Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Kicks!! What Do You Charge?
LaLa1923 11:26 AM 12-05-2012
Please feel free to log out for privacy!

This question came up in another thread, do I thought I'd make a post!

What do you charge? Is that for pt, ft, drop in, hours, slot??etc

Here's me- I live in Anne Arundel County MD
I charge $200 for infants and $185 for toddlers

In Baltimore MD the rates are a lot lower- $150 for infants, $125 for toddlers.

I haven't had any sa children yet.
My rate is for FT, haven't had pt. Up to 50 hrs a week but each family has CONTRACTED hours.
I know the rates change all over MD. A provider about 15mins from me charges $275 for an infant, & $200 for a toddler!!

I am licensed for 6 (will be 7 in july). I can have two under 2.
littlemissmuffet 11:43 AM 12-05-2012
I live in the prairies in Canada - the average in my city for home or center based child care is $600/month (almost all daycares charge monthly here). I charge $650/month - regardless of time/hours used. All my parents are on contracted hours between 7:30am and 5:00pm. Most of my kiddos are 4-5 days a week, I get the occasional part-timer - but the price is still the same. I don't provider any kinds of discounts - parents are only ever reimbursed a daily rate of $25/day if I go over my 5 paid sick days or use an optional unpaid week of vacation above and beyond my two weeks paid - neither of which I have ever had to do.
Blackcat31 11:46 AM 12-05-2012
I live in Northern Minnesota, farther north than most Candians living in Ontario

I am licensed for 14 children with a helper but keep 11 daily with a helper only between 11-2.

I do not take school age children and only accept infants from current families.

I charge a flat weekly rate starting at $140 up to $165 based off pick up times.

I don't offer sibling discounts, charge for some holidays/vacations.

I won't work before 7:00 a.m and won't work after 5:30 p.m.
I don't offer evening or weekend care. All payments are pre-pay, no exceptions, no excuses.
bunnyslippers 11:49 AM 12-05-2012
I charge 275 a week for ages over 12 months-kindergarten age. I charge 300 a week for under 12 months.

I do not accept part time, half days, etc. Full day full time only.

I am open from 7:30-4:00. Each family is contracted for whatever hours they need. Price does not change depending on contracted hours.

I do not charge for holidays, school vacations, or the first 5 inclement weather days. I do get 5 paid personal days per year.

Payment is due regardless of attendance, on the first day of each week. I do not give parents any free days to use at their discretion. If I am open, they need to pay.

I live in MA, in a high socioeconomic area.
MNMum 11:52 AM 12-05-2012
Here's my chart. I have an upcharge from 7am-8am. I also offer a discount if picked up between 3:30-4:30pm. Most of my kids are here 7:45-4:30. I'm only open Mon-Thurs.

Tuition:

8am-4:30pm 6 weeks-2 years Until potty trained Preschool
3 Days 135 130 115
4 Days 155 145 135
Drop-in 50 45 40

Each family will contract for their drop off and pick up hours. The above chart is for the hours of 8-4:30. A discount will be given for a contracted pick up time earlier than 4:30pm. This is $1 for each 15 minutes earlier than 4:30, up to $4/day (ie, for a 4-day infant with a pickup time of 3:30, the discount would be $16, and the weekly rate would be $139). A drop off time earlier than 8am may be available for $1/15 minutes.
Willow 12:06 PM 12-05-2012
Plenty enough to pay my bills and help support my family of 4 is all that needs to be said about my specific rates IMHO

I don't want to give anyone the impression that I am under or over paid because rates are incredibly subjective to location. Typically the more one charges, the more they're also paying for their mortgage, their groceries, their taxes....it all pretty well evens out so the numbers are really a moot point for me.

I hate when people shoot out that they make $x00.00 a week and then newcomers automatically assume that's what they should be charging for offering the same services......can dig them quite the hole just starting out as well as be a dig to the self esteem/worth of others, and I don't want to be part of that. All feels a bit like a pissing match to me and I don't see the value in it. Growing up my dad would have slapped my face if I sat down at the table and asked the size of the bacon everyone was bringing home......this board is the only place I've ever seen it be seemingly socially acceptable actually.

I will say I live rurally. I invoice my parents every two weeks and charge hourly. I do not offer evening, weekend or part time care. I do offer sibling discounts. I do not charge different rates for different age groups nor do I charge for any time I'm not actually caring for someone's child.

I am licensed for 10 but prefer to keep a small group of no more than 5 or 6 (plus my own two school agers).
littlemissmuffet 12:12 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
Plenty enough to pay my bills and help support my family of 4 is all that needs to be said about my specific rates IMHO

I don't want to give anyone the impression that I am under or over paid because rates are incredibly subjective to location. Typically the more one charges, the more they're also paying for their mortgage, their groceries, their taxes....it all pretty well evens out so the numbers are really a moot point for me.

I hate when people shoot out that they make $x00.00 a week and then newcomers automatically assume that's what they should be charging for offering the same services......can dig them quite the hole just starting out as well as be a dig to the self esteem/worth of others, and I don't want to be part of that. All feels a bit like a pissing match to me and I don't see the value in it.

I will say I live rurally. I invoice my parents every two weeks and charge hourly. I do not offer evening, weekend or part time care. I do offer sibling discounts. I do not charge different rates for different age groups nor do I charge for any time I'm not actually caring for someone's child.

I am licensed for 10 but prefer to keep a small group of no more than 5 or 6 (plus my own two school agers).
I find that's a really big problem in this business, that people don't actually put enough effort into researching HOW to operate a dayhome before they actually open one. Getting some random prices off of a public forum filled with providers from around the world isn't appropriate research, IMO. One should be researching LOCAL prices.

I don't at all see how this is a pissing match when very few of us live in the same location - and all of us obviously have different costs of living. I think it is interesting to see what areas do charge what!
Hazel 12:24 PM 12-05-2012
I live in the burbs outside Philadelphia Pa. I charge different prices depending on enrollment. I used to have a 3 day minimum but people are more frequently asking for 2 days so..
Prices are for infant to school age.
5 days- $175
4 days - $140
3 days- $120
2 days- $90
I don't do discounts for siblings anymore and I ask people to try to keep their days consistent if they are part time. Since I only have 5 kids, I need to keep all spots full, so if they want random 2 days a week I tell them they need to pay more.. They usually understand where I'm coming from and try to get a set schedule. I don't normally take drop-ins unless a PT family needs an extra day, or a out of town relative of a DCF needs a day here or there.

