Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Your Weather Like?
Country Kids 10:47 AM 07-03-2012
Right now, its almost noon and we have a temp of only 57 degrees. We actually came in the house because it started to pour on us (second week in a row) and is cold. One of my little ones actually went over and put on their sweatshirt because its chilly in our house but I refuse to turn the thermostate on in July!!!!

I sooooooooooooooo wish summer would get here! Send sun-PLEASE!

I think our kids should go to school till the end of July and be out August and September when we actually have some nice weather!
Breezy 11:07 AM 07-03-2012
It's hotter than heck!! Partly cloudy. Going to storm!! Trade you though.
Fruitloops1 11:09 AM 07-03-2012
high 90's and HUUUMIDDD in Chicago!!! I cant control my curls if my life depended on it! I have a halo of fuzzy frizz....
countrymom 11:13 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
high 90's and HUUUMIDDD in Chicago!!! I cant control my curls if my life depended on it! I have a halo of fuzzy frizz....
same here too. We did have a bit of rain. We are coming down to chicago in aug. (civic holiday) because dd thinks she needs another american doll (its for her birthday)
My4SunshineGirlsNY 11:13 AM 07-03-2012
only 57?? What state are you in? Here in upstate NY it is about 83 and feels hot and humid....I know it is HOT in the southern states, I feel aweful for those still without power on the East coast in the middle of a heat wave!
AmyLeigh 11:15 AM 07-03-2012
Sunny and hot! Today's high is 95. But its been slow in coming. I worked in the shady part of the backyard this morning and was comfortable.
littlemissmuffet 11:18 AM 07-03-2012
Super hot here too in my area of Canada! 95 here with the humidex, very humid and we're on alert for a severe thunderstorm!! My curls are also frizzing up! Haha.
Sugar Magnolia 11:24 AM 07-03-2012
Blazing hot, but its always hot here.
DaycareMomma 11:25 AM 07-03-2012
Super hot. Roughly 97 degrees and over 100 with humidity... By 9 am it was too hot for the kids to go outside!
mema 11:29 AM 07-03-2012
I'm in MN. It's hot, hot, hot! It's been in the mid to upper 90's with heat indices in the 100's. I think our high on Thursday is 103 and that's without the heat index. Not use to this. I don't know the last time I've had my air on this much and it's only the beginning of July. It's really dry too. Could use some rain.
LittleCrawfishCC 11:33 AM 07-03-2012
It says 95 here in Louisiana, but it feels over 100! It's like a furnace! My poor electric bill was $160 this month. We have had a hot year. My poor kids can't even Play outside for 5 mins without drowning in sweat!
Mary Poppins 11:34 AM 07-03-2012
Sunny, warm and WINDY!!! We get crazy wind here a lot. It makes being outside meh even on nice, warm, sunny days like today.
BumbleBee 11:44 AM 07-03-2012
Here in SW Michigan it's 95 w/o the index and 102 with the index. Humid and hot.
Heidi 11:53 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
same here...we had a storm miss us from the North and the South. High's in the mid 90's and very high humidity.

Country kids...we'd be happy to take some of that rain off your hands. Our lawn is freakin' crispy, man!
Country Kids 12:00 PM 07-03-2012
We are up in the Northwest. My poor little flowers are having a hard time because they are almost getting to much water and not enough sun-. I planted two months ago and some are just now beginning to bloom because it hasn't been nice enough.

We were outside only about an hour because it was pouring, cold and windy!
snbauser 12:03 PM 07-03-2012
Hot, hot, and oh, HOT!!! It was over 100 last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Yesterday only got up to 94. Today it is 96 with the heat index over 100. Supposed to be upper 90's all week and until the middle of next week.
CrayolaKids 12:06 PM 07-03-2012
Unbearably HOT!!!! Today's high is 99*, thursday is supposed to be 102 without the heat index (insert dripping sweat smilie). To top it off, we have had absolutely NO rain in weeks. It's so dry here that all of the local firework displays have been canceled due to fire risk.
DCBlessings27 12:26 PM 07-03-2012
I would love 57 degrees right now. We've been in the 100s or close for awhile now. It's 96 currently with a high of 98 today (quite a reprieve from the 100s, don't you think? ). From tomorrow to Sun, the highs are 102 (with Friday being 103). Oh, and those temps aren't counting humidity.
SilverSabre25 12:41 PM 07-03-2012
Hot.

