Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Agree With Me?
Candy 11:28 AM 11-03-2013
So I love the little boys with the long hair it is just too cute on them. But I seen one little boy I knew and he no longer had his long hair he looked like he had aged 2 years. What is it about cutting boys hair makes them less adorable then they were.
Leigh 11:55 AM 11-03-2013
I'm with you-I think little boys with long hair is adorable. I just cringe when I see little boys with buzz cuts (or grown ups, for that matter!).
KidGrind 01:41 PM 11-03-2013
My son is currently growing out his hair. For my son it definitely softens his face. When it's cut he looks so mature.

I will add buzz cut, Justin Beiber look, or mini Fabio a good looking kid transcends whatever his length of hair.
Lavender 02:03 PM 11-03-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I'm with you-I think little boys with long hair is adorable. I just cringe when I see little boys with buzz cuts (or grown ups, for that matter!).
My husband is a Marine. Our boys wanted to look like daddy.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:33 PM 11-03-2013
I am the opposite. I love little boys with short hair! Love little buzz cuts
Scout 05:24 PM 11-03-2013
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I am the opposite. I love little boys with short hair! Love little buzz cuts
me too! My sons look adorable buzzed!
Lucy 05:42 PM 11-03-2013
Can NOT stand the long hair on boys. Celine Dion's first boy had really long hair and it looked ridiculous. Blanket has long hair... ugh. I'm sure there are many more celebrity's boys with long hair.

Don't like it at all.... sorry!
Familycare71 06:55 PM 11-03-2013
I had a family that literally got their sons hair cut the day it touched his ears! Drove me crazy- he goes every three weeks to get it cut still!
BUT now I have a new dcb who needs a trim so badly and I don't think it is anywhere in his near future!
sahm1225 07:16 PM 11-03-2013
I'm the opposite too- I can't stand long hair on boys. But maybe I'm biased since my husband is bald and I like buzz cut/clean cut hair cuts.
Michelle 08:54 PM 11-03-2013
well I like short hair on boys and I like long hair on girls
and I really can't stand braided long hair on young boys and you can't tell if the child is a boy or girl
it's just my opinion and my preference
Unregistered 09:19 PM 11-03-2013
Sorry, disagree. I can't stand boys with long hair. Total pet peeve. But I also don't like Buzz cuts. Personal opinion I think they are lazy looking and give the impression the kid had lice. I like a nice style.
julie 09:24 PM 11-03-2013
One of the little boys I watched had the most adorable curls. He was two and it frizzed out like Einstein after naps. I loved his hair, and it fell in a way that it was obvious he was a boy. So I was really sad when they cut his curls off. They didn't come back either!

Every other boy has looked better with shorter hair, so far. One of the boys I had, the mother couldn't bear to cut it for the longest time. Poor kid had a mullet! We did a happy dance the day she finally cut it off! My boys have haircuts every two or so months - not buzzed, but definitely not shag hair.
AnneCordelia 01:53 AM 11-04-2013
I am NOT a fan of long hair on boys. Hockey hair, emo hair, any of those styles look shaggy and unkempt to me. Celine Dion's son is a good example.

Give me a nice clean cut boy any day and I think that look is adorable.

I have three boys of my own. My mom (a hair stylist) taught me a basic short boys clipper cut and all my boys get it once a month. I even have a dcb who's mom has me cut his hair.
LK5kids 03:05 AM 11-04-2013
I like a shaggy look or a few curls in the back.
pandamom 04:47 AM 11-04-2013
I'm on team "short hair". My husband is in the military and gets his hair cut weekly. We cut our twins' hair about once a month. Dh does a great job doing high and tights on them. My two are so active that they overheat too quickly if their hair gets too long
daycarediva 06:39 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Awww, that's too bad! My boys get the choice as to how they cut/style their hair. We have had buzz cuts, mohawks, longish hair, etc.

I think as long as the hair is kept neat looking, it doesn't matter. I have seen both long hair and short on boys that was messy looking (boys with short hair without edging around ears/neckline, for example) and long hair that's obviously not brushed/kept well.

Not neat and clean are my only pet peeves when it comes to hair.
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:55 AM 11-04-2013
I just like the kids' hair to be clean and manageable. As long as it isn't in their eyes or their food (little girls) when we eat, I don't care what style it is.

I do not like buzz cuts on baby boys, though. Over 2, and it's cute then, but not babies. Just my opinion.