After school kids (k-8th)Rates:
$10 before or afterschool($15 for both)
$15 half day
$25 full day

I am actullly much cheaper than most centers around here since they normally charge $225 to $300 a week for infants!
I also provide breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks.
Willow 12:24 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I find that's a really big problem in this business, that people don't actually put enough effort into researching HOW to operate a dayhome before they actually open one. Getting some random prices off of a public forum filled with providers from around the world isn't appropriate research, IMO. One should be researching LOCAL prices.

I don't at all see how this is a pissing match when very few of us live in the same location - and all of us obviously have different costs of living. I think it is interesting to see what areas do charge what!
I definitely agree with your first paragraph. I think putting a disclaimer like that out on all of these posts would be a huge help to those who actually search threads like these.

The second I understand the curiosity, so I don't fault anyone for wondering....it all feels a bit like someone is asking me what color my underwear is....or how many times I have "relations" with my spouse every week.....it's just no one's business! I've answered a few of these threads, and I really didn't like the way it made me feel. I know it bothers others too because we've discussed it before in pm's. I wish more would speak up in that regard.

Thank you for not lighting me up for expressing my feelings
Blackcat31 12:43 PM 12-05-2012
I definitely agree with your first paragraph. I think putting a disclaimer like that out on all of these posts would be a huge help to those who actually search threads like these.
That may be true but at the same time, I don't see how it could or would help anyone, seasoned or a newbie. You are going to find out really quick in this business if you are over or under priced.

This is also about the millionth time I have answered a thread question like this because it has been asked several times since I joined this forum.

I answer because I don't have issues sharing my rates. I am comfortable with what I make and don't give a second thought to what others charge in or out of my area as I am fully aware that the rates are definitely dependent on location.

I also feel anyone just starting out that chooses to simply charge the same as some stranger on the internet probably has bigger issues than figuring rates. (OP~ that was NOT meant towards you as I am taking your thread question as light hearted and as a curiosity since you said "just for kicks..." )

The second I understand the curiosity, so I don't fault anyone for wondering....it all feels a bit like someone is asking me what color my underwear is....or how many times I have "relations" with my spouse every week.....it's just no one's business!
What color undies ARE you wearing?!? Perhaps the color is directly related to how many times you have "relations" with your spouse...

I've answered a few of these threads, and I really didn't like the way it made me feel. I know it bothers others too because we've discussed it before in pm's. I wish more would speak up in that regard.
Personally, I love a good, meaningful and worthwhile discussion so when threads come up that make you feel badly or ones that you have issue with, you should say so. State that a thread makes you feel a certain way etc as I think that just because this is a public forum, doesn't mean that everything should always be nicey nice or all sunshine and rainbows....kwim?

I LOVE hearing other perspectives and ways others feel about things, especially if I would never have even thought about it from that angle. It can and is educational to see from all viewpoints.

I too, wish people would simply post without fear of flaming, backlash or scrutiny by others and not feel as though they need to hide behind PM's and unregistered posting.

As child care providers, we all know one thing and that is there is NO one right way to do anything. Only what does and doesn't work for you.
melilley 12:47 PM 12-05-2012
I find that's a really big problem in this business, that people don't actually put enough effort into researcg HOW to operate a dayhome before they actually open one. Getting some random prices off of a public forum filled with providers from around the world isn't appropriate research, IMO. One should be researching LOCAL prices.

I agree that I don't see how this is a pissing match either. The thread does say "FOR KICKS" don't answer if you are not comfortable. I do agree that people shouldn't look on here to set their prices and that they need to research local prices, but I guess I thought that was a given. I too think it's interesting to see what others charge in different parts of the country/world and like others have said, some of the posts show charts or other info. that I could use to help determine what I could charge and how some of you break it down. I will admit that I am not opening until Jan., but some these posts have helped me see the different methods and reasoning for charging for different circumstances. I have done local research and know I can't charge what others are charging, but like I said I thought it was a given to do so.
MNMum 12:50 PM 12-05-2012
These posts on how to charge have helped me to find a way to charge that I feel comfortable doing. Especially Nannyde's rate chart and all the explanations given along with the chart. It opened my eyes to many areas surrounding the business side of daycare.
Binkybobo 12:52 PM 12-05-2012
Not enough....
AnneCordelia 12:54 PM 12-05-2012
My prices are average for my area; neither high nor low. I'm 45 minutes outside of Toronto, Canada.

I charge:
Fulltime: $175/week
Parttime (3 day minimum): $120/week
Drop in: $45/day
Crystal 01:02 PM 12-05-2012

I hate when people shoot out that they make $x00.00 a week and then newcomers automatically assume that's what they should be charging for offering the same services......can dig them quite the hole just starting out as well as be a dig to the self esteem/worth of others, and I don't want to be part of that. All feels a bit like a pissing match to me and I don't see the value in it. Growing up my dad would have slapped my face if I sat down at the table and asked the size of the bacon everyone was bringing home......this board is the only place I've ever seen it be seemingly socially acceptable actually.

Wow! That was incredibly rude and unneccessary. I have to ask, (and OP I am sorry for going off topic) but why bother even responding to a very basic question if it bothers you so much?Why not just move on?
Crystal 01:04 PM 12-05-2012
I charge $160 per week full time, $130 per week part time.

I could easily charge more, but choose not too. I live a very comfortable lifestyle with my current rates and my families can easily afford what I charge. It's a win-win!
spud912 01:05 PM 12-05-2012
I charge $135 per week.

As far as not liking this thread......then don't respond, simple as that. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion .
allsmiles 01:06 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by melilley:
I agree that I don't see how this is a pissing match either. The thread does say "FOR KICKS" don't answer if you are not comfortable. I do agree that people shouldn't look on here to set their prices and that they need to research local prices, but I guess I thought that was a given. I too think it's interesting to see what others charge in different parts of the country/world!

i live in the South, cost of living is low.. I started rather quickly, like within 2 months so i offer the bare minimum. I called local daycares as well as looked over Craigslist which is where i mostly advertise before pricing my care..right now i am charging $85/week for all children $50 for after schoolers.. which is about the same as others around me but definately on the low end. I plan to raise my rates in august to the average here of about $95/week when i have more equipment, resources and a good hold on what im doing LOL.. i feel more and more confident by the day.. I came into this to be a preschool teacher where my experience was, but i only have one preschooler.. so im really learning more about infants and toddlers (mine are teens). With more training and school of hard knocks, I know i will be ready to increase my rates in the fall.

drop in is $25/day

i do not offer sibling discount or part time hours.
Country Kids 01:19 PM 12-05-2012
I charge $25 a day/$125 for full-timers.

