Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Pull Ups at Nap Time

I have a DCM that wants me to tell her daughter (almost 3)to "hold it" during nap time instead of using a pull up. What are your policies on pull ups at naptime? I have always put potty trained kids in pull ups at nap time for sanitary reasons. This is the first time in 10 years I've had a parent pushing back. It is not in my contract but just seems like common sense!
Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAmomof4 View Post
I have a DCM that wants me to tell her daughter (almost 3)to "hold it" during nap time instead of using a pull up. What are your policies on pull ups at naptime? I have always put potty trained kids in pull ups at nap time for sanitary reasons. This is the first time in 10 years I've had a parent pushing back. It is not in my contract but just seems like common sense!
I require pull ups at naptime until the child stays dry at nap time for at least 2 weeks. Mom won't be cleaning the mess, you will, so it is non-negotiable. If she won't provide them, charge her for any you have to provide.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

For me, that would depend on how reliable she is at nap. If someone told me they were putting my reliably potty trained 3 year old in pull ups for nap, I would laugh at them

That just seems incredibly wasteful.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:56 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I use pullups at naptime until I decide the child is ready to go without them. If they wake up wet every single day then no, they are not ready. If they wake up dry all the time then yes they can go pullup free. I also reuse dry pullups for the same kid so it is not a waste.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdunny View Post
I require pull ups at naptime until the child stays dry at nap time for at least 2 weeks. Mom won't be cleaning the mess, you will, so it is non-negotiable. If she won't provide them, charge her for any you have to provide.
This is my policy as well.

I treat daytime training and nap/nighttime training as two different things.

Children can wear underwear during awake periods after they remain dry for 2 full weeks.

They can wear underwear during nap time after they remain dry during our nap period for 2 full weeks.

Often times I have a child who is trained and wears underwear during awake periods but is not trained during sleep time and therefore sleeps with a pull-up on.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't throw them away unless wet or they are getting ragedy. After about a month of only going through 4-6 pull ups because they are getting torn up but not wet in, I stop using them.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:37 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

After 2 weeks completely dry at nap, I let them stay in undies. If they're old enough to be potty trained, they're sleeping in my Ikea tents, so I just put a towel under the tent just in case there's an accident. The tents are completely sprayable in case of an accident. I leave the towel there for quite a while just in case and remove it when I feel it's been long enough. That's assuming no accidents. Accidents mean we go back in PullUps until I feel they've been accident free long enough.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:54 AM

Why can't she hold it with a Pull up on?
Saves your carpet and/or flooring.
If mom disagrees....she can pay your cleaning bill.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

My toddlers wear pull ups at nap time until they are dry at wake up for a few weeks. No way am I cleaning up urine every day!

Tags
potty training, pull ups