Humid.

Sunny.
Kiki 12:44 PM 07-03-2012
92, tomorrow is supposed to be 91, with clouds. Thursday, they are saying thunderstorms, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it really does it is bone dry here.
Kiki 12:46 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Country kids...we'd be happy to take some of that rain off your hands. Our lawn is freakin' crispy, man!

Our lawn too, doesn't matter how much we water it, it looks like somebody dumped a pan of crispy hash browns all over our lawn.
Country Kids 12:54 PM 07-03-2012
We are now at 61 degrees! I really doubt we will reach the high of 72 that was called for!
saved4always 01:00 PM 07-03-2012
We are in the low 90s and had some big thunderstorms go through here a few hours ago before I left work. I just went out to the mailbox and it was kind of sunny and really humid. I am in Ohio.
Meeko 01:08 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki:

Our lawn too, doesn't matter how much we water it, it looks like somebody dumped a pan of crispy hash browns all over our lawn.
Glad I'm not the only one!

And the smoke from the Wood Hollow, Church and Seeley fires (think it's that three!) is being funneled down Spanish Fork Canyon if the wind is in the wrong direction.... and leaving ash all over my patio and pool...grrr
Hunni Bee 01:14 PM 07-03-2012
Plans-changing hot.

Last Friday the high was 104, heat index 115. Saturday, tornadoes .

This week it has been a balmy 93-95 . We actually got to have a picnic lunch on the yard this morning.
BumbleBee 02:10 PM 07-03-2012

Yup, same here. At least I don't have to mow!

What I don't get is why we are on a burn ban, have a "very high" fire risk, yet fireworks are still allowed-big and small.
Kiki 02:25 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Glad I'm not the only one!

And the smoke from the Wood Hollow, Church and Seeley fires (think it's that three!) is being funneled down Spanish Fork Canyon if the wind is in the wrong direction.... and leaving ash all over my patio and pool...grrr
Oh man, I can't imagine that. My mom lives in the area of Ogden that they evacuated today because of the brush fire that was close to homes. And now there is a new brush fire burning in Alpine. It's crazy here!

Originally Posted by Trummynme:
What I don't get is why we are on a burn ban, have a "very high" fire risk, yet fireworks are still allowed-big and small.
We have bans in place in certain parts of my city, the closer you get to the mountain/open fields the more bans. Signs all over the place, along with a warning from the city that states you'll be the one paying for the cost of fighting a fire if you cause it. I told my kids we weren't even getting sparklers, one spark is all it would take to send my lawn into flames. (I shouldn't laugh, it's probably true.)

Country Kids-You can have our dryness, I'll take your rain and wet!
Michael 03:21 PM 07-03-2012
83 now at 3pm, humidity is 33%. Been sunny all week and cool at night.
Blackcat31 04:04 PM 07-03-2012
HOT! 100F and Humid!! (60% humidity)

......and we just now got our power back after it went out last night around 7:30 or so. There are 10,000 people without power in my area right now. Only half of them have phone lines that work.

Straight line winds in excess of 90 mph. Tress down EVERYWHERE! On houses, on roads and streets, in yards on powerlines and on cars parked along the streets.

75% of the businesses in town have no power and the rest are getting ready to close for repairs since tomorrow is the 4th.

Pretty crazy week to have off for vacation but at the same time I am super glad I am not working!
kathiemarie 04:29 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Right now, its almost noon and we have a temp of only 57 degrees. We actually came in the house because it started to pour on us (second week in a row) and is cold. One of my little ones actually went over and put on their sweatshirt because its chilly in our house but I refuse to turn the thermostate on in July!!!!

I think our kids should go to school till the end of July and be out August and September when we actually have some nice weather!