Then for before/after school care=$75 a month
Before and after school care=$150

Now to do research in my area is very, very hard. No one talks rates, no one lists on craigslist, everyone wants you to see their programs before discussing rates. Two places have websites no prices.
melilley 01:24 PM 12-05-2012

Originally Posted by Crystal:
Wow! That was incredibly rude and unneccessary. I have to ask, (and OP I am sorry for going off topic) but why bother even responding to a very basic question if it bothers you so much?Why not just move on?
Thank you I agree, and it does say "for kicks", why be so serious!
melilley 01:29 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

Now to do research in my area is very, very hard. No one talks rates, no one lists on craigslist, everyone wants you to see their programs before discussing rates. Two places have websites no prices.
I do know what you mean, that it is hard to do local research, I guess I've been in child care for so long that I know what the norm around me is. I'm not saying I would do this or this is the thing to do, but I know of people who would have someone with a child to different daycare's and pretend that they are interested to see what they charge. Well this was at centers, not homes. I could never do this, I'm too honest I guess, but people do do it.
crazydaycarelady 01:30 PM 12-05-2012
$30/day. When I started, back in the olden days, it was $13/day.
SunshineMama 01:32 PM 12-05-2012
I charge $175.00 per week for full time (anything 3 days and over). $45 per day for part time.

But I do all organic or all natural meals and snacks, field trips are included, and I spend a lot of money on crafts. Most of the extra money goes toward the price of food though- so expensive these days! But I am one of those people who would rather spend more now on healthy food than spend money down the road on medical expenses.
Country Kids 01:32 PM 12-05-2012
I do know what you mean, that it is hard to do local research, I guess I've been in child care for so long that I know what the norm around me is. I'm not saying I would do this or this is the thing to do, but I know of people who would have someone with a child to different daycare's and pretend that they are interested to see what they charge. Well this was at centers, not homes. I could never do this, I'm too honest I guess, but people do do it.

Even when you call know, its come into see our program firs-homes/centers. People are getting very tight lipped!
LaLa1923 01:38 PM 12-05-2012

<~~~~~Exactly this! I find it interesting! If anyone ever needs help beyond this board I am more than welcome to help!!
Meeko 01:38 PM 12-05-2012
$95 per week for over 2's. $115 for babies. Very low compared to some of you ladies, but a little above average for around here!

I bet those of you who charge more, also pay more for your homes etc. It all evens out in the end.

My SIL is in CA and I can't believe how much groceries are near her (she pays double what I do for milk) and how much homes sell for. We could have bought a mansion here for what she paid for her tiny 3 bedroom rambler.

So I don't give much stock in the actual dollar amounts.
LaLa1923 01:41 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
These posts on how to charge have helped me to find a way to charge that I feel comfortable doing. Especially Nannyde's rate chart and all the explanations given along with the chart. It opened my eyes to many areas surrounding the business side of daycare.
Where is her rate chart??
Willow 01:48 PM 12-05-2012
Blackcat this:

is exactly where everyone's hesitation comes from.........now you understand?

(ps - green, although my husband is over in ND at the moment so I'm not sure it's possible for that to sway our count for this week )
melilley 01:55 PM 12-05-2012
Even when you call know, its come into see our program firs-homes/centers. People are getting very tight lipped!
I know what you mean, where I worked they would not, for any reason give rates over the phone. Sorry, I meant they would pretend to be a client and go to the other center/home to see what rates were. It's not the best way, but they did find out the info. they needed. Like I said, I could never do it, I would be too scared that I would see those people while I would be out with my daycare kids and I'm not good at deceiving people nor would I want to...
williams2008 02:08 PM 12-05-2012
I'm not making nearly enough!!! I have a few people that I know who does family child care and centers, so I pretty much knew what the cost was in my area. I also looked on my state Department of Humans Services website under child care search and put in my town info and it list every licensed child care home and center with their rate, hours and times.So with all this info is how I came up with my rate.
melilley 02:12 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by williams2008:
I'm not making nearly enough!!! I have a few people that I know who does family child care and centers, so I pretty much knew what the cost was in my area. I also looked on my state Department of Humans Services website under child care search and put in my town info and it list every licensed child care home and center with their rate, hours and times.So with all this info is how I came up with my rate.
Oh yea, I forgot that DHS posts licensed child care homes and most of them do post their rates....Thanks for reminding me!
melilley 02:13 PM 12-05-2012
I know what you mean, where I worked they would not, for any reason give rates over the phone. Sorry, I meant they would pretend to be a client and go to the other center/home to see what rates were. It's not the best way, but they did find out the info. they needed. Like I said, I could never do it, I would be too scared that I would see those people while I would be out with my daycare kids and I'm not good at deceiving people nor would I want to...
Look at Williams2008 post. She gives an idea of how you can find out other providers rates in your area!
melilley 02:15 PM 12-05-2012

Look at williams2008 post. There is a great idea on how to research other provider's rates in your area!
mom2many 02:24 PM 12-05-2012
I think it is interesting to see how much rates vary depending on where you are located. I live in a high cost of living area, but my rates are way less than those up the peninsula closer to San Francisco. I found this out years ago, when I first started & recently had a new family start that verified it has not changed!

I charge $200 for f/t infants & pre-school
and $150 for p/t and S/A
williams2008 02:42 PM 12-05-2012
Ha I put hours and times Sorry I know that is the same thing, as you can see my day has been pretty long, but you'll get what I'm saying don't ya!?!?!
Scout 02:47 PM 12-05-2012
I agree. I am sure the OP was not trying to unveil anyone's skeletons in the closet-so to speak
littlemissmuffet 02:47 PM 12-05-2012
*edited - posted a reply in response to the wrong quote*

Ugh. It's really unfortunate that potential childcare providers would do this to established providers... a really big pet peeve in this business is people not showing up to interviews or people showing up just to collect (or even steal) information, handbooks, etc. Such a disrespectful waste of time!

