Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wrecking PnP @ Nap Time?
deliberateliterate 12:33 PM 05-02-2014
I have a 19mo dcg and for the last week, she's been folding up the floor of her PnP at nap time. Today, I went in there, and it was completely folded in quarters, and she was sitting on the base, which was sagging to the floor. I thought she was only doing it at the end, but I went in there a couple of minutes after I put her down yesterday, and she was doing it. I don't dare go in there to check on her after she has fallen asleep to see if it's folded as she is a super light sleeper, and once she is up, she is up.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there anything I can do to secure to mat down, short of taking a glue gun to it?.
aDCProvider 12:37 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by deliberateliterate:
I have a 19mo dcg and for the last week, she's been folding up the floor of her PnP at nap time. Today, I went in there, and it was completely folded in quarters, and she was sitting on the base, which was sagging to the floor. I thought she was only doing it at the end, but I went in there a couple of minutes after I put her down yesterday, and she was doing it. I don't dare go in there to check on her after she has fallen asleep to see if it's folded as she is a super light sleeper, and once she is up, she is up.

Has anyone encountered thus? Is there anything I can do to secure to mat down, short of taking a glue gun to it?.
The new Graco PNP snaps and Velcro that secures the mattress through the canvas on the bottom to the bars underneath.
preschoolteacher 12:41 PM 05-02-2014
The floor should be able to be tethered down like the PP said. I have to use one that tethers according to my licensor.
cheerfuldom 12:51 PM 05-02-2014
You need to find one that attaches to the floor of the pnp...for safety reasons. now if it does velcro down and she is still getting that up, I am not sure what to tell you. i haven't had a kid figure out how to get a pnp apart yet so havent had to deal with this.
deliberateliterate 12:53 PM 05-02-2014
The PnPs are provided by the parents as I'm not bound by any licensing requirements. I have one if my own that isn't being used that I could try. In can't recall if it s Velcro..
CraftyMom 01:26 PM 05-02-2014
Maybe move her to a mat if she'll stay
Leigh 02:47 PM 05-02-2014
I would move her to a cot. I try to have mine on cots by 14 months...within 3 days, they're almost always fine with it.
Unregistered 05:14 AM 05-03-2014
I had hubs cut a piece of pegboard like product(same stuff no holes) to fit over the mat cause I had the same problem....kid can't be on it and pull it up. His parents are on board with it(sort of suggested it even) there seems to be no issues except while he kicks during nap it's louder, he doesn't nap but gets his 'time'.This solution is probably not goning to be liked by many here but he is not ready for a mat.
Annalee 07:08 PM 05-03-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I would move her to a cot. I try to have mine on cots by 14 months...within 3 days, they're almost always fine with it.
some of mine have been on cots at 12 months. I like it better that way!
Tags:mats, pack and play, pnp
Reply Up