Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Is Enough Enough?
Unregistered 12:41 PM 07-27-2011
Ok so I signed out bc some of m families are on here so want this to be anon.

I have a dck that is 3 that I have been watching about a yr and a half now. We have been having issues with defiance, whining/crying, hitting me when I put they in time out, hitting friends, breaking toys and basically saying black when I say white.

Went back to review emails to mom and they go back as far as August of last year. So a year of dealing with this behavior.

When do you say enough is enough and this relationship is just not going to work?
Zoe 12:44 PM 07-27-2011
I'd say about six months ago! That is a LONG time for those same issues to be present! I had a kid like that (my first dck actually) who did all of the things you mentioned. He lasted six months in my care before I finally threw in the towel.
daycare 01:42 PM 07-27-2011
I cant recall who, but one of the fine ladies on here said when she has an issue/problem she goes to the calendar and marks a spot on it 30 days out. When she comes to that spot 30 days later and the probelm is still there, she gets rid of the problem (term)..I like this and I am going to soooo do it...
Auntie 01:47 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I cant recall who, but one of the fine ladies on here said when she has an issue/problem she goes to the calendar and marks a spot on it 30 days out. When she comes to that spot 30 days later and the probelm is still there, she gets rid of the problem (term)..I like this and I am going to soooo do it...
AWESOME idea!
cheerfuldom 01:58 PM 07-27-2011
I would have said enough after a trial period (2 to 4 weeks here) so I guess about 11 months ago. Trust me, you have done enough. Sever ties and move on for goodness sakes. You have put the other daycare kids (and maybe your own kids?) thru enough with this wild child.
Cat Herder 02:42 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Well, Thank You...
daycare 03:52 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Well, Thank You...
of course..... you are one of the wiser of the bunch and I love your ways you run you DC!! I knew it was one of you cat people.....lol just cound not recall which one.....
Unregistered 04:27 PM 07-27-2011
This dck will be moving to part-time for the next 2 months and just attending 3 hours a day twice a week and returning full time in October with a new baby brother after mom's maternity.

I spoke to mom today about the continued poor behavior so what I'm thinking is maybe give them the eight days in August to see an improvement. If things aren't better I will ask they find alternative care for both baby and older child.

Does anyone have a generic email/letter they send families if a child is on "probation" for continued behavior issues?
daycare 04:35 PM 07-27-2011
I've done he probation thing before and honestly it's just a big waste of time. If you have told mom about the behavior for over a year and it's still the same 8 days it's not gonna change.
I would say that you need more than a probation terms, you need a plan of action that both you and mom can agree on and stick to.
I think you have To decide if you want to deal with this behavior or let the kid go. Imagine what it's going to be like when the new baby arrives... Ime kids with new siblings only get worse...
cheerfuldom 04:48 PM 07-27-2011
I do probation but no child has ever changed in just one or two weeks time. Its more so the parents feel like I gave them as much opportunity as possible to try and make the situation work. At the point of a probation, I already know the kid is on the way out.
Reply Up