I call around the city once a year - I call at least 10 daycares (center and home) in my area, and another 20 or so across the city - I do this so I can stay current with average prices each year, especially when I up my own fees. This is EXACTLY what I tell my collegues when I call, as well - thankfully, everyone is always really open and helpful!
Scout 02:51 PM 12-05-2012
I charge $130 full time for one child
$200 for siblings
$30 per day part time(no enrollments for this yet though)
Everyone in my area seems to do the discount. For my old provider we only paid an extra $10 per day for our second. I based mine off what we paid & also what a few other providers in my area charge. I went lower than the latter since I am just starting out!
melilley 02:55 PM 12-05-2012
Ugh. It's really unfortunate that potential childcare providers would do this to established providers... a really big pet peeve in this business is people not showing up to interviews or people showing up just to collect (or even steal) information, handbooks, etc. Such a disrespectful waste of time!

I call around the city once a year - I call at least 10 daycares (center and home) in my area, and another 20 or so across the city - I do this so I can stay current with average prices each year, especially when I up my own fees. This is EXACTLY what I tell my collegues when I call, as well - thankfully, everyone is always really open and helpful!
In the US, our Department of Human Services, through the government's state's websites, lists all licensed providers. The provider can list what he/she charges if they want, but do not have to. Any one can access this info. Also, a lot of people at least in the US aren't willing to give out prices over the phone. I'm guessing they do not want the competition to charge less than they do? I hope this makes sense.
mom2many 02:58 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by aprilsfool77:
I agree. I am sure the OP was not trying to unveil anyone's skeletons in the closet-so to speak
I agree with Crystal too... if you don't want to post b/c it makes you uncomfortable or you find it inappropriate, then don't & just move on!
sharlan 02:59 PM 12-05-2012
Daycare is very competitive in my area. Far more providers than available kids.

I charge $125 a week for FT regardless of the age.

I believe many providers are charging $150, or at least they say they are when I call and ask. I always tell them that I am another provider.
williams2008 03:00 PM 12-05-2012

I don't steal anyone's information, I came up with my own rate, handbook, etc. What's the difference between looking it up on the website and calling and asking them for it!?!?!?.....ummmm nothing!!
Binkybobo 03:15 PM 12-05-2012

I put my rate on all of my ads. It saves me lot of the hassle of having prociders pretending to be potential clients calling me to check prices and then standing me up. It also saves me the trouble of having someone call and then decide that I am too expensive for them. Believe it or not $115/week is a lot in my area. Some parents may see this in the ad and assume that by charging more the care is better. When I move into my beautiful new home in a couple of months(which I haven't found yet) I will charge even more. I'd rather take my time finding clients that are willing to pay more then to put myself in the position that I am in now. I only take in kids between the ages of 2 and 5 years. This is my full time rate. I have no part time rate.
melilley 03:20 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by Binkybobo:
I put my rate on all of my ads. It saves me lot of the hassle of having prociders pretending to be potential clients calling me to check prices and then standing me up. It also saves me the trouble of having someone call and then decide that I am too expensive for them. Believe it or not $115/week is a lot in my area. Some parents may see this in the ad and assume that by charging more the care is better. When I move into my beautiful new home in a couple of months(which I haven't found yet) I will charge even more. I'd rather take my time finding clients that are willing to pay more then to put myself in the position that I am in now. I only take in kids between the ages of 2 and 5 years. This is my full time rate. I have no part time rate.
If you don't mind me asking, how is it going taking kids 2-5 and only full time? I was thinking of doing 1 infant and the rest 2 1/2-5, and only doing full time, but wasn't sure if people go for it.
littlemissmuffet 03:22 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by williams2008:
I don't steal anyone's information, I came up with my own rate, handbook, etc. What's the difference between looking it up on the website and calling and asking them for it!?!?!?.....ummmm nothing!!
Oh No! I completely hit the "quote" button on the WRONG quote... my mistake. I didn't mean to quote you, williams2008 - sorry!!!

I was actually referring to THIS quote below:

Sorry for the confusion!
melilley 03:26 PM 12-05-2012
Oh No! I completely hit the "quote" button on the WRONG quote... my mistake. I didn't mean to quote you, williams2008 - sorry!!!

Sorry for the confusion!
I never said that I did this, I simply said that others do this.
Binkybobo 03:29 PM 12-05-2012
If you don't mind me asking, how is it going taking kids 2-5 and only full time? I was thinking of doing 1 infant and the rest 2 1/2-5, and only doing full time, but wasn't sure if people go for it.
Not a problem. I filled up in no time, but this my be becausei started at the end of Summer which is a time when parents are very busy looking for daycare right before school starts. I don't think I would ever do it any other way. I am not sure how infants would fit into our group. I enjoy doing circle time, arts and crafts, science experiements, going on nature walks etc. I think our group is too fast moving to have to include infants. I may be wrong. If I took in infants, I would probably only watch infants exclusively so that I can focus on baby stuff like baby signs etc.
littlemissmuffet 03:30 PM 12-05-2012
I never said that I did this, I simply said that others do this.
Oh, I know. I still wanted to comment on it because it is a common problem that many providers face
melilley 03:33 PM 12-05-2012
Not a problem. I filled up in no time, but this my be becausei started at the end of Summer which is a time when parents are very busy looking for daycare right before school starts. I don't think I would ever do it any other way. I am not sure how infants would fit into our group. I enjoy doing circle time, arts and crafts, science experiements, going on nature walks etc. I think our group is too fast moving to have to include infants. I may be wrong. If I took in infants, I would probably only watch infants exclusively so that I can focus on baby stuff like baby signs etc.
Thanks! I have a 4 month old of my own so I figured I would take 1 more infant, but I'm not sure yet. I wish I could have all infants, but I can only have 2 under 18 months.
melilley 03:45 PM 12-05-2012
Oh, I know. I still wanted to comment on it because it is a common problem that many providers face
I know, I was asked to do it once when I did work in a center and I refused. I shouldn't have even mentioned it on here!
williams2008 03:56 PM 12-05-2012

Sorry for the confusion!
No problem!!!
daycarediva 04:18 PM 12-05-2012
$175/5 days & always up to 50 hours+ $5/hr 50-60 hours (1 family needs this)
$160/4 set days
$140/3 set days
$100/2 set days
$50/drop in spot-I only have Friday available and one family that uses it maybe once-twice a month
ages 2-5, I am licensed for, and have 6 under 5 right now. 2 are part time.

