Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bulletin Board?
Josiegirl 10:37 AM 07-09-2014
Those of you who have one, what do you put up there, how often do you change it?
I have one right by my front door and used to keep it filled with pictures of their kids involved with all their activities that we do here. But since my camera broke, I'm kind of stumped for ideas. Any suggestions?
Annalee 10:46 AM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Those of you who have one, what do you put up there, how often do you change it?
I have one right by my front door and used to keep it filled with pictures of their kids involved with all their activities that we do here. But since my camera broke, I'm kind of stumped for ideas. Any suggestions?
I have a large cork board that I put a colored plastic table cloth as the background and put boarder around it (border and table cloth from dollar mart). With push pins, I put my DHS letter from licensing, health/env grade, fire inspection, emergency phone numbers, daily schedule, school calendar/closing, etc. This is right as a client enters, I have my sign-in sheet on stand below this board so they have full view of the information. On the other wall, I have framed documents like my license/degrees/special training certificates with resources/brochures for parents in containers below.....kind of like a foyer before entering the play space....
melilley 10:49 AM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have a large cork board that I put a colored plastic table cloth as the background and put boarder around it (border and table cloth from dollar mart). With push pins, I put my DHS letter from licensing, health/env grade, fire inspection, emergency phone numbers, daily schedule, school calendar/closing, etc. This is right as a client enters, I have my sign-in sheet on stand below this board so they have full view of the information. On the other wall, I have framed documents like my license/degrees/special training certificates with resources/brochures for parents in containers below.....kind of like a foyer before entering the play space....
Same here.
Unregistered 11:09 AM 07-09-2014
Mine is near the door I have a calendar on it and I have sleep requirement chart and illness chart I refer parents to these charts when the argue with me on nap's and illness. I also put up a lunch menu for the week.
sariejohnston 06:15 PM 07-10-2014
I have 6 six bulletin boards and according to my daycare policy we have to keep them up to date by month and theme. We have a bulletin board by each door entering in to the classroom where we post monthly calendars for the Parents, Lunch menu, monthly news letters. There is a big bulletin board out in the hall way where we decorate with the theme or month. and I have a Bible bulletin board we post bible picture and scripture, Art wall we post the children's art projects on it, the other bulletin board is used to display children's work. It's hard and almost nearly impossible to keep all six bulletin boards updated as often as they would like.. at my old daycare I only had two bulletin boards and I would keep them up to date monthly. I recommend using the one by your door for parent information bulletin board and the ones in your classroom to display children's art work and one to display your theme!
SignMeUp 06:44 PM 07-10-2014
My main bulletin board is in my cubby area. I keep all of the required stuff (license, insurance, required policies, etc.) in a flip-chart above the board.
My regular holidays are listed.
I put up notes for any additional vacation/closed days.
I put up signs for events. These last two items go in cubbies also.
My favorite part is a laminated sign that says:
Did You Know? in big bright letters.
Then I made a series of paper strips to write various things on (used both sides to save paper) such as: ...that monarch caterpillars hang in "J" when they are ready to make their chrysalis OR ... that the first day of winter is December 21st and is the shortest day of the year OR ... that we are making our own tablecloths for the Spring Picnic ... etc.
Always something that the kids are excited about -- so their parents know to ask them about it.

Once parents are inside, there are bulletin boards for pics of the kids, and for cards the kids have made/given me (Are you going to put it on the board?!?!) And the kids' art is hung all over the place, but mostly goes home every day or week, depending.
Rachel 03:33 AM 07-11-2014
I have 3 different "board" areas, 4 if you count the felt board.

One is a half wall I covered in carpet. I use the sticky side of the velcro to stick things up there. Shapes I cut out, or when I am lazy wooden puzzle pieces usually having to do with my "theme" (when I get stuck the circles, squares & triangles come out ).

One is a parent board (also velcro), where I put up the schedule, menu, days I'm closed, any notices I get from my agency, etc.

One is the art board. At the moment it's clips stuck on with blue-tak because I'm waiting for the bulletin board (must call that man back!). Each child has a clip (will be an area on the board) and their artwork goes there. On Thursday everything goes down and we start again the next week. I try to send home something different with a different kid each day so we have up the variety of what we have done over the week.
daycarediva 03:38 AM 07-11-2014
My main bulletin board has spare copies of the newsletter, monthly menu, visitor log, library log, emergency numbers, weather chart, closings for the year and illness exclusion list.

I am working on a second bulletin board that will include kids birthdays for the month, and theme related items art/pictures.
Rachel 04:59 AM 07-11-2014
Oh yeah I forgot about the other bulletin board I have. Mine has attendance, the phone list of all the other providers, phone number / emergency number of all the kids and parents written out, the names of my kids and where they go for backup, and the names of the kids I get from other providers when they need backup.
originalkat 06:33 AM 07-11-2014
Here is my summer bulletin board. I usually change it at the beginning of each month with the current theme/holiday/season. I always put the current calendar and theme info along with any permission or sign up sheets. I try to make it a place (right by the door) where parents look for upcoming events and reminders. I post all my licenses and other required postings above the board in frames or on the side of my fridge.

Tags:bulletin board
Reply Up