Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
momma2girls's Avatar
momma2girls momma2girls is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: midwestern
Posts: 2,156
Default Parents Being Late or Coming Early! Everyone Should read This!!!

Hi!
I found this very interesting peice of info- I have many contracted parents that come late all the time. I have a family, and need to be at places before they come and pick up. Their contracted pick up times are between 4 and 4:30pm. Then many times come right at 5:00pm!!! This is more than one family that is doing this!!
I think everyone should read this-

My drop off and closing times are based on needs of my families only. My contracted hrs. are based on the parents work hrs. and commute times. These times will be contracted and agreed upon!!

Isn't this great? One of the best sayings I have come across!!

If anyone else has something that they have stumbled across, or have worded in their contract, please share, so we all can get great ideas!!! It's great to have this site!!!!!!
Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Michael; 12-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-11-2009, 01:53 PM
laundryduchess@yahoo.com laundryduchess@yahoo.com is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 614
Default

from mine

I am licensed for care from 4:30 am to 5:30 pm but each family is contracted for separate hours. Other children are scheduled to be here when your child is not so please adhere to contracted times to avoid overtime fees
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
momma2girls's Avatar
momma2girls momma2girls is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: midwestern
Posts: 2,156
Default

This is good as well!!
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
momma2girls's Avatar
momma2girls momma2girls is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: midwestern
Posts: 2,156
Default

SO if they are late, or early do you assess overtime fees? What are your overtime fees? I wish I had yours as well to add to mine, maybe on any of the new ones I make out I will add this as well.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2009, 04:10 PM
laundryduchess@yahoo.com laundryduchess@yahoo.com is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 614
Default

theya rent late,.. but should the be late,....


All payments are due in advance by pickup the Friday prior to each weeks care. If payment is made after pickup on Friday, a late fee will occur. A late fee of $10.00 per day will be charged for payment not received by pickup on Friday. This includes Saturday and Sunday. If fees are not current child will not be admitted to daycare. You will still be responsible for paying for these days if this occurs. If late payments become an ongoing problem, care will be terminated. Parent pays all legal fees and court costs associated with this childcare agreement.
~ If your check does not clear, regardless of the reason, you are responsible for my bank fees. You will also be required to make payments in cash for 6 months following a bad check.
~Overtime is anytime other than the time contracted for and costs $5.00 per hour or portion of hour per child. Care is only considered overtime if 24 hour advance notice is given and approved. If notification is not given you will be the charged late fees described as follows. Late fees are $15.00 for the first 15 minutes of portion thereof. You are charges $1.00 per minute after that. This charge is per child. On the day incurred. Care will not be resumed until fee is paid.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
momma2girls's Avatar
momma2girls momma2girls is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: midwestern
Posts: 2,156
Default

DO you charge for any lateness other than what they have contracted, let's say if they have 4:30 on contract, after 4:30 you charge?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2009, 05:45 PM
laundryduchess@yahoo.com laundryduchess@yahoo.com is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 614
Default

I do, if they dont arrange to stay late I charge as late fee. If they arrange then they pay overtime. But because I charge on the first time they are late,.. there very rarely is a second time. Its simple,.. I wont go over in my ratios. Im very firm about the rules. They all know at signup. SHort of a snowstorm and them being stuck at work,.. or their car breaking down and arriving by towtruck and driving a rental the next day,.. Ive never really had a problem. The parents see me as a professional and know that I am the best for their kids outside of them and really try to keep me happy. Most of the time. Everyone is late at times but the way I have my contracts written they have enough time to get here. If theya re off at 430 I write it for 5. I do have one lady who runs a fitness center, they have an 11 yr old they are working with who weighs 308 pounds. So,.... two days a week she is late because she stays late at work for no money to this family and trains the girl. I let them slide on the late times. Im not a cruel set in stone person. But they don't seem to take advantage of me. It is so hard to draw the lines sometimes in our profession. I mean we are professional 'care for ers'. you know?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2009, 06:00 PM
momma2girls's Avatar
momma2girls momma2girls is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: midwestern
Posts: 2,156
Default

I totally agree with you, we will see what the contracted times come back as this week. Then see how to go about it, if they continue to be later than contracted times. We will see!!!
Thanks for the info!!! I hope this helps alot of people out there!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
tymaboy's Avatar
tymaboy tymaboy is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 449
Default

I give parents 15 minutes grace period.