That is alway what I say too. I live at the beach. We have May gray and June gloom. July is hit and miss and then aug/sept just beautiful. Kids go back to school here as early as the 15th of Aug.
Bookworm 05:07 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:

OMG! I'm so jealous right now. It's still in the 90's and it's 8 pm. I swear the devil is on vacation here this week. But according to the Weather Channel, he should be going home by Sunday.
Neekie 10:04 PM 07-03-2012
HOTTER THAN HOT!!! High nineties to 100 degrees and humid! Can't breathe outside! It has been hot for about a month now. We have been getting lots of thunderstorms as well.
Country Kids 07:35 AM 07-16-2012
I really, really just want a summer for my kids!!! I want , lots of it!

Last week we had and it was sooooo nice! Great warm/hot temps for us. Yesterday/today we wake up to overcast grey skies with a call for rain-

In Washington state I guess a AMTRACK train can't get through due to a landslide on the rail line that was caused from them having so much rain!

I just want summer, please-
Sunchimes 07:58 AM 07-16-2012
It's currently 73º and partly cloudy. In Texas. In July. We are usually so hot by mid-July that we don't see 73º for the low. They predict 92º for the high, but it didn't make it there yesterday, and I don't expect that today.

We are getting a lot of rain. It looks like it could rain any minute, but the radar doesn't show anything yet. It's been raining every afternoon-just enough to keep things muddy and the mosquitos and fire ants healthy.
jojosmommy 08:08 AM 07-16-2012

HA! SAME HERE! We don't water so our lawn has no chance but I am glad to see other people are having the same issue.

Today it is going to be 95 with a heat index over 105. YUCK!
Nickel 08:45 AM 07-16-2012
I'm also in texas! Currently 75 and only a high of 94 today! Woohoo. I can actually go outside and not fry before getting in my car! Love it! Think this is the coolest it's been since May!
My Lil' Monkeys 08:58 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Here in SW Michigan it's 95 w/o the index and 102 with the index. Humid and hot.
Do you take your kids outside when it's this warm?
melissa ann 08:59 AM 07-16-2012
In Pa, we are having another heat wave, but it will be only today and tomorrow. The temps will be in the 90's with a heat index of at least 100. There is a heat advisory until tomorrow 7pm.

We've been such hot weather this month. Normally, we don't get this hot weather until late july-august and it doesn't last more than 2 weeks total (we would have a heat wave for a couple days, then cool off for a couple , then another heat wave, etc) It's be so hot that we can't even be outside. We did get a thunderstorm last night that gave us an 1 of rain (according to my raingauge) which we needed. We haven't mowed out lawn since july 4 and for awhile we were doing it twice a week..
Country Kids 09:02 AM 07-16-2012
We don't get heat indexes here but in the winter we get wind chill factors. I wonder why they don't give us heat ones?

Everyone is usually outside in all temps here though when its hot! I think we all do it because we get so little summer/warm weather.
melissa ann 09:12 AM 07-16-2012
We get wind chill factors in the winter too. Sometimes, I wish they would just tell us the temp of what it feels like. Maybe then the dcp would dress their kids better. Like in the winter. the temp may be in the upper 20's (not so bad) but the wind chill in the single digits. Although, with some people. that wouldn't make a difference anyway.
melskids 10:07 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
only 57?? What state are you in? Here in upstate NY it is about 83 and feels hot and humid....I know it is HOT in the southern states, I feel aweful for those still without power on the East coast in the middle of a heat wave!
It's 83 here too...must be all of upstate NY....lol
daycarediva 10:20 AM 07-16-2012
83 in central NY Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 99*. BLAH! I don't know how you all do it when it's sooooo hot down south. I have two kids I have to bribe/push to drink ANYTHING and it makes me so nervous that they will dehydrate!
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 07-16-2012
98.7F here! It has been hot hot hot!

I don't mind the heat (of course I have AC at the daycare and at home) but I don't complain much because where I live we actually get 3 FULL months of each season equally so no sense complaining about heat when in about 6 months we will have temps in the double digits below zero (NOT counting wind chill) so....like my grandmother always said....

"Never complain, for tomorrow will bring a whole new set of issues so just embrace and find the positives!"
Tags:bad weather, temperature, weather
Reply Up