Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Relief!
Memc2001 09:19 AM 10-24-2013
Does anyone else feel a major sense of relief/accomplishment when the sanitation or state inspection is over with and things went well?

Sanitation finally arrived today, haven't been here in 13 months. This is the first of my re-licensing. "No discrepancies" Yay!
Familycare71 10:07 AM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by Memc2001:
Does anyone else feel a major sense of relief/accomplishment when the sanitation or state inspection is over with and things went well?

Sanitation finally arrived today, haven't been here in 13 months. This is the first of my re-licensing. "No discrepancies" Yay!
Absolutely!!! And to you!!
daycarediva 10:15 AM 10-24-2013
YES! It's like a black cloud left and the sun came out! Yay for you!!!
SSWonders 10:17 AM 10-24-2013
Absolutely! It's been 18 months since I was last visited and I'm on edge every single day. My licencor has made unannounced visits once a year for many years now. It's not like her to go this long. Wish she would just come and get it over with!
Laurel 10:50 AM 10-24-2013

I just had one this morning but we know what month they are coming in just not the day and that is called 'unannounced.' It is the county (never the state). We have one every 4 months and are re-licensed once a year. A re-licensing visit is the same as any other one except that we have to have the yearly paperwork then like an application to renew our license and a few other papers.

The only other inspection we have is a fire inspection and we make an appointment for that once a year.

I've never heard of a sanitation inspection. What exactly is that?

The only thing that was a surprise this morning was that she came at 9 a.m. and usually comes at about 11 a.m. I asked her why she was so early this time. I had to clear breakfast dishes so she could spread out her paperwork. She said they told her that she was always coming at about the same time and they wanted her to vary it for the 'surprise' effect. Geez, we know which month but still.....

Yep it is always a good feeling to know I won't be seeing her again for 4 months but she is really nice and fair. She was especially happy today for some reason. All went well.

Laurel
Memc2001 11:11 AM 10-24-2013
A sanitation inspection is similar to what a restaurant goes through when they are inspected but obviously focused on daycare setting. The representative is from the county health dept.

She is mostly concerned with the water temp in the bathroom and at any hand washing sink. I have to present chlorine test strips, two food thermometers and she inspects my refrigerator for cleanliness and temperature.

She tests my wash, rinse and sanitize solutions to make sure they are appropriately made. Inspects my food (everything has to be in a sealed container) and my play area to make sure it is sanitary. I have 3 dogs so she makes sure I have picked up after them as well. She would also check any shot records for my dogs to make sure they are currently rabies vaccinated.

If I am preparing a meal when she arrives or changing a diaper she makes sure I am following proper steps for all of these situations. It's a lot to remember, just like when my state licensing inspector comes to do the child care safety inspection.

I keep a pretty clean home so I am not too worried when they show, but I am a perfectionist with these things so I am always a little paranoid I missed something.
Memc2001 11:13 AM 10-24-2013
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I just had one this morning but we know what month they are coming in just not the day and that is called 'unannounced.' It is the county (never the state). We have one every 4 months and are re-licensed once a year. A re-licensing visit is the same as any other one except that we have to have the yearly paperwork then like an application to renew our license and a few other papers.

The only other inspection we have is a fire inspection and we make an appointment for that once a year.

I've never heard of a sanitation inspection. What exactly is that?

The only thing that was a surprise this morning was that she came at 9 a.m. and usually comes at about 11 a.m. I asked her why she was so early this time. I had to clear breakfast dishes so she could spread out her paperwork. She said they told her that she was always coming at about the same time and they wanted her to vary it for the 'surprise' effect. Geez, we know which month but still.....

Yep it is always a good feeling to know I won't be seeing her again for 4 months but she is really nice and fair. She was especially happy today for some reason. All went well.

Laurel
Sorry, I forgot to congratulate you on your successful morning!

I still have the Fire Marshall to come any day now and he is unannounced as well.
Familycare71 11:14 AM 10-24-2013
A sanitation inspection is similar to what a restaurant goes through when they are inspected but obviously focused on daycare setting. The representative is from the county health dept.

She is mostly concerned with the water temp in the bathroom and at any hand washing sink. I have to present chlorine test strips, two food thermometers and she inspects my refrigerator for cleanliness and temperature.

She tests my wash, rinse and sanitize solutions to make sure they are appropriately made. Inspects my food (everything has to be in a sealed container) and my play area to make sure it is sanitary. I have 3 dogs so she makes sure I have picked up after them as well. She would also check any shot records for my dogs to make sure they are currently rabies vaccinated.

If I am preparing a meal when she arrives or changing a diaper she makes sure I am following proper steps for all of these situations. It's a lot to remember, just like when my state licensing inspector comes to do the child care safety inspection.

I keep a pretty clean home so I am not too worried when they show, but I am a perfectionist with these things so I am always a little paranoid I missed something.
Wow- I don't have to do this! I get a once a year scheduled visit from my registrar and had to recently do a fire inspection- but my understanding is I don't have to do that again.
Reply Up