Quote:
Inconvenience Fee:
There is a 15 minute grace period beyond the scheduled drop-off/pick-up time. If a child is more then 20 minutes late of being dropped-off/ picked-up you will be subjected to a charge of $5.00 per child for every 15 minutes (or part of 15 minutes) after the agreed upon time. Example: If your child is to be dropped-off/ picked-up at 9:00 and you show up at 9:15 you will not be charged the fee but if you show up at 9:20 you will be charged the fee or $10.00 for the 1st 15 minutes plus the fee for the second 15 minutes. You will also be charged the late fee if the child(ren) are to be dropped-off/ picked-up (whether it is written in contract or told verbally) between a certain time and are not dropped-off/ picked-up within 15 minutes of the latest time given. Example: If your child(ren) are to be dropped-off/ picked-up between 9:00 Ė 9:30 and you do not show up until 9:45 you will be charged $5.00 for each child.

There will be no grace period on Wednesdays. Any late fees accumulated on a Wednesday will be doubled. If these fees are not paid by the Friday of that week you will be charged the $10.00 per day late payment fee.

The above inconvenience fees will also be charged to you if Grandma or another person is suppose to arrive to drop-off/ pick-up your child.

DHS will not pay any late fees that are accumulated.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 AM
kiddiecare
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's what i have in my policies:

ARRIVALS/DEPARTURES- Children are to arrive clean, dressed and fed (unless arriving just before a meal time; you need to specify at the time of the contract being signed what meals your child will be eating here.) Please notify me before your scheduled drop-off time if your child will not be attending or will be arriving late. If I have not received a call notifying me that you will be late I will proceed with my day and assume that you are not coming. If I have the opportunity to fill your time slot temporarily with a drop in child you will not be allowed to drop your child off that day. You WILL pay your normal fee rate. BUSINESS HOURS REFLECT YOUR CONTRACTED HOURS NOT MY HOURS OF OPERATION. If you have not arrived within 5 minutes of your scheduled pick up time and I need to leave and am unable to wait for you or your emergency contact person I will leave a note on the door and it will be your responsibility to locate and find me to retrieve your child/ren. If I am forced to take your child/ren somewhere with me after your contracted pick up time you will be charged a fee of $20.00 every 5 minutes or any portion thereof per child until your child is no longer in my care. If your child has not been picked up within 2 hours of the contracted pick up time Child Protective Services will be called to retrieve your child/ren.

Late pick-Up/Early Drop Off fee: $1.00 per child per minute.

PAYMENTS- Payments are to be made every Friday at your contracted drop-off time a week prior to care being given. A late fee of $20.00 per day will be added if payment is not received by the due date (5 minutes after contracted drop off time will be considered late). Children will not be allowed to attend child care until payment and late fees (if applicable) are received. {Note: No refunds or credits are given for child care payments} The childcare contract will be terminated if payment isnít made in full within 3 business days of the payment due date. If I have not received payment within 14 business days of the due date I will begin the collection process and you will be charged any and all fees associated to the collection process. Including but not limited to fees I will need to pay to a substitute provider, gas, attorney and mailing fees. The late fee of $20 will be added daily until payment is made in full or I file a claim against you in small claims court. Parents/Guardians will be charged for any fees and costs applicable to filing a claim in small claims court. Payment is preferred in cash; however, cashier checks and money orders will be accepted.
ASSISTANCE PAYMENTS- I am listed with D.H.S and will accept payments from them at my discretion, however families receiving assistance for childcare from any source are still legally liable for all fees due to (provider name)and co-pays and any amount owed not covered by assistance will be paid on the due date before care is given.