I no longer take infants, but I charged $225/ft and ONLY did FT (or they paid for a ft spot) when I took infants
No sib discount, 10 paid vaca/holidays

SA care is $75/week for before AND/OR after school, $150 week/summer and breaks, additional $5/half days of school.
I just termed one SA kid and will be letting my other go before summer break, sticking with just under 5 because the SA disrupt the schedule too much.

I am in central NY, in a middle class suburb.
blandino 05:03 PM 12-05-2012
Our rates are:

140.00 a week for 18m+
150.00 a week for infants

40.00 a day for part-time

All tuition is due and is the same for all 52 weeks a year. We don't accept state subsidy.

*No sibling discounts - no discounts of any kind, actually

We serve a middle-class/upper middle class clientele (! would guess household incomes ranging from 70,000 to 200,000+) - to give you an idea of our community.

For our area, our prices are at the higher end of home daycares. In the Tulsa area, the nicest centers are around 215.00 a week for an infant, and 175.00 a week for a toddler - and home daycares range from 115.00 - 160.00 a week (obviously a wide range exists there). I would say average home daycare tuition is about 125.00 in our area.
LaLa1923 05:36 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by blandino:
Our rates are:

140.00 a week for 18m+
150.00 a week for infants

40.00 a day for part-time

All tuition is due and is the same for all 52 weeks a year. We don't accept state subsidy.

*No sibling discounts - no discounts of any kind, actually

We serve a middle-class/upper middle class clientele (! would guess household incomes ranging from 70,000 to 200,000+) - to give you an idea of our community.

For our area, our prices are at the higher end of home daycares. In the Tulsa area, the nicest centers are around 215.00 a week for an infant, and 175.00 a week for a toddler - and home daycares range from 115.00 - 160.00 a week (obviously a wide range exists there). I would say average home daycare tuition is about 125.00 in our area.

Really?? Wow! Nice income area... I would think Dc would cost more bc of the income??
MyAngels 05:53 PM 12-05-2012
For those of you discussing why other providers call posing as parents and looking for rates - it's because in the U.S. it's against the law for providers who are in direct competition to discuss their rates, so you can't just call up and be up front about it.

Tom Copeland wrote about it: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...are-rates.html

I charge $125 a week - average for my area according to my CCRRN.
blandino 07:14 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Really?? Wow! Nice income area... I would think Dc would cost more bc of the income??
Honestly, 150 - 160 is the TOP rate for home daycares in our area. I don't think you could get any higher - no matter how nice your program. All of the nicest I know, are about at 150-160 a week.

That was combined household income, just to clarify. I would say in our zip code, the average DUAL income family would bring in 80,000 - around 40,000 per adult - give or take - seems like a fair guess to me.

But I was actually trying to be specific to my best guess at our clients income range - just to give perspective on what middle/upper-middle class is in our area. Our clients all hold professional jobs, not that we haven't had clients who have worked as waitresses and tellers before (because we have and will again) and I am not in any way demeaning those jobs or incomes. But we do serve a more middle/upper middle class clientel, at this point.

In our area:

Unlicensed moms on craigslist attempt: (75-100.00)
Licensed daycares: 115-150/160 - very dependent on program & quality of care
Commercial daycare: 220 (infant) & 175/180 (preschooler).

And why what you said is so funny to me, is, I still ALWAYS hear about the crazy costs of childcare - even with people whose car payment is the same as their daycare. So, it's not an insane amount for a car, but it is for your child's care ?!? DRIVES ME BONKERS !!!
LaLa1923 08:52 PM 12-05-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
For those of you discussing why other providers call posing as parents and looking for rates - it's because in the U.S. it's against the law for providers who are in direct competition to discuss their rates, so you can't just call up and be up front about it.

Tom Copeland wrote about it: http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2011/...are-rates.html

Not sure about this....In MD you can post them on a DC site for other people searching for DC.
hhdc 09:06 PM 12-05-2012
The cost of living is so high where I live and child care is very expensive. To the point that stayed home with my children because I couldn't afford to put them in childcare. I am open 7:30-5:30
I charge between 270-300/week FT
4 days a week $260
1, 2 or 3 days a week is $70 a day

however, I just hired an assistant and am paying her $12/hour. I really want to have someone help me out full time but in order to do that I need a lot of families.
BumbleBee 05:19 AM 12-06-2012
$2.60 hr. SW Mich-20 min northwest of kzoo. Little bitty town
littlemissmuffet 06:30 AM 12-06-2012

Hi MyAngels, in the blog entry you posted, Tom is talking about discussing rates at association meetings and between association members - not individuals. Not all US providers are part of an association - so your information that discussing rates between providers is illegal.

Also, even if it were illegal - pretending to be an interested parent and wasting a provider's precious time like that is by far morally worse!
shelby 07:17 AM 12-06-2012
I am an unlicensed home daycare.. and my rates are 100 a week. Daycares in our area are charging 175 a week... which for our area is the avg.
MyAngels 07:48 AM 12-06-2012
Hi MyAngels, in the blog entry you posted, Tom is talking about discussing rates at association meetings and between association members - not individuals. Not all US providers are part of an association - so your information that discussing rates between providers is illegal.
Also, even if it were illegal - pretending to be an interested parent and wasting a provider's precious time like that is by far morally worse!
What is illegal about my information?

If you just read a little further down in the article you'll see this (the bold is mine): "It's illegal for competitors to discuss rates. Federal antitrust laws are designed to encourage competition and discourage competitors from setting prices higher than they would be otherwise. To discuss rates with another child care provider or center is considered price fixing and is against the law."

The laws are obviously different in Canada, but here in the US, if you are a competitor of another provider you are not allowed to ask about rates if you identify yourself as a provider.

I do agree that contacting other providers pretending to be a parent is deceptive, even wrong, but the reason that providers do it is because it's illegal to get the information by asking straight out.

I personally have never misrepresented myself to get rates. If I need information on rates I contact my CCRRN and they can give me the low, high and average for my area.
littlemissmuffet 09:00 AM 12-06-2012
What is illegal about my information?

If you just read a little further down in the article you'll see this (the bold is mine): "It's illegal for competitors to discuss rates. Federal antitrust laws are designed to encourage competition and discourage competitors from setting prices higher than they would be otherwise. To discuss rates with another child care provider or center is considered price fixing and is against the law."

The laws are obviously different in Canada, but here in the US, if you are a competitor of another provider you are not allowed to ask about rates if you identify yourself as a provider.

