Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really
Hunni Bee 11:19 AM 02-08-2012
A mother just called and accused me of putting her kids under a blanket to drive their temperatures up, so we could send them home. Is that even possible?

And even if it is, a blanket would have nothing to do with the light green diarrhea we changed off the youngest seconds after arrival.

But you have no answer for why we got to the third person on their emergency contact sheet before we got a human voice on the phone.

Jeez...
Heidi 11:34 AM 02-08-2012
yeah ok..... (at the mom).
SilverSabre25 11:37 AM 02-08-2012
oh good grief. THat's a new one on me. "Yes, dcm, we did the old trick of holding the thermometer up to the lightbulb and making the kid chug a gallon of hot water before putting him under an electric blanket...c'mon really?"
mickey2 11:45 AM 02-08-2012
I would be so ticked off!!

This would be the time for me to say bye bye mommy it was nice caring for your child but if you can even think I would do something as crazy as this, I can no longer provide childcare for you.
cheerfuldom 02:21 PM 02-08-2012
If I remember right, the OP works in a facility. she's doesn't have the option to term crazies
Crystal 02:24 PM 02-08-2012
A blanket will not raise the internal temperature. Unless he's under it for hours. But tell Mom you'll try it out to see if actually works some time, and thanks for the great idea next time you don't want to deal with her child
wahmof3 02:30 PM 02-08-2012
oh my gosh!!! I'm laughing that someone would actually think that let alone say it!!!!

I would probably be done with a family that accused me of something like that. Obviously she doesn't trust your judgement. That's really too bad.
melskids 02:37 PM 02-08-2012
I would've told her "naw, he wouldnt lay still long enough so I just ran it under the hot water faucet."
Hunni Bee 03:16 PM 02-08-2012
Yes I work in a center, so no terming for me.

She just kept saying "But they weren't sick yesterday!" What does that have to do with anything?

Under our regs, we have no choice but to exclude under certain symptoms and fever and diarrhea are on the list. We tell them this when they register and give them the list of excludable illnesses.
Bookworm 04:07 PM 02-08-2012
I'm in a center too and I have never heard that before. We usually get "well you guys let him/her run around all day so of course they have a fever". Seriously mom, it's only 10 am and he got here at 9. Do they really think we're that stupid?
mommacat 09:06 PM 02-10-2012
At our center we get the,"they were fine when we got home." Of course that's after they've had motrin and lain around watching tv for a couple of hours!
Kaddidle Care 05:52 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
A mother just called and accused me of putting her kids under a blanket to drive their temperatures up, so we could send them home. Is that even possible?

And even if it is, a blanket would have nothing to do with the light green diarrhea we changed off the youngest seconds after arrival.

But you have no answer for why we got to the third person on their emergency contact sheet before we got a human voice on the phone.

Jeez...
WOW!

No worries. It's the weekend and she'll have to nurse them through until Monday. They'll be better but she won't. Karma!
Reply Up