I give5 minutes after pick up time before i start charging the late fee but i make it very clear that im po'd about it. I let dcparents know what time i close at but that they are to be there by the time they contracted for or there will be a big problem. I have a major issue with people disrespecting me and by nt showing up when they agreed to and thinking they can just show up later gets to me so I stop it before it goes that far. Now i am really picky about the clients i take in, im broke but the stress of barely making enouh to pay the bills is WAY less than the stress of having a 'bad' family that pushes you all the time. But it took me years of being taken advantage of to get to this point.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
originalkat's Avatar
originalkat originalkat is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,389
Default Contracted times

I have a place on my contract for hours each day. I always wrote the opening and closing times. However, for the new year I am sending out new parent handbooks with a form to fill out for contracted hours. I have run into the problem (especially for arrivals) that the earliest child was not supposed to arrive until 7:45 AM. I planned my morning accordingly and slept in a little later. Then one of the other parents decided to show up at 7:00 AM on a whim. I still had a towel on my head! I am definetly going to go with the contracted hours from now on.
__________________
Originalkat
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-13-2009, 06:36 AM
momma2girls's Avatar
momma2girls momma2girls is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: midwestern
Posts: 2,156
Default

I love it!! I don't think we should have to put in our contract our opening and closing times, that is why I loved this saying I had found on parents work time and commute time only.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Late pick up

I have a parent who is chronically late...i mean almost every time lately. We have upped their rate for late pick up already, but they don't seem to care. We love the child but what do we do??? Its anywhere from 5 min to a half hour, my teachers are tired of staying? Do we call child protective services???
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2010, 03:58 PM
misol's Avatar
misol misol is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a parent who is chronically late...i mean almost every time lately. We have upped their rate for late pick up already, but they don't seem to care. We love the child but what do we do??? Its anywhere from 5 min to a half hour, my teachers are tired of staying? Do we call child protective services???
What does your contract say about late pickups? Has anyone spoken to her about the matter before? If not, I would suggest that first. At this verbal warning, have a copy of her contract available to review the hours that she agreed to. Tell her that your records indicate that she has been late "40" times in the past "2" months and you wanted to discuss whether the contracted hours were still meeting her needs. At the end f the discussion tell her if it happens again that she will get a written warning.

At the written warning meeting tell her that you are revisiting the issue again because the lateness has continued in spite of the original discussion. Tell her you generally abide by a 3 strikes rule and the next step will either be suspension or termination for abuse of the policy. Make sure she signs the written warning which should include a reference to the date of the verbal warning, as well as a statement about the next steps you will take.

If you really want to keep the child, suspend him for a week and let him back. All the while I would be looking to fill his spot in case you have to end up terminating or she gets pissed and wants to pull him.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Chickenhauler's Avatar
Chickenhauler Chickenhauler is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a parent who is chronically late...i mean almost every time lately. We have upped their rate for late pick up already, but they don't seem to care. We love the child but what do we do??? Its anywhere from 5 min to a half hour, my teachers are tired of staying? Do we call child protective services???
You shouldn't need child protective services (a law enforcement agency) to intercede on your behalf in a private contractual business agreement.

They haven't broken the law, merely violated the contract.

If they can't abide by the contract, declare the contract null and void and terminate the business relationship.

Because I can bet if you call in CPP, the parents will declare it null and void right there.

To assuage the teachers, I would have a policy in place that all late fees go directly to whoever stays late.

You'll have employees volunteering (and a waiting list) to get that extra cash if your late fees are anything like some people's rates.
__________________
Spouse of a daycare provider....which I guess makes me one too!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:25 PM
My Daycare's Avatar
My Daycare My Daycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 236
Default

This is what I have and all of the ideas below are from reading this forum. Thanks to you all. I'm new, so only my one and only family has seen it so far. I hope it works. In addition I have more about lateness and terminations in other parts of my contract.

Hours of Operation

Hours and times of care are pre-arranged for each individual family. There is not a set opening or closing time.

Pre-arranged times may be changed by the provider if they prove to be consistently inaccurate. If a change in prearranged times are needed by a family, then new prearranged times will be worked out.