I do agree that contacting other providers pretending to be a parent is deceptive, even wrong, but the reason that providers do it is because it's illegal to get the information by asking straight out.

I personally have never misrepresented myself to get rates. If I need information on rates I contact my CCRRN and they can give me the low, high and average for my area.
Sorry, that should have read "so your information that discussing rates between providers BEING illegal IS false."

I read the entire blog entry and I just don't see how it applies to individual competing providers/small businesses and I actually don't think it does. One definition of "Federal Antitrust Laws" I found was: The United States Antitrust laws were put in place by federal and state governments to regulate corporations. They keep companies from becoming too large and fixing prices, and also encourage competition so that consumers can receive quality products at reasonable prices. These laws give businesses an equal opportunity to compete for market share. Preventing monopolies ensures that consumer demand is met in a fair and balanced way. There are four sections that the laws focus on including agreements between competitors, contracts between buyers and sellers, mergers and monopolies.
Blackcat31 09:11 AM 12-06-2012
Here are some other threads about discussing rates with other providers

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17150

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39818

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14420

Tom directly addresses the issue in the last thread, post #21

Also who ever asked about Nan's rate schedule/structure, it is also found in the last link (post #7)
Small Town Provider 11:00 AM 12-06-2012
I am in Ontario Canada.

I charge $130/week for fulltime and they can pretty much use all my hours from 7:30-5:30

$90/week for 3 days a week

$35/day for less than 3 days a week
littlemissmuffet 11:27 AM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here are some other threads about discussing rates with other providers

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17150

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39818

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14420

Tom directly addresses the issue in the last thread, post #21

Also who ever asked about Nan's rate schedule/structure, it is also found in the last link (post #7)
Thanks, Blackcat!

So it looks like you are indeed correct, MyAngels! I bet there are plenty of providers out there that have no idea about this law!! I for one think it's completely ridiculous and shouldn't apply in our field... but, it is what it is.

Thanks for the info, gals!
Country Kids 11:42 AM 12-06-2012
Yes, we can discuss on here but not amongst ourselves in our own areas (towns).
kitykids3 04:24 PM 12-06-2012
I personally see how giving my rate info to non-competitors is a matter I can't discuss. I have no problem with it, especially, as others have said, each local area is different in their ranges.
I keep my prices low enough for parents to afford but high enough to pay my bills and about average for the city. Not as low as stay at home moms, and although I have a high quality program, I also don't charge the highest either.

FT - under 2 is $215, 2-3 $190 4-5 $170

PT/per hour under 2 is $5.20; 2-3 $4.75 4-5 $4.60

I only do contracted hours between 7am and 6pm. If they go over they pay more. FT is only up to 9.5 hours per day and 47.5 hours per week. If they want more, they pay hourly rate.

Compared to state aid, my full time rates are higher than the state but my hourly is lower. I am thinking next year my PT rate will go up significantly or I'll do a minimum of a half day rate to start weeding out parents that only want to drop off for 2-3 hours at a time.
I do have a 10 hour per week minimum.
Holiday Park 06:24 PM 12-06-2012
I didn't know it was illegal to even discuss rates with another provider. I have a aquantance (alomst like a friend but we dont go out r do stuff together) who I've known 8 years . We both have offered to be each others back up if the need has ever arise , she used to use me as her substitute/assistant , and we occasionally call one another to ask question about daycare related stuff ( including rates) and even just talk or vent like everyone does here on the forum. Can you imagine how nice it is to have a IRL person to discuss things with like some of the topics on the forum? I guess we just both know how to keep friendship&business seperate while being able to talk about both. She's not threatend by me and I'm not threatend by her business.
She's been licensed over 20 yrs and I used her sorta like a mentor and I am license exempt and only keep 2 on most days. I am very strict and have all these rules&policies, and she has never done rules/contracts, and is extremely relaxed about stuff . So much that I've had to (kindly) let her know how I think she should be more strict so parents aren't taking advantage of her. She always has a waiting list and most of her clients work together or know one another personally . I am cery picky about who I take on as a client/dck and it takes me up to 6 months to find the right one when Im looking to fill a spot . We also have sifferent views about some caregiving methods but we have some things in common too . Anyway , what do you all think about the situation where you know some one personally like that? And can discuss things with out any problems.
Crystal 07:04 PM 12-06-2012
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
I didn't know it was illegal to even discuss rates with another provider. I have a aquantance (alomst like a friend but we dont go out r do stuff together) who I've known 8 years . We both have offered to be each others back up if the need has ever arise , she used to use me as her substitute/assistant , and we occasionally call one another to ask question about daycare related stuff ( including rates) and even just talk or vent like everyone does here on the forum. Can you imagine how nice it is to have a IRL person to discuss things with like some of the topics on the forum? I guess we just both know how to keep friendship&business seperate while being able to talk about both. She's not threatend by me and I'm not threatend by her business.
She's been licensed over 20 yrs and I used her sorta like a mentor and I am license exempt and only keep 2 on most days. I am very strict and have all these rules&policies, and she has never done rules/contracts, and is extremely relaxed about stuff . So much that I've had to (kindly) let her know how I think she should be more strict so parents aren't taking advantage of her. She always has a waiting list and most of her clients work together or know one another personally . I am cery picky about who I take on as a client/dck and it takes me up to 6 months to find the right one when Im looking to fill a spot . We also have sifferent views about some caregiving methods but we have some things in common too . Anyway , what do you all think about the situation where you know some one personally like that? And can discuss things with out any problems.
I have a friend just like that. We have been friends for about 5 years and even go to school together....so we even help each other with homework!!! We will graduate together in May 2013!!! We can talk and be TOTALLY honest about everything and not worry about the other one stabbing the other in the back. We HELP each other with our businesses, even though we have two differing philosphies of ECE and different ways of running our businesses.

So, to answer your question, I think it is AWESOME to have a friend like that.
tamarab71 06:25 AM 12-13-2012
I've called around also and felt uncomfortable doing so. Did get some info. though. As for why providers don't post their rates-In Tom Copeland's books he enourages providers NOT to post their rates but to promote the benefits of their program first. However, as a parent, I want to know rates to see if they fit into my budget. I realize people are willing to pay for high quality but sometimes, especially in this economy, they are forced to settle due to their income. So, I guess it's really up to each provider whether or not to post. When I worked for a large center, we posted rates near the phone to give to callers but we didn't print it in any marketing materials.
Fruitloops1 12:05 PM 12-13-2012
This is straight from my website...

