Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Getting Cameras, Need Wording
daycare 03:10 PM 06-24-2013
I have been wanting camera's for the inside and outside of my house.

I finally found what I want to buy, but Have not gotten it yet, because I want to inform the parents that I will be putting cameras, but they are for my use only and are not going to be available for the parents.

They will be video only.

I will need to add this into my PHB as well as have them sign a form letting them know that I will be doing so.

Does anyone have something like this already written up that they would be willing to share with me...
Reply
LaLa1923 03:23 PM 06-24-2013
Yes, I do. I will post it as soon as my toddler gives me my laptop back!! Lol
Also, did you see my post on cameras? It may be a good idea to have one that recordes into a dvr so.you have proof if something happens.
Reply
daycare 03:29 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Yes, I do. I will post it as soon as my toddler gives me my laptop back!! Lol
Also, did you see my post on cameras? It may be a good idea to have one that recordes into a dvr so.you have proof if something happens.
thanks for your help....yes the one I have will have recording capabilities.... i JUST want to make sure that before I get it, that I have my rear end covered.
Reply
LaLa1923 03:31 PM 06-24-2013
I can email you the document, it won't let me attach the form.
Reply
daycare 03:37 PM 06-24-2013
awesome I will PM you...thanks so much LaLa
Reply
LaLa1923 03:38 PM 06-24-2013
I combined my photograph form and my video form. You could easily separate the two. I told my parents verbally that it will record to a DVR only and I can view it. That I was not allowing remote access due to privacy reasons. Parents wouldn't want other parents being able to see their child change or potty.



You could word it- *At this time I will not be allowing remote access to parents for privacy reasons. My camera system will be viewed by me during the day and saved to a DVR should any concerns arise.
Attached: Permission to Photograph.pdf (47.1 KB) 
Reply
daycare 03:40 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I combined my photograph form and my video form. You could easily separate the two. I told my parents verbally that it will record to a DVR only and I can view it. That I was not allowing remote access due to privacy reasons. Parents wouldn't want other parents being able to see their child change or potty.



You could word it- *At this time I will not be allowing remote access to parents for privacy reasons. My camera system will be viewed by me during the day and saved to a DVR should any concerns arise.
Love it....
do you ever have parents ask to view it for any reason?? Also, if they do ask what do you say to them if they are persistent..

thanks so much
Reply
LaLa1923 03:42 PM 06-24-2013
at the bottom I should've said - Using an electronic monitor/camera to listen/view/record your child from another room (specifically during nap time i.e. While I prepare lunch, snacks, clean up etc.)
Reply
daycare 03:45 PM 06-24-2013
I do have an asst with me most of the day and then my husband the rest of the day. I want to use it for our learning as well. I would like to be able to see what they are doing in the toddler room while I am in the preschool room. I wonder if the parents will ask why I need this. I don't want them to think that it is because I don't trust my asst.
Reply
LaLa1923 03:46 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
Love it....
do you ever have parents ask to view it for any reason?? Also, if they do ask what do you say to them if they are persistent..

thanks so much
Nope, my parents trust me and they know their kids. But I think they also know I have the camera and can back up anything I report to them about an injury or anything that may occur.

If they asked to see the video I would probably tell them I can have it ready for them to view in the morning. I have to go into the camera from the computer and pause, rewind, and play the event. It's not something I can do in just one second.

Also, I'm setting mine up to my TV soon and I cannot wait!! You can too!!
Reply
LaLa1923 03:48 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I do have an asst with me most of the day and then my husband the rest of the day. I want to use it for our learning as well. I would like to be able to see what they are doing in the toddler room while I am in the preschool room. I wonder if the parents will ask why I need this. I don't want them to think that it is because I don't trust my asst.
I never had a parent question why I have them. I always say it's to protect me, my business, any staff, and of course my dcks. It's to protect everyone involved. Plus, you can see exactly what they are doing from another room. Go into it positively and you will give off positive vibes.
Reply
daycare 04:04 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I never had a parent question why I have them. I always say it's to protect me, my business, any staff, and of course my dcks. It's to protect everyone involved. Plus, you can see exactly what they are doing from another room. Go into it positively and you will give off positive vibes.
I have DCP that are just NIGHTMARES and I could see that they WILL ask to see video.
Reply
LaLa1923 04:18 PM 06-24-2013
Then I would tell them - My camera system will be in place to protect all parties involved. However, it is not a means to be abused. Parents may only request to view captured footage if there's a serious concern. Any requests to view footage will be granted at my discretion.

Something like this. I would include this on the permission form
Reply
daycare 04:39 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Then I would tell them - My camera system will be in place to protect all parties involved. However, it is not a means to be abused. Parents may only request to view captured footage if there's a serious concern. Any requests to view footage will be granted at my discretion.

Something like this. I would include this on the permission form
so are you able to record that many days? lets say something happened 6 weeks ago, would the recorder still have that information...AND yes I have parents that wait that long to ask me questions all the time, I can't stand it
Reply
LaLa1923 04:45 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
so are you able to record that many days? lets say something happened 6 weeks ago, would the recorder still have that information...AND yes I have parents that wait that long to ask me questions all the time, I can't stand it
It depends on your DVR. I would simply tell the parent it does not save footage that long.
Reply
daycare 04:53 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
It depends on your DVR. I would simply tell the parent it does not save footage that long.
Ok I forgot the name of it, I am buying it from Costo....
Reply
AmyKidsCo 06:41 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Then I would tell them - My camera system will be in place to protect all parties involved. However, it is not a means to be abused. Parents may only request to view captured footage if there's a serious concern. Any requests to view footage will be granted at my discretion.

Something like this. I would include this on the permission form
Could that be a confidentiality issue? I don't know what your rules are, but in WI we have to document injuries but can't name two children in one entry. For instance, "Jane bit John..." is a no-no, but "Jane bit another child..." and "John was bitten by another child..." is OK. Parents can only see the entries that pertain to their own child, so John's parents couldn't see who bit him. If I show parents a video of the incident they'd see Jane biting John, then I'd get in big trouble with my licensor.
Reply
LaLa1923 07:42 PM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Could that be a confidentiality issue? I don't know what your rules are, but in WI we have to document injuries but can't name two children in one entry. For instance, "Jane bit John..." is a no-no, but "Jane bit another child..." and "John was bitten by another child..." is OK. Parents can only see the entries that pertain to their own child, so John's parents couldn't see who bit him. If I show parents a video of the incident they'd see Jane biting John, then I'd get in big trouble with my licensor.
I guess it depends on your state, mine is fine. I don't think many parents would question an incident between kids. I got it mostly to explain injuries the child did to themselves. Also, to protect me and prove the care being provided. At any rate, you could simply add that to the permission slip. Allowing both parties to view the footage. Centers do it, why can't we?
Reply
Tags:cctv, letter samples, monitor, photo permission, security cameras, security system
Reply Up