After a clear discussion between the family and the provider regarding the hours needed for care, the provider will fill in the arrangements and all parties will initial here. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM
My Daycare's Avatar
My Daycare My Daycare is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 236
Default

wow, my above post turned out weird. My actual contract is not that wide.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Former Teacher's Avatar
Former Teacher Former Teacher is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a parent who is chronically late...i mean almost every time lately. We have upped their rate for late pick up already, but they don't seem to care. We love the child but what do we do??? Its anywhere from 5 min to a half hour, my teachers are tired of staying? Do we call child protective services???
It depends. In TX if a child is in care for over 12 hours in less than a 24 hour period it is considered child neglect.

I agree with Chickenhauler in that you might want to have your employees get the late fee. Whenever I stayed I always spilt it with the other caregiver that was with me. No I wasn't happy staying but it does add up!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy Length of hours?

If a parent works locally how much time would you allot them for travel time. I have one set of parents that works locally however DCM wants daycare for 12 hours. I have 2 slots allotted for them so these are long hours for me. If they were easy children to watch I wouldn't mind but these children can not stay focused on one toy for more than a minute at a time. My childcare looks like a toy store however these children are continually bored. Mentally I'm exhausted at the end of the day trying to keep them focused and not fighting with one another.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Crystal's Avatar
Crystal Crystal is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,955
Default

Parts of my contract:

The charge for the care of the child is $___________per week. There will be a charge of $10.00 per 15 minutes (or fraction thereof) if the child is picked up after _______a.m./p.m. Pick up time is the time agreed upon between parent and provider, not the daycare closing time.

Payment obligation is based on the number of hours you agree to use child care, not on actual hours of attendance. Payment is due if you have agreed upon certain blocks of time, whether or not the child attends during those hours
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
MarinaVanessa's Avatar
MarinaVanessa MarinaVanessa is offline
Family Childcare Home
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 7,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a parent works locally how much time would you allot them for travel time. I have one set of parents that works locally however DCM wants daycare for 12 hours. I have 2 slots allotted for them so these are long hours for me. If they were easy children to watch I wouldn't mind but these children can not stay focused on one toy for more than a minute at a time. My childcare looks like a toy store however these children are continually bored. Mentally I'm exhausted at the end of the day trying to keep them focused and not fighting with one another.
If they work within the city it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes each way of commuting time (based on my city). 30 minutes in my city can actually take me across the following city street driving (not highway) so that's what I typically give. This gives them 1 hour to get to and from work. If they work 8 hours a day you contract them for 10 hours (because of their lunch hour). If they work 8-5 for example their contracted hours should be 7:30am-5:30pm.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Mummy101's Avatar
Mummy101 Mummy101 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2girls View Post
Hi!
I found this very interesting peice of info- I have many contracted parents that come late all the time. I have a family, and need to be at places before they come and pick up. Their contracted pick up times are between 4 and 4:30pm. Then many times come right at 5:00pm!!! This is more than one family that is doing this!!
I think everyone should read this-

My drop off and closing times are based on needs of my families only. My contracted hrs. are based on the parents work hrs. and commute times. These times will be contracted and agreed upon!!

Isn't this great? One of the best sayings I have come across!!

If anyone else has something that they have stumbled across, or have worded in their contract, please share, so we all can get great ideas!!! It's great to have this site!!!!!!
Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!!!!!!
This is mine: Childrenís optimum developmental success requires as much quality time with family as possible. Be prompt in picking up your child after work. Please remember that childcare is for the care of your children while you are unavailable and at work only, not for errands or leisure. (Save for the occasional predetermined arrangement.)

It is SOOO my pet peeve when parents can be with their children but choose not to.

In a related matter, I find myself in a particular pickle and am in need of advice. I have a family who refuses to give me defined drop off and pick up times because their schedule is always different. I am not able to charge any fees or anything of the kind because I work with an agency for subsidized spots.

I started with the sibling and DCP said pick up would never be after 3. Now that I have sibling, pick up time seems to have changed to 3:45 despite the ability to pick up at 3.
DCP has a differing work schedule so I have been flexible but I have a certain distain for instability. I never know when they will show up in the morning or when they will pick up in the afternoon. I have attempted to set a schedule that encompasses all their potential work hours still to no avail. I have even made a form for DCP to fill out by the sign in sheet for each days schedule:
Monday ______AM to ________ PM.
Tuesday ______AM to ________ PM. etc. I got one arrival time filled out, and thatís it. This is the fifth attempt to set a schedule, I am at a loss.

Is it too much to ask that I am aware when children will arrive and depart my program? I feel like I cannot plan anything. Should I just let it go and say it is what it is? I feel so taken advantage of. They even showed up 15 minutes after my closing time the other day.
I canít charge fees because of the agency.
Does anyone have creative ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:48 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy101 View Post
This is mine: Childrenís optimum developmental success requires as much quality time with family as possible. Be prompt in picking up your child after work. Please remember that childcare is for the care of your children while you are unavailable and at work only, not for errands or leisure. (Save for the occasional predetermined arrangement.)

It is SOOO my pet peeve when parents can be with their children but choose not to.

In a related matter, I find myself in a particular pickle and am in need of advice. I have a family who refuses to give me defined drop off and pick up times because their schedule is always different. I am not able to charge any fees or anything of the kind because I work with an agency for subsidized spots.

I started with the sibling and DCP said pick up would never be after 3. Now that I have sibling, pick up time seems to have changed to 3:45 despite the ability to pick up at 3.
DCP has a differing work schedule so I have been flexible but I have a certain distain for instability. I never know when they will show up in the morning or when they will pick up in the afternoon. I have attempted to set a schedule that encompasses all their potential work hours still to no avail. I have even made a form for DCP to fill out by the sign in sheet for each days schedule:
Monday ______AM to ________ PM.
Tuesday ______AM to ________ PM. etc. I got one arrival time filled out, and thatís it. This is the fifth attempt to set a schedule, I am at a loss.

Is it too much to ask that I am aware when children will arrive and depart my program? I feel like I cannot plan anything. Should I just let it go and say it is what it is? I feel so taken advantage of. They even showed up 15 minutes after my closing time the other day.
I canít charge fees because of the agency.
Does anyone have creative ideas?
They are refusing to comply with your request, so terminate. If you'd like to give them another chance tell them that you need a set pick up and drop off time or you'll be unable to continue care.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy101 View Post
This is mine: Childrenís optimum developmental success requires as much quality time with family as possible. Be prompt in picking up your child after work. Please remember that childcare is for the care of your children while you are unavailable and at work only, not for errands or leisure. (Save for the occasional predetermined arrangement.)

It is SOOO my pet peeve when parents can be with their children but choose not to.

In a related matter, I find myself in a particular pickle and am in need of advice. I have a family who refuses to give me defined drop off and pick up times because their schedule is always different. I am not able to charge any fees or anything of the kind because I work with an agency for subsidized spots.

I started with the sibling and DCP said pick up would never be after 3. Now that I have sibling, pick up time seems to have changed to 3:45 despite the ability to pick up at 3.
DCP has a differing work schedule so I have been flexible but I have a certain distain for instability. I never know when they will show up in the morning or when they will pick up in the afternoon. I have attempted to set a schedule that encompasses all their potential work hours still to no avail. I have even made a form for DCP to fill out by the sign in sheet for each days schedule:
Monday ______AM to ________ PM.
Tuesday ______AM to ________ PM. etc. I got one arrival time filled out, and thatís it. This is the fifth attempt to set a schedule, I am at a loss.

Is it too much to ask that I am aware when children will arrive and depart my program? I feel like I cannot plan anything. Should I just let it go and say it is what it is? I feel so taken advantage of. They even showed up 15 minutes after my closing time the other day.
I canít charge fees because of the agency.
Does anyone have creative ideas?
Does the parent work specific hours that you are aware of?

I've never heard of an agency that doesn't allow you to charge what you want as a self-employed business owner so I am no help there but does the agency have any requirements for families they serve such as specific times needed or not using child care when not at work etc?

I guess the way I see it right now is that you either have to simply allow them to come and go as pleased with no additional fees or not accept that particular family into your program citing not a good fit if a reason is needed.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 AM
Mummy101's Avatar
Mummy101 Mummy101 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Does the parent work specific hours that you are aware of?

I've never heard of an agency that doesn't allow you to charge what you want as a self-employed business owner so I am no help there but does the agency have any requirements for families they serve such as specific times needed or not using child care when not at work etc?

