Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Question Catholic Daycare

So I got an interview for a Catholic daycare. I'm 100% positive I got the job. The lady said before she can hire me there's a second interview and I have to test the waters. She also said something about going before the priest and a church background check before the real one. I have no memory of what she said I had to do with the priest. Any ideas? I think it started with a C.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

Communion? Catechism?? Confession?? (Forgive me Father, I have sinned. I have used the Lord's name in vain when Johnny has bitten the same kid for the 3rd time within an hour.) I don't know! Those are the first 3 words I thought of based on my Catholic upbringing. Catechism makes the most sense to me out of the 3. Maybe they want to discuss what you know about Church teachings/doctrine??
Old 08-30-2019, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.j. View Post
Communion? Catechism?? Confession?? (Forgive me Father, I have sinned. I have used the Lord's name in vain when Johnny has bitten the same kid for the 3rd time within an hour.) I don't know! Those are the first 3 words I thought of based on my Catholic upbringing. Catechism makes the most sense to me out of the 3. Maybe they want to discuss what you know about Church teachings/doctrine??
I'm scared because I know nothing about Catholicism. Are they gonna quiz me?
Old 08-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you have to be Catholic to teach there? I donít understand why you would apply if you were not catholic.

They might want to baptize you
Old 08-30-2019, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Do you have to be Catholic to teach there? I don’t understand why you would apply if you were not catholic.

They might want to baptize you
It didn't say anything about being Catholic. I thought it was the same as the jcc (u don't have to be Jewish to work there).

Last edited by Blackcat31; 09-04-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:57 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:

It didn't say anything about being Catholic. I thought it was the same as the jcc (u don't have to be Jewish to work there).
Well that’s good! No idea why you would need to meet with a priest then but I wouldn’t worry about it since knowing Catholicism wasn’t a requirement.

Last edited by Blackcat31; 09-04-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
I doubt it. If it is catechism they want to discuss, it may be that they just want to see how familiar you are with the Catholic faith and maybe fill you in on their expectations for you as an employee??? I have no experience with Catholic child cares so I'm really just guessing. I went to Catholic schools from 1st grade through college and I did have non-Catholic teachers so I doubt you have to be Catholic to work at the day care, especially if they didn't ask or mention it was a requirement.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Catechism is actually a book. They probably just want to make sure you are up on what you'll need to teach. He may give you a children's catechism so that you have it to refer to. It will meal time prayers in it etc.

Tags
catholic, religion - in daycare