Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile Night Childcare Routine

Greetings friends, could someone help me, I need a routine example for night care 6pm - 12am.
Thank you
Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Here, we have to stay awake during opening hours so it can get tricky. If we are open at night, we must close to sleep during the day.

I guess it would depend on when the children are expected to sleep? If parents work night shift you may be expected to keep them up so they sleep on the parents' schedule. If so a regular schedule would work just in PM. I am sure that would have to change for school-aged kids, though.

Have you asked parents what schedule they are expecting?
Old 06-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Childcare Provider

I used to run shifts and stay opened till 12:00am and I stayed awake until all the kids were gone.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default night childcare routine

Thank you for your attention, our night shift covers from 6pm to 12am and we should have a routine for children this should include dinner, snack some activity, preparation to sleep alone that is not sure what kind of activity, usually are children of 2 -4 years.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

You don't want it to be too stimulating. Can you offer a choice? Maybe some fine motor skills activities (sorting, puzzles, nesting/stacking), with the option of sitting and listening to a story instead?
Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

ours was:
6pm dinner
630-7 quiet play (usually table or fine motor. School kids did homework)
7-715 snack
715-745 PJs and teeth
745-8pm getting in bed, story
8pm lights out, quiet music, back rubbing
We did allow the kids who got picked up by 9 to stay up sometimes (per parent request) but they had to sit at the table with just a small light on. I worked at a center, and most nights we had around 14 kids.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Default night childcare routine

thanks a lot.your answer is very useful
Old 06-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

6pm dinner
630 clean up and quiet activity like puzzles
7pm free play with low light and manipulatives. I used TV trays. The kids could play with small lego blocks or draw etc on a tray over their laps.
730 bedtime routine including tooth brushing, pajamas, potty, wash face hands etc....story, then bedtime by about 8pm.

We are allowed to go to bed ourselves once the kids are asleep.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_babyb View Post
ours was:
6pm dinner
630-7 quiet play (usually table or fine motor. School kids did homework)
7-715 snack
715-745 PJs and teeth
745-8pm getting in bed, story
8pm lights out, quiet music, back rubbing
We did allow the kids who got picked up by 9 to stay up sometimes (per parent request) but they had to sit at the table with just a small light on. I worked at a center, and most nights we had around 14 kids.
You gave them a snack half an hour after dinner?

Tags
after hours care, curriculum - age appropriate, dap, evening hours, licensing regulations, night routine, training courses