I guess the way I see it right now is that you either have to simply allow them to come and go as pleased with no additional fees or not accept that particular family into your program citing not a good fit if a reason is needed.
Thank you Blackcat! The agency collects all $ from the parents and I get a paycheck from them based on the rates they pay for each age group and QRIS rating. So I never deal with charging the parents. The only information I can get out of the parent is that DCP does not know schedule because it changes. I know that DCP is at least aware of schedule the day before, how else would they make it to work on time, hence the form I made. lol I think I just have to let it go. The kiddos are awesome and a perfect fit for our program. Just wish DCPs would help me out a little!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy101 View Post
Thank you Blackcat! The agency collects all $ from the parents and I get a paycheck from them based on the rates they pay for each age group and QRIS rating. So I never deal with charging the parents. The only information I can get out of the parent is that DCP does not know schedule because it changes. I know that DCP is at least aware of schedule the day before, how else would they make it to work on time, hence the form I made. lol I think I just have to let it go. The kiddos are awesome and a perfect fit for our program. Just wish DCPs would help me out a little!
Are they leaving the kids there alot when they aren't at work? Or is it just them not being able to provide a point exact pick up time?

Does the agency have any rules about families needing to provide a schedule?

Does the agency set the amount of your rate or are you able to set your own rates?

I agree sometimes, if it's not a huge deal it's easier to let it go....just so long as you aren't getting the MUCH shorter end of the stick.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Leigh's Avatar
Leigh Leigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy101 View Post
Thank you Blackcat! The agency collects all $ from the parents and I get a paycheck from them based on the rates they pay for each age group and QRIS rating. So I never deal with charging the parents. The only information I can get out of the parent is that DCP does not know schedule because it changes. I know that DCP is at least aware of schedule the day before, how else would they make it to work on time, hence the form I made. lol I think I just have to let it go. The kiddos are awesome and a perfect fit for our program. Just wish DCPs would help me out a little!
Tell the parents this: "I MUST have your schedule sent to me the moment that you receive it so that I may plan my day. I will not be accepting your children unless I know at least the day before (or whenever they get that schedule) what their drop off and pick up times will be."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Mummy101's Avatar
Mummy101 Mummy101 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Are they leaving the kids there alot when they aren't at work? Or is it just them not being able to provide a point exact pick up time?

Does the agency have any rules about families needing to provide a schedule?

Does the agency set the amount of your rate or are you able to set your own rates?

I agree sometimes, if it's not a huge deal it's easier to let it go....just so long as you aren't getting the MUCH shorter end of the stick.
The agency sets the rates. All of my parents from this agency drop off on their days off and it drives me up a wall. (For all except one because it is a different situation.) This is because they will not pay me unless the child is actually here I assume.

My hours are 5:54 am-3:45 pm. 3 should be their pick up time because that is when they are available but it seems they are rather taking advantage on my hours of operation. Its really the drop off time that gets me the most. The pick up is either 3 or 3:45 so that is not too much of a hassle unless they are late. Drop off however is anywhere between 6 and 9 AM! I never know.

When the little things pile up, the stick begins to feel shorter and shorter.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Mummy101's Avatar
Mummy101 Mummy101 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Tell the parents this: "I MUST have your schedule sent to me the moment that you receive it so that I may plan my day. I will not be accepting your children unless I know at least the day before (or whenever they get that schedule) what their drop off and pick up times will be."
I so wish I had the gall to do this so directly! I have been using my nice little forms, flyers and "reminders"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2009, agreements, contract, drop off, grace period, handbook, pick up, work hours

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Late Pick Pp Fee's tenderhearts Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 22 05-04-2015 02:51 PM
Late Pick-Up fee...can someone help clarify? frugalmama4 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 05-09-2012 10:29 AM
Laundry's Contract (Three Parts) laundryduchess@yahoo.com Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 02-02-2010 01:10 PM
Not Quite Understanding Some Parents mac60 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 13 11-14-2009 11:11 PM
Free the Parents Faja Parents and Guardians Forum 17 09-23-2009 01:21 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming