Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Couldn't E-File :-(
magsgma 01:37 PM 04-13-2013
So today I go to the Tax office to sign my tax forms and was told that I couldn't e-file this year. Something new about the 8829 & the T/S because I had some exclusive use and some T/S anyone else have that problem?
This year I had more exclusive use because I took over more of my house. And now use the other half of my house for our living area also. But still.... I don't understand. I was there almost 2 hours because I challenged it. They checked and called someone for support and said it wouldn't go through...
TomCopeland 05:05 PM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by magsgma:
So today I go to the Tax office to sign my tax forms and was told that I couldn't e-file this year. Something new about the 8829 & the T/S because I had some exclusive use and some T/S anyone else have that problem?
This year I had more exclusive use because I took over more of my house. And now use the other half of my house for our living area also. But still.... I don't understand. I was there almost 2 hours because I challenged it. They checked and called someone for support and said it wouldn't go through...
You can efile if you don't try to send an attachment with Form 8829 explaining how you calculated your time-space% with an exclusive use room. Instead, take your time-space % and multiply it by the number of hours in the year and enter the total on line 4. Put the total square feet of your home on line one and line 2. This will give you the correct answer without having to add an attachment.
magsgma 09:23 AM 04-14-2013
Thanks Tom!! I will see if my tax preparer will that.
AmyKidsCo 11:24 AM 04-14-2013
Whew - thanks Tom! We got a late start and are going to end up filing ours at the last moment; seeing the OP's comment freaked me out until I saw your response.

Every year I say "Next year we're going to start taxes earlier..."
magsgma 03:55 AM 04-15-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Whew - thanks Tom! We got a late start and are going to end up filing ours at the last moment; seeing the OP's comment freaked me out until I saw your response.

Every year I say "Next year we're going to start taxes earlier..."
Next year I WILL be starting earlier as I am having my tax preparer (also my Best Friend) do my accounting. I just don't have the keeping records gene. She is CFO for our local Orchestra plus she works for a tax service I have given her all of Tom's books and she is better suited for this task. I can be free to spend my time and energy on the Children. She is going to handle my expenses. I have parents pay through childpay.com through MMK so no worries there.
I love that Tom is so helpful. I don't know what we would do with out his knowledge and his willingness to help. He is the best!
magsgma 02:25 PM 04-15-2013
I want to thank you for your help anyway.....
My tax preparer could not get their system to accept my return for e-file.
I gave her the information exactly as stated, but she said it wouldn't *let her* she said that they don't attach the explanation sheet anyway but it wasn't letting her do it. I have filed that last few years with this place. It is puzzling to us all.
Tags:e-file, filing taxes
Reply Up