Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Good Sign I've Been In Daycare Far Too Long
Josiegirl 10:16 AM 04-25-2014
Maybe others do this? Or am I just crazy. But when I visit people's homes or drive past certain houses, I envision what I would do with the place as far as creating a daycare in it. I pick out the playrooms, napping rooms, imagine how their backyard could be transformed into a daycare yard. Yeh, certifiably crazy.
Naptime yet? 10:20 AM 04-25-2014
I always try to guess what houses have daycare based on the amount of toy stuff in their yards.
childcaremom 10:28 AM 04-25-2014
Lol, I do this, too.
jenn 10:47 AM 04-25-2014
I'm not there, yet. I do visualize what my house and yard would look like without a daycare though. I think of all the things I could get rid of and what I would use the extra space for.
KiddieCahoots 11:05 AM 04-25-2014
LOL! We share the eat, sleep, and breath day care connection!
I also scope out what toys others have in their back yards to figure whether or not it would be a good purchase for my day care.
Maria2013 11:18 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
I also scope out what toys others have in their back yards to figure whether or not it would be a good purchase for my day care.
that's what I do
kitykids3 11:30 AM 04-25-2014
I do the same things. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
LadyK8 11:31 AM 04-25-2014
I'm new to it and even I do that. Lol
Jack Sprat 11:32 AM 04-25-2014
I do the same thing! I look at houses for sale as well. First thing I look for is how it would be a better set up for daycare then what I have now.
Shell 11:36 AM 04-25-2014
me too!
mia 12:09 PM 04-25-2014

YOUR NOT CRAZY!!!!!!! WE ALL DO IT.....

I do the same, when I'm out walking look at the houses and look to see who else is or has a daycare. I love going through open houses and when I do its like yeah I could do this or this for the daycare....

Sooo funny how we are all so similar in our ways....
Starburst 02:45 PM 04-25-2014
I haven't even started mine yet and I do that all the time! Even before I started thinking about doing home daycare I would just imagine living there. I'm a bit of a real estate nerd; I love watching those house hunting, house flipping, and home improvement shows. My mom says that she used to imagine living in a house for years with one of the houses we used to live in before we even lived there (I guess it was the power of positive thinking). And it was actually the nicest houses we ever lived in and our overall favorite home.
mrsnj 02:59 PM 04-25-2014
I drive by this empty home all the time that would make AWESOME daycare!! I would kick ass in there! But its on the same road as two other daycares so it would not be a good place...good location...not a good place.
kathiemarie 04:48 PM 04-25-2014
I don't for houses but garage sells.. big time. If I drive pass one that has kids stuff out I will slow down and I HATE garage sells.
nothingwithoutjoy 06:57 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Maybe others do this? Or am I just crazy. But when I visit people's homes or drive past certain houses, I envision what I would do with the place as far as creating a daycare in it. I pick out the playrooms, napping rooms, imagine how their backyard could be transformed into a daycare yard. Yeh, certifiably crazy.
I look at empty storefronts all the time--especially ones with great big windows, or cool old architechture--and think about what a cool child care it could be. And I don't even want to own a center; I'm quite happy to be at home. I just want to set them up!
SignMeUp 07:09 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
I look at empty storefronts all the time--especially ones with great big windows, or cool old architechture--and think about what a cool child care it could be. And I don't even want to own a center; I'm quite happy to be at home. I just want to set them up!
That would be fun. I would also like to write curriculum for childcares. I have a million ideas and never repeat a unit without changing it up. Makes it more fun for ME than repeating My stuff is all organized and written up in a calendar format for parents and I kind of wonder if I could sell it on dvd when I retire
nothingwithoutjoy 07:33 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
That would be fun. I would also like to write curriculum for childcares. I have a million ideas and never repeat a unit without changing it up. Makes it more fun for ME than repeating My stuff is all organized and written up in a calendar format for parents and I kind of wonder if I could sell it on dvd when I retire
Here's my other dream job--find the perfect books for anyone. Tell me what your kid is into; I'll put together a book list. A picture-book personal shopper. If only I could get rich doing that...
SignMeUp 09:03 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
Here's my other dream job--find the perfect books for anyone. Tell me what your kid is into; I'll put together a book list. A picture-book personal shopper. If only I could get rich doing that...
Then we could work together I am always looking for great books that pertain to my units.
Meeko 11:18 PM 04-26-2014
I do this too! I look through the local "for sale" web site that shows photos etc.....and imagine my daycare in those homes!
Maria2013 12:43 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
There are days, where I would gladly pay someone for ideas
Tags:house hunting
Reply Up