Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>dirty diapers
Unregistered 11:34 AM 03-10-2015
where do you put them? or do you take them to the trash can each time?
Rockgirl 11:53 AM 03-10-2015
I double wrap them in a grocery bag, and put them in a covered trash can right outside by back door. This gets carried to the dumpster daily. I do this with all diapers--wet or dirty.
hope 12:01 PM 03-10-2015
Diaper bag and thrown in garbage out back door. Dirty Diapers get put out further and further away each year. Hahaha.
Blackcat31 12:03 PM 03-10-2015
My one disposable wearer gets his diapers tossed in a plastic grocery sack which is put in the covered garbage can in the entryway and my two cloth diaper wearers, have wet bags and take their diapers home with them
VTMom 12:45 PM 03-10-2015
I have a Diaper Champ that I've had for over 10 years. No odor (except when emptying it) and it uses regular kitchen garbage bag as opposed to specialized bags.
Baby Beluga 01:07 PM 03-10-2015
Diapers are done in the bathroom which is right by my laundry room/garage entry. I have a disposable grocery bag hanging on a hook in my garage. When a diaper is changed, I toss it in there. I then trow the bag away during nap and at the end of the day. Keeps the diapers in the garage where no one can smell them.
AuntTami 01:09 PM 03-10-2015
Originally Posted by VTMom:
I have a Diaper Champ that I've had for over 10 years. No odor (except when emptying it) and it uses regular kitchen garbage bag as opposed to specialized bags.
I have something similar. It even has a little filter so it doesn't stink. A bag lasts about 3 days, then it goes into the big can out by the curb. No smell! I got tired of smelling them even after wrapping them in bags.
Unregistered 01:13 PM 03-10-2015
Thanks everyone!
I have a trash can outside by the patio door. I works great but during the summer it attracts flies... which is terrible being right there by the door!
jenboo 01:14 PM 03-10-2015
Thanks to licensing, diapers have to go in a trash can right next to the changing area. That trash can has to be emptied at the end of the day.
Unregistered 01:19 PM 03-10-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Thanks to licensing, diapers have to go in a trash can right next to the changing area. That trash can has to be emptied at the end of the day.
My licensing only states that the area must be located so that hand washing is possible without contacting children or surfaces... it doesn't say anything about soiled diapers or dispositing of the dirty diaper and then handwashing. It just not clear so I want to have the dirty diaper can and the sink accessible without touching anyone or anything.
Gemma 03:07 PM 03-10-2015
Originally Posted by VTMom:
That's what I do, only I have a diaper Genie
MarinaVanessa 03:13 PM 03-10-2015
I have always used a Diaper Genie, it has always worked for me. I keep it in my bathroom and dump it daily.
spinnymarie 11:49 AM 03-11-2015
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Yes. And the whole thing is in the bathroom, changing area, garbage, and sink.
Reply Up