Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Two Week Notice...Exit Form Help pls!
frugalmama4 09:03 AM 03-30-2012
Hello, once again

Don't worry I only have two kiddos today...it's free play Friday!

Ok, so I have my first family leaving in about two weeks (moving out of state).

Does anyone have an exit form they have their DCF's feel out? Would you mine sharing? Yes, its true I'm no good at putting my thoughts on word.

Thinking of some think alone the lines of-

Why are you leaving? Last day in care? My I use you as a reference? All fees Paid? Would you return?

Thanks so much
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 03-30-2012
I don't have any type of exit form necessarily but if you want to ask them if they would write up a quick statment of reference, I would just ask them.

I guess when I have had families leave, I already know exactly why and as far as returning.....I don't do repeats unless a child aged out of my program and the family had a new child and wanted to enroll.

Maybe someone else may have an idea though in regards to a formal exit statement sheet to sign.
frugalmama4 11:56 AM 03-30-2012
Thanks Blackcat...

This mom is so busy I know if I don't put the pen and paper in her hand, I'll never get a reference of any kind.

I will google and see what comes up.

Have a great afternoon
Meeko 01:21 PM 03-30-2012
I have it in my contract that two weeks notice IN WRITING is required and notice is not in effect until I have it in my hand.

It doesn't have to be fancy...

"Cindylou's last day will be -- -- --

and sign it.

Had a situation many years ago of a mom telling me they were having financial problems etc etc and would need to give me notice. I asked when the kids last day would be and she gave me a date.

On their "last day", she arrives to pick them up and hands me a check for the following week! Turns out she had been "tentatively" giving me notice!!! I had already filled their spots and she left very angry.

I never want any miscommunication again, so parents understand that when they give me written notice, I actively look to fill their spot.

But it's not something YOU should have to give them. Just tell them notice isn't in effect until you get it in writing. Every day she stalls is another day she'll owe you.

Although I would LIKE to know why a child is leaving (and I usually do)...that's something that may be private for the parent. Some don't like to admit they're having financial problems or marriage problems etc.
Tags:exit form, termination form, termination letter, two week notice
Reply Up