Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Question How Many Bites Equals Termination?

I have a 18 month old that in the last month has bitten 20 times. I am only a assistant teacher. The mom could care less and the director won't do anything unless one of the parents start shaking their wallets. So in Wisconsin is there a certain amount of times? Or is it all on daycare preference?
Old 06-26-2019, 08:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

You are at the mercy of the director and owner. Nothing will be done until the other parents vote with their feet and cash.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

20 in a month!? Yikes.

I don't think there is any magic number. I can't believe the director wouldn't address that though. That's an awfully big liability to keep enrolled.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
20 in a month!? Yikes.

I don't think there is any magic number. I can't believe the director wouldn't address that though. That's an awfully big liability to keep enrolled.
Completely agree! Yikes, that is a lot and I'm surprised the parents haven't brought it up. Is it only 1 dck that is the target or does the biter pick on everybody? I know biting happens but 20x should make a person stop and think maybe they need to bring their child someplace else, KWIM??
Old 06-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

The director/ owner only cares about the money. It's random children. The parents just tell at us (teacher and myself) we LITERALLY can't do anymore then we have. I was just wondering if I could call the state and say he has already bit more then what is the high amount or something.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:14 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
The director/ owner only cares about the money. It's random children. The parents just tell at us (teacher and myself) we LITERALLY can't do anymore then we have. I was just wondering if I could call the state and say he has already bit more then what is the high amount or something.
Here, Each and every bite must be A) recorded, B) signed by the teacher, parent, and director, C) kept on file for two years, D) with a copy sent home with each parent.

Injury reports. Inspectors are supposed to view them and note any unusual patterns, but I have found few seem to have the ability as few have ever actually provided hands-on care to children in their careers. They also protect centers as job creators, especially if they accept subsidy. Politics wins over safety every time.

If you have the same requirements and they are not following the regulations you can definitely call in an anonymous report. Be sure you have a back-up employment plan because they will let you go. It is rare employees are not outed by the call taker.

If they are doing the appropriate paperwork and nobody cares but you, it won't end for you until this kid moves on to the next class. I don't miss working in centers.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Can I ask how this is happening? What have you tried to prevent it? I know we have a biter and its gotten to the point where shes NOT allowed more than arms length from the teacher, ever. Its hard but thats what is working.

Tags
biting, biting in daycare, center workers, law, subsidy issues, terminate - biter, violence in child care