Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Background Checks
Pammie 02:36 PM 06-12-2011
I have had background checks done in the past - and by clients who are police officers, during the interview process. However, I don't currently have a copy of a background check in my files.

A prospective client *really* wants an official background check for me.

Is it reasonable to tell them that I will gladly have one done provided that they pay for it, and pay for my personal time that it will take to submit the background check info request??

This has NEVER been an issue with a prospective client in my 25 years of daycare - and not sure how I should handle it??
e.j. 03:39 PM 06-12-2011
If your state doesn't require you to have a background check and you don't mind doing it, I would say it's reasonable to ask the parent to foot the bill.
nannyde 03:53 PM 06-12-2011
I would just tell her that the way you do criminal checks is that the parents and you swap criminal checks. You have yours done for the prospective client and the prospective clients provide them to you on themself. You need one for both parents and anyone who is authorized to drop off or pick up the child.

Once you receive copies of their checks you will have yours done.

Safety first at Pammies house.
mickey2 04:04 PM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would just tell her that the way you do criminal checks is that the parents and you swap criminal checks. You have yours done for the prospective client and the prospective clients provide them to you on themself. You need one for both parents and anyone who is authorized to drop off or pick up the child.

Once you receive copies of their checks you will have yours done.

Safety first at Pammies house.
Oh I love this! :-) YES! Thanks for this idea! I have one as I needed to get one to be manager of my son's hockey team but I love how I could use this. Thanks Nan!
Tags:background check
Reply Up