the daycare and will just be her toy to play with. This year we've decided she will be getting Non daycare toys!! We might also get her a new Carolle doll.

Here is the fairy shoe:
omg that shoe is too cute! I love it!
small_steps 07:17 PM 11-17-2011
Great ideas! My 2 year old is a boy though. A tricycle might be good. He likes to try to ride his big brothers bikes.
SilverSabre25 08:26 PM 11-17-2011
http://www.amazon.com/Early-Learning...ref=pd_sim_t_5
cheerfuldom 09:14 PM 11-17-2011
how about an "experience" versus toys. music class, gymnastics, sports, yearly admission to a local zoo, etc.
small_steps 03:49 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I love this and think he would too. I will check it out. Thanks
Ariana 09:38 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
My daughter has this and LOVES LOVES LOVES it!!! There is also a moonbase trailer with a moon digger as well which she has. Same idea as the shoe but geared more for boys. Thats why I know she'll love the shoe. I love any and all ELC or Happyland toys.

http://www.elc.co.uk/
SilverSabre25 09:49 AM 11-18-2011
I am definitely keeping these ELC things in mind for my DS for Xmas next year; they're super cute!
iheartkids 10:33 AM 11-18-2011
What about stuff that's not really a "toy" but fun like a little pup tent and sleeping bag (he could "camp" in his room or in the summer take it outside to pretend play in). I'm getting my 1 year old one of those flip couches to sit in the livingroom. Or an awesome train track that could be set up just in his room for him to play with.
blueclouds29 10:51 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by iheartkids:
What about stuff that's not really a "toy" but fun like a little pup tent and sleeping bag (he could "camp" in his room or in the summer take it outside to pretend play in). I'm getting my 1 year old one of those flip couches to sit in the livingroom. Or an awesome train track that could be set up just in his room for him to play with.
I love the couch idea! LOVE IT!! THANKS!!
greenhouse 11:04 AM 11-18-2011
We got my 2 year old a tickle me Elmo and a play mat and brigde for his trains. He is really good player, so it's fun to watch him get a new toy even if he's surrounded by toys all day.
Tags:christmas gifts, provider - own child, provider children
Reply Up