I have a little guy here that had a perfect (perfect!) Elvis or Superman curl right in the middle of his forehead. I have never seen anything cuter, but since he turned 2 they buzz it all off. Now it's a silly looking swirl dead center.
littlemissmuffet 07:13 AM 11-04-2013
I completely disagree about little boys with long hair being cute... it completely and utterly turns me off. I like it when little boys have shaved heads or very short haircuts.
KDC 07:16 AM 11-04-2013
My pet peeve is when parents 'highlight' or 'permanently color' their child's hair. I think it sets a precedent that their own hair isn't good enough and it makes me Why teach young girls that so early, and shouldn't it be their choice when they're old enough to make that decision. Many of my DCP's treat their child like they're accessories, they're children and within reason we should respect their individuality (within reason of course), I do not think seeing a 3 yr. old with purple hair is cute. Just my opinion.
crazydaycarelady 07:20 AM 11-04-2013
I am in the short hair camp.

When my boys were little they had haircuts and now that they are old enough to decide themselves they get buzzed.

I had a 5yo in care with a Mohawk and an earring. Really? His parents obviously pushed those ideas.
jenn 07:31 AM 11-04-2013
I like clean, styled (brushed at least) hair. I don't care if it's long or short, boys or girls. I dislike when anyone comes in with obvious bedhead. Take a minute and at least brush through it.
tjones34 07:41 AM 11-04-2013
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that I love it!!!!

My 3 year old loves his long hair.

Attachment 2084
Attached: 1.jpg (50.4 KB) 
Kelly 08:03 AM 11-04-2013
When my brother was born, he had a lot of really long hair. The nurses in the hospital would brush it up into a little curl on top of his head like a kewpie doll. The day Mom & Dad brought him home, Dad cut my brother's hair all off because he didn't want anyone to think his son was a girl. My brother had buzz cuts his whole childhood and still wears his hair really short at age 51.
mamac 08:44 AM 11-04-2013
I personally don't like long hair on boys but I think parents should take into consideration how other people perceive their child before sticking with the long hair. I went to a playground with my son and there was a little boy there, maybe 5 or 6, and everyone kept calling him a girl. Kids, adults, everyone. He seemed really frustrated that he had to keep telling everyone he was a a boy. I couldn't tell by the clothing he was wearing which was all very gender neutral so I also referred to him as a girl when I was interacting with him and my son. He just seemed really sad and his grandparents who were with him seemed to have no clue.

Edit: I think long hair on infants is fine, but beyond 12 months I think it looks better when it's trimmed. My boys like their buzz cuts but they have let the top and sides grow out enough to have it styled. (always nicely trimmed in the back though)
Meeko 10:59 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Can NOT stand the long hair on boys. Celine Dion's first boy had really long hair and it looked ridiculous. Blanket has long hair... ugh. I'm sure there are many more celebrity's boys with long hair.

Don't like it at all.... sorry!

melilley 11:38 AM 11-04-2013
I'm with short also. But I also don't mind some of the longer styles, it just depends on how it looks on the child. I know a person who keeps her son's hair long and it looks so terrible on him and I can't stand it. I had a dcb who had longer curly hair and I loved it.
spud912 01:51 PM 11-04-2013
If it were my children, I prefer the hair to be short-ish or buzzed. I really don't care if other children have long hair as long as it is clean and maintained so it doesn't interfere with eating or activities. The only thing I ask is that parents do not become defensive if I get confused and assume their child is a girl .

To be 100% honest, though, I really do not like mohawks, "tails," permanent tattoos and piercings (other than girls with ears pierced) on children. I'm more accepting of it on children aged 16-18, but I *personally* don't think it's appropriate for younger children to have these things.....ok ducking from the flames .
se7en 02:15 PM 11-04-2013
This is going to sound funny, or maybe not, but I like little girls with shorter hair. Not buzz or anything, but a Dorothy Hamil style, maybe a bit longer. I cannot look at super long hair on women in their 50`s and up. That is just me personally. As for the boys, I am not a fan of buzz cuts or super long hair on boys. I like how boys had it in the 70`s , not too long, not too short. I like to see the kids face.
Lavender 04:21 PM 11-04-2013
This thread is going to leave me with a complex about my son's hair (a very short fade reminiscent of his dad's Marine haircut because he loves his daddy). I had no idea his hair would be hated, make people cringe, or make them think of lice.

I don't care how other people's kids wear their hair as long as it is clean. Fauxhawk, long, short, perfectly coiffed ... who cares?
Tags:long hair
Reply Up