Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2019, 07:20 AM
CountryRoads's Avatar
CountryRoads CountryRoads is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: US of A
Posts: 311
Default Website?

Does anyone have a website? How did you create it? Does it come up when someone Googles "daycares in (your area)?"

I need to generate some business and I would like to try this route.



Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2019, 08:58 AM
jenboo's Avatar
jenboo jenboo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 3,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
Does anyone have a website? How did you create it? Does it come up when someone Googles "daycares in (your area)?"

I need to generate some business and I would like to try this route.



Thanks!
I create mine through wordpress. I buy my domain name on namecheap, my uncle hosts it for me and I design it.

Most people who Google me find me through Google places
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2019, 09:38 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default

I had a really nice one from VistaPrint. It was easy to use and manage. It just rarely had any activity so I canceled it.

https://www.vistaprint.com/digital-m...ng&xnav=TopNav
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 18,542
Default

I have one. It's been the only way I generate interest outside of word of mouth. (I can PM you the address if you want to see mine)

I purchased my domain name but I originally started out with a free site on webs.com but quickly realized I wanted more than what "free" offered so I upgraded (less than $80 a year for it) and used my own domain name.

Like I said, I generate alot of interest via my website and the thing I like best about it is that I don't have to answer 101 questions from prospective clients because most the questions they have are found on my site so I easily direct them there when they call me. Easy peasy.

Here is a really helpful thread about websites ~how to's etc..
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,395
Default

I purchased my domain years ago through Go Daddy then transferred it to Namecheap (better prices).

I have my website designed and hosted through wix.com.
Super easy. I post a link to quite often in mommy groups, daycare search groups, etc. It gets a lot of traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:36 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 7,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I have one. It's been the only way I generate interest outside of word of mouth. (I can PM you the address if you want to see mine)

I purchased my domain name but I originally started out with a free site on webs.com but quickly realized I wanted more than what "free" offered so I upgraded (less than $80 a year for it) and used my own domain name.

Like I said, I generate alot of interest via my website and the thing I like best about it is that I don't have to answer 101 questions from prospective clients because most the questions they have are found on my site so I easily direct them there when they call me. Easy peasy.

Here is a really helpful thread about websites ~how to's etc..
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
I just read that thread again. It has a lot of helpful information but one thing that really stood out was that most of the websites that the daycare providers were posting for their businesses are no longer working!

I get that many don't stay in the business or since that time (2011), people may use Facebook or Twitter, but having some other business owning your content does not make sense to me. Daycare.com is a good example of how a website can be a huge help and addition to your business over the years. Its an asset.

Last edited by Michael; 09-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2019, 11:38 AM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I just read that thread again. It has a lot of helpful information but one thing that really stood out was that most of the websites that the daycare providers were posting for their businesses are no longer working!

I get that many don't stay in the business or since that time (2011), people may use Facebook or Twitter, but having some other business owning your content does not make sense to me. Daycare.com is a good example of how a website can be a huge help and addition to your business over the years. Its an asset.
I may have closed a year ago, but still own my .com for the next year. I figured that I may want to re-open after a break, so didn't want to lose the name
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-14-2019, 03:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think we see a ton of traffic through our website, you can easily set one up through Wordpress or you can hire someone from Upwork to set it up for you. There are other options you can use like Lead Pages- if you use lead pages to advertise ads for your business, they have an option to create a website, I think it is under $20 a month and everything is integrated and it can act as your CRM too. Social media is great, use it but creating an email list is the best way!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

People find my Facebook through a Google search
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
website

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Website EntropyControlSpecialist Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 13 04-17-2017 05:57 PM
Website Applications? KristinsHomeCC Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 20 04-22-2016 08:03 AM
Website Owners.. If You Don't Mind Me Asking wahmof3 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 01-28-2014 12:42 PM
Full On Copy of my Website? WWYD? spinnymarie Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 44 11-26-2013 04:18 PM
Got My Call On My Website! Little People Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 03-11-2011 11:30 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming