Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Find This Baby!!!
SilverSabre25 01:33 PM 10-06-2011
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...03-504083.html

A 10 mo. old baby name Lisa Irwin was kidnapped from her crib overnight this week in Missouri. There have been postings going around on Facebook to try and help find her...thought I'd share it here. Truly scary and heartbreaking; whatever happened to her must have been terrible. I find myself thinking that surely, surely this couldn't be real--something must have happened to that baby (parents killed her, something!), that surely a stranger didn't break into the home and take the baby from her bed.

Anyway, here's a link to an article about it...keep your eyes open, share the link on Facebook, whatever. Maybe the power of social networking and the Internet can help bring this little sweetie home safely.
countrymom 02:31 PM 10-06-2011
I was watching the today show or gm america and they interviewed the parents. The mom said she left the door open and the window opened so her dh can get in the house, sounds really poor judgement on her part. Also, it had to be someone who new where the child slept, because nothing else was touched in the house, just a weird story.
familyschoolcare 02:34 PM 10-06-2011
Something with this story does not add up. How was someone able to take the baby with out the baby crying and waking mom up. I Do not want to point fingers at mom or try to place blame on grieving parents. Something does not add up.
daycare 02:48 PM 10-06-2011
when I was a child growing up in my county you would hear stories on the news about child laborers that would steal children from thier sleep. I guess you could say that it is similar to slumdog millionaire movie. I co-slept with my mom until I was almost 10 years old. Very common wehre I grew up taht parents co-sleep way past infancy and toddler ages.

Even though I have always lived in the states since becoming a mom, I did the same with my children too....

I really hope that the parents had nothing to do with this. But yes something sounds fishy. The economy is so bad these days that people are acting out of desperation.

I hope this is not another tradgey.......
Michael 02:52 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
Something with this story does not add up. How was someone able to take the baby with out the baby crying and waking mom up. I Do not want to point fingers at mom or try to place blame on grieving parents. Something does not add up.
Agree with you. There is more to this story.
Oneluckymom 04:28 PM 10-06-2011
Sad to say but 9 times out a 10 the parents are some how involved. Truly horrible.
Kaddidle Care 04:31 PM 10-06-2011
I keep thinking jonbenet ramsey - didn't something similar happen to her? That story was very fishy as well.

I was also thinking.. at that age the child may have climbed out on her own - it's possible.

If that happened the SAR dogs will find her. Crossing fingers that this is the case.
3kidzmama 09:06 PM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I was watching the today show or gm america and they interviewed the parents. The mom said she left the door open and the window opened so her dh can get in the house, sounds really poor judgement on her part. Also, it had to be someone who new where the child slept, because nothing else was touched in the house, just a weird story.
Why would she leave the door unlocked? Wouldn't the dad have a key to his own house??? I hope I'm wrong but this detail alone makes me suspect them.
MN Mom 01:25 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama:
Why would she leave the door unlocked? Wouldn't the dad have a key to his own house??? I hope I'm wrong but this detail alone makes me suspect them.
/shrug It depends on where she lives. I don't lock my doors, even at night. I leave my keys in the ignition of my car too...I always know where they are that way!

However, I agree...something isn't right with this story. According to the latest report I read this morning, they stopped talking/cooperating with police yesterday.
MommyofThree 03:50 AM 10-07-2011
ladys it does happen though. kids getting taken at night. Not jon benet though that her parents did because the killer wouldnt of left her in the home to do the killing. Look at the other girl that got snached from her bed forgot the name but the neighbor did it and killed her the man who was out of jail and was a sex offender. Not saying her story isnt a little stuoid on her part, but it was prob someone desparate women that wanted a baby a knew info about them. I mean it could be the mom but it happen tue lets give it sometime. Everyone blames the parents at first and thats sad. yes she was stupid for leaving the door open but who assumes that that could happen to them:{ Its sad.
mac60 04:30 AM 10-07-2011
The parents were on GMA this morning, when Robin asked the mom if it was true that she (the mom) did not pass the polygraph test, the mom replied with a yes, then totally changed the subject as Robin continued to ask questions about the polygraph test. The mom obviously didn't want to say much about it.

While I don't find it strange that the front door was unlocked, or that the baby was sleeping in her own room, it is strange the person only took 3 phones.

Have they determined how the person came in.....I thought I read thru a window, but if the front door was unlocked, why go thru the window?

Another good story to watch. As far as the parents, I totally understand them saying enough is enough, if they are innocent as they claim they are, their mental turmoil has to be unbearable, and if they have consistently told the same story over and over, leave it alone for now.
familyschoolcare 08:21 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
ladys it does happen though. kids getting taken at night. Not jon benet though that her parents did because the killer wouldnt of left her in the home to do the killing. Look at the other girl that got snached from her bed forgot the name but the neighbor did it and killed her the man who was out of jail and was a sex offender. Not saying her story isnt a little stuoid on her part, but it was prob someone desparate women that wanted a baby a knew info about them. I mean it could be the mom but it happen tue lets give it sometime. Everyone blames the parents at first and thats sad. yes she was stupid for leaving the door open but who assumes that that could happen to them:{ Its sad.
While I can not speak for everyone I do not blame either of the parents. Just saying that is it odd that a child that age could disappear or be taken from the crib with out making enough noise (how much noise does a 10 month old make when you wake them up) to wake the mother up. The case you talk about above the abduction was witnessed by the mother that woke up because of the child screaming. While that does not mean that the parents had something to do with it, it is enough to make them people of interest in the investigation as under these circumstances they should be. Personally I am hoping that this child was sleep walking and parents did not know it and the child just wondered off. At the same time I realize that logic says that is not very likely that most likely some adult was involved.
Tags:accusations, article, child abduction, safety
Reply Up