Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crutches and Daycare!
Country Kids 09:35 AM 07-23-2012
Well today should be fun as I'm on crutches!!!!

Trying to get healthy isn't easy and now this! I was running Friday night, started walking for a cool down and four steps later my leg was totally hurting-

Walked it off or tried and was in so much pain when I got home we could barely get my shoe off.

Saturday, splinted it up real well and took a walk that night. Yesterday, I woke up crying as it felt like there were two bones grinding in there. Went to Urgent Care, x-rayed and came back as a bad sprain.

Wrapped up, air splint and two crutches later here I am! I'm able to lightly put weight on it with the crutches and splint but no running!

Also, I gained 4 lbs this week!!!

I cut out the pepsi, eat smaller healthier meals and gain 4 lbs. Not a happy camper at all!
cheerfuldom 10:06 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Well today should be fun as I'm on crutches!!!!

Trying to get healthy isn't easy and now this! I was running Friday night, started walking for a cool down and four steps later my leg was totally hurting-

Walked it off or tried and was in so much pain when I got home we could barely get my shoe off.

Saturday, splinted it up real well and took a walk that night. Yesterday, I woke up crying as it felt like there were two bones grinding in there. Went to Urgent Care, x-rayed and came back as a bad sprain.

Wrapped up, air splint and two crutches later here I am! I'm able to lightly put weight on it with the crutches and splint but no running!

Also, I gained 4 lbs this week!!!

I cut out the pepsi, eat smaller healthier meals and gain 4 lbs. Not a happy camper at all!
oh no!!! are you able to continue doing childcare? I know I wouldnt be able to because our playroom is downstairs plus I two non-walking children here.
Country Kids 10:08 AM 07-23-2012
I am! Would have liked to take the day off but have taken way to many sick days off. I feel pretty good today though and trying to work through it. As long as my ankle is working-moving, twisting-the pain isn't to bad. I can lightly walk on it with the aid of the crutches.
AfterSchoolMom 10:11 AM 07-23-2012
I doubt you've gained 4 pounds in one week - are you still swollen? It could be water retention.

I'm so sorry this happened to you! Hopefully you're on the mend soon, taking care of littles can't be easy on crutches.
Breezy 10:19 AM 07-23-2012
4 pounds could be water retention or muscle! You always (usually?) Gain before you lose.

Hope you heal up soon!!
mema 10:54 AM 07-23-2012
Oh no! Take it easy so it can heal fast!
youretooloud 11:06 AM 07-23-2012
Being on crutches will make you lose lots of weight. I bet you haven't really gained four pounds yet.

Get a soft backpack and keep everything you need in there. It gets easy after a day or two.

Remember the bottom of the crutch is slippery when the floor is wet...and in daycare the floor is always wet.
Country Kids 11:17 AM 07-23-2012
I've been charting my weight for 2 weeks.

Two Sundays ago: 156 lbs

Last Sunday: 154 lbs

Yesterday: 158 lbs

Thats what perplexes me on the weight. I talked to the doctor alot yesterday and she said do not look at the numbers look at what your doing. She was very proud of what I've been doing exercise wise and said keep up the good work, stay away from starches, keep eating healthy and it will pay off!

I really like her- I really like my Dr. but really enjoyed this one, and I'm very picky with doctors. Like her bedside manner and friendliness, etc.
melissa ann 11:44 AM 07-23-2012
March 2011, I sprained my leg. It was Sunday, and hubby took the kids to the playground. I decided to watch a movie and relax on the sofa. It was also fascnacht time. So I got up to get a donut to eat in peace, Wham! when I got up, my right leg hurt. I chalked it up as getting off the (low) sofa wrong. It wasn't too bad for awhile. The next day, it hurt a little but nothing bad. Well, Mon night I was in excruciating pain. I was in worse pain than labor. So at 6am, I called my dcps and told them I'm going to the hospital I hurt my leg. I get to the hospital and found out I sprained my leg. I had a hang of a time using crutches. I had the splint and pain meds which I only took at night to sleep. I took tue off because I only got home from the hospital about 11am. I called everyone to say I would be open the next day and what happened. Apparently, they didn't believe me, because when they all showed up Wed, they were like, wow, you really do have crutches! I didn't have any infants but I still had to walk my dd to the bus stop and ds to preschool.

I feel for you. How long must you wear the splint? My dr said a sprain is worse pain-wise then a break.
Reply Up