Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Angry" Update!
Meeko 04:40 PM 04-28-2011
Dcd arrives to pick up his daughter and I just handed the granola bar back to him with a big smile! He looked a bit sheepish and said "I guess I can't bring food, huh"??

YA THINK?!!!!!
Reply
Former Teacher 04:44 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Dcd arrives to pick up his daughter and I just handed the granola bar back to him with a big smile! He looked a bit sheepish and said "I guess I can't bring food, huh"??

YA THINK?!!!!!
what a moron
Reply
daycare 04:45 PM 04-28-2011
LMAO what a ________________________


must be someting in the air?? maybe all that radiation from Japan is getting to us...
Reply
Cat Herder 05:33 PM 04-28-2011


So he just had to test the waters to see if he was the exception???

Surely it could not apply to him, he is SPECIAL, after all. His Mommy told him so!!!
Reply
MN Day Mom 07:08 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Dcd arrives to pick up his daughter and I just handed the granola bar back to him with a big smile! He looked a bit sheepish and said "I guess I can't bring food, huh"??

YA THINK?!!!!!
Love it!!!!!!
Reply
Stacy214 07:10 PM 04-28-2011
Good for You!
Reply
Mom_of_two 12:43 PM 04-29-2011
LOL! Good job!!!
Reply
grandmom 03:57 PM 04-29-2011
Good for you. I'm glad you did the direct approach. Doesn't it feel good to stand up for yourself!
Reply
Mandy_Jane 08:51 PM 04-29-2011
Why do I get the impression that most of you run your daycares as drill sergeants? Why the attitudes? Don't you give any slack for your daycare parents? A granola bar? Really? It's not like he brought her with a stick of dynamite!
Reply
missnikki 08:53 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Why do I get the impression that most of you run your daycares as drill sergeants? Why the attitudes? Don't you give any slack for your daycare parents? A granola bar? Really? It's not like he brought her with a stick of dynamite!
Anyone want some of my popcorn? I made enough for all of us. This should be a good show.
Reply
Mandy_Jane 08:54 PM 04-29-2011
And former teacher: Dad is a "moron" for bringing a granola bar? My God, how did you ever get to become a teacher with that attitude? I can't believe you would call a parent a moron at ALL, let alone for something as little as that!
Reply
Mandy_Jane 08:57 PM 04-29-2011
Yes, let's make fun of the one who sticks up for people who are being called morons for no reason. This board needs to grow up a little. I can't believe the way some of you act on here.
Reply
PitterPatter 09:08 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
And former teacher: Dad is a "moron" for bringing a granola bar? My God, how did you ever get to become a teacher with that attitude? I can't believe you would call a parent a moron at ALL, let alone for something as little as that!
See, that's what happens when people watch Spongebob!!
Sorry couldn't resist!
Reply
MamaBear 09:26 PM 04-29-2011
Someone ate too many crabby patties! haha
Reply
missnikki 10:08 PM 04-29-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Someone ate too many crabby patties! haha
OK, it must be Friday and I must be done....I read that as 'crabby panties"....


Reply
MamaBear 10:13 PM 04-29-2011
I guess it could be read that way too! lol
Reply
daycare 10:52 PM 04-29-2011
I must be a horrible provider because I've wanted to call parents a lot worse than moron!!!

Crabby panties. Eeewwww. Sorry mind in gutter.
Reply
MamaBear 10:25 AM 04-30-2011
Ditto . Moron is too nice to describe some people! hehe
We have our own individual daycare policies for a reason and they should not be questioned or tested. Good for you for sticking to it
Reply
MyAngels 12:54 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Why do I get the impression that most of you run your daycares as drill sergeants? Why the attitudes? Don't you give any slack for your daycare parents? A granola bar? Really? It's not like he brought her with a stick of dynamite!
Oh heck, I cut slack all the time - for a fee (I call it my "slack cutting fee"). It's 50 bucks, in cash, per slack or any part thereof. Of course, the slack needs to be approved in advance, and I will only cut said slack if it's convenient for me. Otherwise, no, absolutely no slack cut here .
Reply
Meeko 09:29 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Why do I get the impression that most of you run your daycares as drill sergeants? Why the attitudes? Don't you give any slack for your daycare parents? A granola bar? Really? It's not like he brought her with a stick of dynamite!
I guess some of you are willing to just sheepishly lower you eyes and take it when grown adults are rude to you in your own home and act as if what you say in your own home does not apply to them.

NO FOOD FROM HOME is a policy I have at my day care. Maybe you don't and that's your choice. Those providers who have done this for more than five minutes understand the reasons why most of us have this policy! It's a sanitary and sanity issue!