Enrollment Options:

6 weeks – 2 years old
5 Days a week $325
3 day $250
2 days $170

2 years old and up
5 days a week $250
3 days a week $200
2 days a week $150

Before and after school care (includes afternoon snack)
$30 per day
LK5kids 03:10 AM 12-14-2012
I am just starting out again in FCC. I've been out of it for 14 yrs. I used to have a good idea what people were charging. I'm a bit lower than I thought I'd have to be. Rates will go up after a year for present families. If I have openings, say in six months and have a better idea what people pay or other FCC charge it may be higher.
I have had a hard time finding out what people charge too.

Right now my rates are $115.00/wk $125.00/wk up yo one year. I live in a rural lower income area.
LK5kids 03:20 AM 12-14-2012
I wish I could do this as I LOVE the teaching aspect too. Our public school,provides 1/2 day pre- k 5 days a week and now has begun offering free child care for the remaining part of the day....ouch- takes all kids out of the loop who are that age.
originalkat 08:20 AM 12-18-2012
I charge $525 per month for ages 2-5. I do not take younger children.
allsmiles 02:13 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by LK5kids:
I wish I could do this as I LOVE the teaching aspect too. Our public school,provides 1/2 day pre- k 5 days a week and now has begun offering free child care for the remaining part of the day....ouch- takes all kids out of the loop who are that age.
same problem i have..
clep 04:24 PM 12-18-2012
I charge $800 per month regardless of age for full time as that is all I do. I live in an area where incomes are significant so all is well there. I am on the higher end where I live for day homes. I also provide an extensive early learning program so the pay reflects that as well.
Patches 09:04 PM 12-19-2012
I'm in Oklahoma and I charge:
$130/week - under 2
$120/week - 2 through 5
Pretty typical for my area
I have a provider down the street from me that charges $140/week across the board and another one that charges $110/week
Patches 09:09 PM 12-19-2012
Also wanted to add that about 5 years ago, I was working in a center when I had my son and I made $7/hr and had to pay $177/week for my son That didn't last long, I had to quit because I was paying to work there.
winkiedee 04:36 AM 12-20-2012
Wow some of those prices you get. I am licensed for 112 children and I am on my 6th year of being open. Things are tough right now because i am down over 20 children of what I normally have and most leave due to private sitters or economy.

for infants i charge $125 a week
over 1 it is $105
potty trained its $95
school agers its $65

we are open from 530am to 7pm and a child can only stay 10 hours, if they stay up to 12 hours a day its an extra $15 a week.

i am in stonewall louisiana
daycaremom76 05:15 AM 12-20-2012
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Please feel free to log out for privacy!

This question came up in another thread, do I thought I'd make a post!

What do you charge? Is that for pt, ft, drop in, hours, slot??etc

Here's me- I live in Anne Arundel County MD
I charge $200 for infants and $185 for toddlers

In Baltimore MD the rates are a lot lower- $150 for infants, $125 for toddlers.

I haven't had any sa children yet.
My rate is for FT, haven't had pt. Up to 50 hrs a week but each family has CONTRACTED hours.
I know the rates change all over MD. A provider about 15mins from me charges $275 for an infant, & $200 for a toddler!!

I am licensed for 6 (will be 7 in july). I can have two under 2.
We are neighbors LOL! I'm in Baltimore Co MD
$225 for infants
$150 2yrs and up (but raising it to $175 for new parents in 2013)
LaLa1923 01:30 PM 12-20-2012
Originally Posted by daycaremom76:
We are neighbors LOL! I'm in Baltimore Co MD
$225 for infants
$150 2yrs and up (but raising it to $175 for new parents in 2013)

WOW!! What area? I'm near arundel mills mall in Jessup. I am from Baltimore, just moved here not long ago....
When I lived there rates were $150 for infants and $125 for toddlers

I'm having a hard time finding families for the rates I have and it's an expensive area...

Feel free to pm me!!
Unregistered 07:58 AM 12-21-2012
I' am a registered member but I logged out for privacy. I have been open for over 6 years. Licensed for 6 kids. 2 under two years old. When I was first getting the ball rolling about opening my dc I actually had my sister call about 8 dc centers around where I lived to get info on rates and what they offered, and hours. (I logged out because I wasnt sure the peopleon this site would approve of that tactic). Lets just say I was asstounded by what what I learned. It was from that info I formed my rates.

Full time for one child is $165.00 a week
Two kids is $330.00 a week
Part time for one child is $40.00 a day (1-3 days a week)
Part time for two kids is $60.00 a day
I offer an hourly rate of $8.00 an hour then anything over 3 hours is the $40 a day.
I do offer pt care b/c is has been a way for me to stay full in the lean times.
I do provide 2 meals and one snack, diapers and wipes.

Its amazing how much rates vary from area to area.
DaisyMamma 08:56 AM 01-04-2013
CT shoreline.
$200/week FT infant
$175 FT age 2 and up
$75 afterschool
TBird 09:11 AM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
CT shoreline.
$200/week FT infant
$175 FT age 2 and up
$75 afterschool
Same here!!! Except my infant rate just went up to $225/week.
DaisyMamma 09:19 AM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by TBird:
Same here!!! Except my infant rate just went up to $225/week.
I was considering this myself. Are you also in CT?
How have parents responded to the rate increase?
mama2one 05:48 AM 04-17-2013
this is what i have and i am new to the summer care so i am open to suggestions on how i charge. i dont live in a city i live in a very small town/ low income families so i do not charge alot. any suggestions ideas on this???? I know one dcp charges around 150 a week if not more. I have 2 parents asking for summer care and then school care.

School Age-
Summer/Breaks-
Full Time 3-5 days a week- $120.00
Part Time- 2 days a week- $50.00
1 day a week- $25.00

Before and After school Care-
3-5 days a week- $60.00
2 days a week- $30.00
1 day a week- $15.00
rmc20021 06:58 AM 04-17-2013
I have no problem posting my rates. The likelihood of another provider in my area seeing what I charge is not very high. Even if they did...so what!!!! They are perfectly free to charge whatever they want. My fees are public information.

I am open from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm.

I'm trying to accept only full time preschool/toddlers but at the moment I do have some Sa.

I am licensed for 6 and hope to increase to 12 before the end of summer.

