Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Didn't think I would take the raise?
busymommy0420 04:34 PM 10-27-2014
Daycare mom was late picking up DCG again today. She said to me that she was sorry and said that she would be increasing my pay now that her schedule has changed. I said that the fee should be $10 per day.I think I surprised her by saying that I would like the increase in pay. She stumbled on her words and said that she would think about it. I have been flexible so far, but will not work for free.I normally have her daughter daily from 4 p.m. Until 5 p.m. and charge her $5 a day. She has been coming at 5:30 p.m. Is it wrong to want another $5 per day?
NeedaVaca 04:41 PM 10-27-2014
No, it's not wrong. She thinks she is your boss...tell her what her new rate will be based on her new schedule. This is your business
Shell 05:08 PM 10-27-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
No, it's not wrong. She thinks she is your boss...tell her what her new rate will be based on her new schedule. This is your business
yep, there's no, "let me think about it"... That's just the way it is dcm. If she doesn't like it, she can leave. Take it from me, I put up with a dcm that thought she was my boss when I first started. Wish I would have put her in her place, but I was too nice, a pushover and afraid I would lose the income. You are putting in more time, and should be compensated!
Crazy8 05:21 PM 10-27-2014
it probably would have been better if you had approached the subject of the late pick ups BEFORE she mentioned the pay raise. That gives her the impression she is in charge of how much she pays you. You probably should have said "I've been meaning to talk to you about that, if you are going to continue to need the 5:30 pick up time the new rate will be $10/day."

She may argue that she's paying $5/hr. right now and $5 for another half hour isn't fair - but its your call, not hers and I would absolutely charge more if its later than your other kids!
Play Care 03:19 AM 10-28-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
it probably would have been better if you had approached the subject of the late pick ups BEFORE she mentioned the pay raise. That gives her the impression she is in charge of how much she pays you. You probably should have said "I've been meaning to talk to you about that, if you are going to continue to need the 5:30 pick up time the new rate will be $10/day."

She may argue that she's paying $5/hr. right now and $5 for another half hour isn't fair - but its your call, not hers and I would absolutely charge more if its later than your other kids!

sahm1225 06:15 AM 10-28-2014
Originally Posted by Crazy8:

Have you not been charging late fees for that 30 minutes? I agree that you would've had the upper hand if you brought up first. BUT this is your business and if she argues that she should only pay for 30 minutes, then explain that it would be at the 30 minute late fee rate of $1/per minute.
crazydaycarelady 10:42 AM 10-28-2014
I have a minimum $10 drop in fee. It is not worth my effort to have a kid come here for less than $10.
Tags:training
Reply Up