He signed my contract that said no food from home. When you sign a contract...you agree to the things in it!!

Yet he chose to bring food anyway. WHAT he brought is not important. It's the fact that he looked me straight in the eye, pulled food out of his pocket and gave it to his daughter after I had said please don't. It's rude and disrespectful.

Imagine asking people not to smoke in your home and yet they smile at you and light up anyway. Imagine having a sign by your door that says no shoes and yet the neighbor walks in with muddy boots on and puts his feet up on your coffee table.......same "in your face" attitude and it is NEVER acceptable.

Yes....many of us run our day cares like sergeant majors (to the parents). That's because we know that's how we stay in charge of our own business!

For some reason, people seem to think that day care rules are subject to change according to their wishes. Try telling a local store that you want them to stay open late on Friday nights just because it's convenient for you. Try taking your burger, coke and fries into the library when they have a sign that says NO FOOD!!!! They will show you the door! There is no difference. My rules are my rules. Like 'em or leave.
Reply
Meeko 09:32 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Anyone want some of my popcorn? I made enough for all of us. This should be a good show.
Is it double butter?
Reply
MamaBear 09:32 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:
I guess some of you are willing to just sheepishly lower you eyes and take it when grown adults are rude to you in your own home and act as if what you say in your contract does not apply to them.

NO FOOD FROM HOME is a policy I have at my day care. Maybe you don't and that's your choice. Those providers who have done this for more than five minutes understand the reasons why most of us have this policy! It's a sanitary and sanity issue!

He signed my contract that said no food from home. When you sign a contract...you agree to the things in it!!

Yet he chose to bring food anyway. WHAT he brought is not important. It's the fact that he looked me straight in the eye, pulled food out of his pocket and gave it to his daughter after I had said please don't. It's rude and disrespectful.

Imagine asking people not to smoke in your home and yet they smile at you and light up anyway. Imagine having a sign by your door that says no shoes and yet the neighbor walks in with muddy boots on and puts his feet up on your coffee table.......same "in your face" attitude and it is NEVER acceptable.

Yes....many of us run our day cares like sergeant majors (to the parents). That's because we know that's how we stay in charge of our own business!

For some reason, people seem to think that day care rules are subject to change according to their wishes. Try telling a local store that you want them to stay open late on Friday nights just because it's convenient for you. Try taking your burger, coke and fries into the library when they have a sign that says NO FOOD!!!! They will show you the door! There is no difference. My rules are my rules. Like 'em or leave.
AMEN!!! Very well said.
Reply
Meeko 09:34 PM 04-30-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Ditto . Moron is too nice to describe some people! hehe
We have our own individual daycare policies for a reason and they should not be questioned or tested. Good for you for sticking to it
*High five*
Reply
MamaBear 09:44 PM 04-30-2011
**high five** right back
Reply
Former Teacher 09:46 AM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
And former teacher: Dad is a "moron" for bringing a granola bar? My God, how did you ever get to become a teacher with that attitude? I can't believe you would call a parent a moron at ALL, let alone for something as little as that!
Ohhhh I am SO glad that you are registered. Now I can respond to you. Yes this parent imo IS a moron. Not for bringing in a granola bar. Shoot, he can bring in a small package of peanuts for all I care and he would STILL be a moron. The point of the story is that the providers policy is NO food whatsoever. An adult who doesn't follow nor respect policies is a moron.

Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Yes, let's make fun of the one who sticks up for people who are being called morons for no reason. This board needs to grow up a little. I can't believe the way some of you act on here.
Just think...you are now one of us! *evil laugh*
Reply
Kaddidle Care 10:57 AM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Anyone want some of my popcorn? I made enough for all of us. This should be a good show.
Sure!

Reply
nannyde 11:33 AM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
I can't believe you would call a parent a moron at ALL, let alone for something as little as that!
Why are you offended that a "parent" would be called a moron? Just because someone has sex and a child is born from that sex, it doesn't mean that they don't behave badly. Just because they have the money to pay for child care or are able to access money to pay for child care doesn't mean they deserve any more consideration than anyone who doesn't have kids or doesn't pay for child care.

Our prisons are full of "parents". There are millions of unfit parents who abuse, neglect, and do a very poor job of raising a children. There are drug addict parents.. child molesting parents.... and on and on.

What does this man being a "parent" have to do with his poor behavior? He's been given a policy of the business just the day before and he blatantly refused to follow the rule. If he didn't like the policy he could have removed his child from the providers care immediately and paid off his agreement. Why in the WORLD would he bring the child back to someone who gave him a policy he didn't agree with?

He's the parent and he has an obligation to make sure his child is NOT in the care of someone who puts policies in place that he doesn't feel are right and doesn't want to abide by. All he had to do was leave the day care THAT day and be done with it.

That would have been a fair and reasonable ADULT response when you feel you and your chlld are being expected to follow rules you don't agree with. He could have simply paid off his agreement and found someone who has policies HE feels are right.

Returning the child to care and blatantly refusing to abide by the policies of the business IS moronic. He could have handeled this like a responsible person and put his money where his beliefs are. He could have sat the child down and said "Ms Babysitter has a rule I won't agree to. I don't like it and I don't want you anywhere that has this kind of rule. I'm going to find the RIGHT child care for you. You won't be going back".

This would have taught the child a valuable lesson that you have to stand up and do the right thing even if it causes you to change your life and cost money. Instead he just broke the rule in front of the child and continued to use the service that has such rediculous rules he disagrees with.

The "big deal" is the disobeying the providers rules in her home. The "big deal" is that he had the option to REMOVE the child from care immediately and find a place that allowed him to do as he wishes.
Reply
jen 01:48 PM 05-01-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Why do I get the impression that most of you run your daycares as drill sergeants? Why the attitudes? Don't you give any slack for your daycare parents? A granola bar? Really? It's not like he brought her with a stick of dynamite!
Mandy Jane, I think it is pretty common for daycare parents such as yourself not to understand the reasoning behind some of our policies. In this situation, DCD KNEW full well that there was a "no food from home" rule. Yet, he chose to disrespect the provider by being smug and condescending. It isn't very smart to be rude to the person who takes care of what should be your biggest priority in LIFE...In fact, some might call you a moron for making that move.

As for the "drill sergeant" routine...well, when little Billy is sad and upset, because Jill has a gronaola bar, and he doesn't, what exactly would you like us to do about that? I had a daycare grandma show up at the door with her grandson and a bag of McDonalds, just for HER grandson. I handed it back to her and sent her on her way. A parents desire to cater to their child does not become my problem. If you want little Jill to have a granola bar, give it to her in the car for goodness sakes.

Also, there are times when we have these no food from home rules to accommodate an allergy of some sort. We don't want to be responsible for a child dying because some parent couldn't follow simple rules.

Hopefully this makes it more clear to you...we're not being jerks, we are looking out for the welfare of ALL the children in our care. Next time, I suggest that you take a moment and review the issue from all sides before you start making making accusations.
Reply
DaycareMomma 10:29 AM 05-02-2011
More food for thought. Some of our food programs will NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE allow us to let a child in our care that is eating outside food. I know I would loose my food program reimburstment if she saw it.

All of our policies are in place for a reason, not just us wanting to be snotty or rude.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 11:20 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by HorseLovinMom:
More food for thought. Some of our food programs will NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE allow us to let a child in our care that is eating outside food. I know I would loose my food program reimburstment if she saw it.

All of our policies are in place for a reason, not just us wanting to be snotty or rude.
Yes exactly. What were to happen if one of the DC kids were to have an allergy and ate some??? We all know how long and hard we work to make our grocery lists to shop for food for our programs and how frustrating it is when a parent brings food only for their own child.

Drill seargents? Really? Most of us start very slack but then we learn better. You ever heard of the saying "you give them an inch ..." Yeah well we have our policies in place for the benefit of ALL of the children in our programs. I find it very selfish of a parent to want to break our rules for their convenience. If daddy wanted his kid to have the granola bar why not just give it to his kid before getting to daycare or let him eat it in the car before coming in?
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 08:12 PM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by Mandy_Jane:
Why do I get the impression that most of you run your daycares as drill sergeants? Why the attitudes? Don't you give any slack for your daycare parents? A granola bar? Really? It's not like he brought her with a stick of dynamite!
While I respect the original poster's right to have a "no food" policy and stick to it, I think Mandy has a great point about civility. All parents should be treated with the utmost professionalism. When I read the original "angry" post, I thought it was unfortunate that other providers were encouraging the angry poster to write nasty notes, tape, super glue, big red circles, door slamming, etc. This father pays(!) and deserves a calm, well thought out explanation of the policy, NOT a rude note. Nasty, taped up notes around a granola bar would be reason for any parent to seek alternate care. I would not let such a mean-spirited, easily angered and rude adult to be my child's caregiver. Rudeness is bad for business. That should be a no-brainer. If child care providers want to be treated like professionals, they need to behave accordingly.
Reply
WDW 05:59 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
While I respect the original poster's right to have a "no food" policy and stick to it, I think Mandy has a great point about civility. All parents should be treated with the utmost professionalism. When I read the original "angry" post, I thought it was unfortunate that other providers were encouraging the angry poster to write nasty notes, tape, super glue, big red circles, door slamming, etc. This father pays(!) and deserves a calm, well thought out explanation of the policy, NOT a rude note. Nasty, taped up notes around a granola bar would be reason for any parent to seek alternate care. I would not let such a mean-spirited, easily angered and rude adult to be my child's caregiver. Rudeness is bad for business. That should be a no-brainer. If child care providers want to be treated like professionals, they need to behave accordingly.
I'm pretty sure that the taped up note with the big red circle was a joke. I think most of us come here for support and to just vent to the only people who understand - other providers. I don't think anyone would ever actually do that kind of a note....
Reply
Cat Herder 06:13 AM 05-03-2011
I also think some PP may have missed the part where OP said DCD was standing in front of the sign stating "No Food" after having been counseled about it.

He purposely, knowingly, with a smirk on his face, defied the provider.

This was an adult behaving badly, not a miscommunication.

He was challenging her like a 3 year old. Of course she was angy, I was angry for her. How rude!!!

We were laughing with her, supporting her and diffusing until she was ready to deal with the issue.

THIS is our water cooler. We have no co-workers other than here.
Reply
MyAngels 06:14 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I also think some PP may have missed the part where OP said DCD was standing in front of the sign stating "No Food" after having been counseled about it.

He purposely, knowingly, with a smirk on his face, defied the provider.

This was an adult behaving badly, not a miscommunication.

He was challenging her like a 3 year old. Of course she was angy, I was angry for her. How rude!!!

We were laughing with her, supporting her and diffusing until she was ready to deal with the issue.

THIS is our water cooler. We have no co-workers other than here.
"Like!"
Reply
SilverSabre25 06:39 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
"Like!"
me too!!!!!!!
Reply
Meeko 07:06 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
While I respect the original poster's right to have a "no food" policy and stick to it, I think Mandy has a great point about civility. All parents should be treated with the utmost professionalism. When I read the original "angry" post, I thought it was unfortunate that other providers were encouraging the angry poster to write nasty notes, tape, super glue, big red circles, door slamming, etc. This father pays(!) and deserves a calm, well thought out explanation of the policy, NOT a rude note. Nasty, taped up notes around a granola bar would be reason for any parent to seek alternate care. I would not let such a mean-spirited, easily angered and rude adult to be my child's caregiver. Rudeness is bad for business. That should be a no-brainer. If child care providers want to be treated like professionals, they need to behave accordingly.
All I did was give him back the granola bar with a big smile! He got the message that I was serious. I wouldn't have stayed in business for 25 years if I was not professional! But it was fun to talk about all the things I would like to do to him!

I came to the forum here to vent my frustrations and actually logged off with a grin on my face and a chuckle in my heart because of all the fun comments and support. That's the point....we can talk about hanging certain parents up by their toes and using them as a pinata and not really mean it...although wouldn't that be fun??....LOL!!!
Reply
SilverSabre25 07:46 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by Meeko60:

I came to the forum here to vent my frustrations and actually logged off with a grin on my face and a chuckle in my heart because of all the fun comments and support. That's the point....we can talk about hanging certain parents up by their toes and using them as a pinata and not really mean it...although wouldn't that be fun??....LOL!!!
Exactly! It's fun to vent. It's HEALTHY and useful to do so.

Yesterday I was threatening to wrap my DD in duct tape and put her on the roof. She cracked up and thought it was the funniest thing in the world...because even at 3.5 she realizes that mommy isn't serious when she says that silly stuff. Funny how little kids sometimes understand what grown-ups can't see. The best part? I vented my frustrations, she laughed, I laughed, and we both felt better.
Reply
Meyou 07:51 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Exactly! It's fun to vent. It's HEALTHY and useful to do so.

Yesterday I was threatening to wrap my DD in duct tape and put her on the roof. She cracked up and thought it was the funniest thing in the world...because even at 3.5 she realizes that mommy isn't serious when she says that silly stuff. Funny how little kids sometimes understand what grown-ups can't see. The best part? I vented my frustrations, she laughed, I laughed, and we both felt better.
I was driving two of my 12 year old's friends home yesterday and one of them was screeching in the backseat. I told my younger dd to tell the screecher what happens to kids that are loud in the car. She said Mama gets the bungy cords and straps you to the roof rack with a big grin on her face.
Reply
Tags:food from home
Reply Up