My rates are:

90.00 full time (up to 60 hours per week)
60.00 part time
35.00 for after school

My rates are considerably less than most on here, but competitive for my area in sw Michigan. Every state, every county has different needs so each provider must be able to flow with what is acceptable in their area in order to have kids. The cost of their mortgage should not have anything to do with it...although I know it usually does.

I'm not doing child care to get rich. I'm doing it to be able to stay home with my grandkids who I have custody of, because I'm aging and to work at outside jobs is harder on my body and to provide a service to parents without them having to pay out every dime they make.
momofsix 07:23 AM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by mama2one:
this is what i have and i am new to the summer care so i am open to suggestions on how i charge. i dont live in a city i live in a very small town/ low income families so i do not charge alot. any suggestions ideas on this???? I know one dcp charges around 150 a week if not more. I have 2 parents asking for summer care and then school care.

School Age-
Summer/Breaks-
Full Time 3-5 days a week- $120.00
Part Time- 2 days a week- $50.00
1 day a week- $25.00

Before and After school Care-
3-5 days a week- $60.00
2 days a week- $30.00
1 day a week- $15.00
The way you have your rate structure, someone coming 3 days/week is paying more per day than someone that comes 1 day/week. I always like to encourage more days by making the daily rate higher for those that only come 1-2 days/week. So the more days I have a child, the less I charge per day. I do that to encourage enrollment for more days-if that's not something you want to do then your rates seem very fair

I charge:
100 week/ 2-3 days
120/4 days
130/5 days
mama2one 10:23 AM 04-17-2013
Thanks for the input, im not that good on giving someone rates, i try to be fair and not make them pay alot. Both parents are on a set schedule one is 3 days a week half day, and the other is full time during the summer and then before and after school. thanks for your help
EAP 10:42 AM 04-17-2013
I am in line with other child care in my area and really did my local homework when I set my rate and what all I would offer to clients. Most of my kids are ages 1-2 so my rate is similar to local 2's classrooms - I'm about $10 less per week than a local center that doesn't serve lunch, extras are extra (music) and is a 5 star. I am a 5 star - offer healthy organic food choices and music classes included in my tuition . I have one employee who covers my absences, we have a deticated classroom, full curriculum and I am lead teacher certified which I think all increase my price point in the area. It is a well to do area with lots of amazing options for care.

No part time right now - fulltime is 225/week

Infants 250/week and I only accept one child under one
Unregistered 07:12 PM 04-17-2013
I'm in Mi and live in a small town...

I charge $150 for Infants to 36 months and $130 for preschool to 5 yrs old. I only take full time. I work from 7am - 6 pm but I'm mostly done by 5:30pm every night.
Little Star75 09:57 PM 04-17-2013
Originally Posted by spud912:
I charge $135 per week.

As far as not liking this thread......then don't respond, simple as that. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion .

rmc20021 06:00 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm in Mi and live in a small town...

I charge $150 for Infants to 36 months and $130 for preschool to 5 yrs old. I only take full time. I work from 7am - 6 pm but I'm mostly done by 5:30pm every night.
I'm in the SW part of MI...not trying to be nosey and if you don't want to say, I understand, but what part of MI are you in?

I'd love to raise my rates, but I know other in home daycares in the area are pretty much in line with what I charge.

My daughter lives about an hour away in an even smaller community, but she pays 135.00 per week...that was for a 3/4 year old
LoraJenkins 06:17 AM 04-18-2013
I charge $125 per week for FT (4-5 days a week, 10 hours per day). And $90 per week for PT ( 3 days a week, 10 hours per day). I do not offer drop-in care. I do offer overnight for $50 a night and weekend care for $50 a day also.
Unregistered 06:54 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by rmc20021:
I'm in the SW part of MI...not trying to be nosey and if you don't want to say, I understand, but what part of MI are you in?

I'd love to raise my rates, but I know other in home daycares in the area are pretty much in line with what I charge.

My daughter lives about an hour away in an even smaller community, but she pays 135.00 per week...that was for a 3/4 year old
I live kinda by Ann Arbor/Lansing/Novi area.
MN Day Mom 07:34 AM 04-18-2013
I'm in Minnesota... small town west of the cities.

I have fixed weekly full time rates only.

Infants-18months $175.00
18 months-Kindergarten $150.00
Kindergarten 1/2 days $100.00
All day school $50.00
Laurel 09:39 AM 04-18-2013
I am in Southeast Florida.

full time-$150 a week
full time-$160 until 6 p.m. (normal closing time is 5:30)
part time-$32 a day with a 3 day minimum-$96 for 3 days
drop in-$35 a day

They pay for the day and can come as many hours as I am open. (7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) If anyone needs before 7, I would charge an extra $10 a week but so far no one has)

All ages pay the same from infant on up.

I only do school age on occasion on school holidays for former daycare children or siblings of current clients. They come all day or week so pay a daily/weekly rate. I don't do before or after school.

Laurel
melilley 10:42 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by rmc20021:
I have no problem posting my rates. The likelihood of another provider in my area seeing what I charge is not very high. Even if they did...so what!!!! They are perfectly free to charge whatever they want. My fees are public information.

I am open from 7:30 am - 5:30 pm.

I'm trying to accept only full time preschool/toddlers but at the moment I do have some Sa.

I am licensed for 6 and hope to increase to 12 before the end of summer.

My rates are:

90.00 full time (up to 60 hours per week)
60.00 part time
35.00 for after school

My rates are considerably less than most on here, but competitive for my area in sw Michigan. Every state, every county has different needs so each provider must be able to flow with what is acceptable in their area in order to have kids. The cost of their mortgage should not have anything to do with it...although I know it usually does.

I'm not doing child care to get rich. I'm doing it to be able to stay home with my grandkids who I have custody of, because I'm aging and to work at outside jobs is harder on my body and to provide a service to parents without them having to pay out every dime they make.
It's really interesting to see what others in the same state charge! I'm also from MI in the Lansing area and and charge $130 per week or $30 a day with a 2 day minimum. Interesting!
Blackcat31 11:43 AM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by MN Day Mom:
I'm in Minnesota... small town west of the cities.

I have fixed weekly full time rates only.

Infants-18months $175.00
18 months-Kindergarten $150.00
Kindergarten 1/2 days $100.00
All day school $50.00
What town are you located in? You can PM me if you don't want to publically post.

I have a DCF that is moving south (their original home) this summer and will be looking for care.
Tags:hourly rate, rates
Reply Up