Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Know You Have To Work...
Breezy 07:37 AM 09-13-2012
....but is it too much to ask to get your child dressed in the morning and to CHANGE HIS DIAPER?! When you come to my house and say he needs a diaper change I am just going to roll my eyes to myself. You say every week that you will get him dressed in the morning and change him!! I ask you every day for an EXTRA change of clothes on top of that in case he spits up- I mean he DOES have reflux! But every day you bring one outfit. Is it because I have an older child and have clothes that your child will fit in? Well, guess what? You haven't returned the last article of clothing he wore home so that won't be happening.

And lastly, would it kill you to feed him in the morning!?!?! I have him 10.5 hours per day so you only need to bring him home and feed him dinner and put him to bed. Why can't you feed him a meal in the morning? He can't hold his own bottle so I have to change him, dress him, and feed him all within the first half hour of him being here. Believe it or not, he's not the only kid here!!
DaisyMamma 08:06 AM 09-13-2012
I hear you. I had to add all these things into my latest revision of my policies. The same mom doing this at my daycare was also never bringing her kid with shoes!!!? And it was late fall!
At least here the mom was changing him herself. But I see no reason to do it here. Do it at home lady!
cheerfuldom 08:39 AM 09-13-2012
hang in there OP....arent you the one that is moving in a month anyway?
countrymom 08:56 AM 09-13-2012
ok, you need to stop letting this lady walk all over you. Hand her a diaper and let her change him. Give her the bottle and let her feed him. I'm going to give you some advice, take it with a grain of salt, but considering all the issues you have been having and the less then good dcf's, I think you need to take a break from daycare and regroup, I really think you need it.
Breezy 09:02 AM 09-13-2012
Yes moving in a month and then a long long break from daycare! And a white Christmas!!!!!!!! Ah can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
momma2girls 09:25 AM 09-13-2012
I have this in my contract. All children must be changed, dressed and fed before coming to daycare. This also includes babies must have their first bottle at home, before coming to daycare.
Breezy 09:42 AM 09-13-2012
I have it in mine too. Evidently she didnt read it thoroughly. My fault for not enforcing it day one.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:03 AM 09-13-2012
I guess that I am the only one this really doesn't bother. I have lots of kidlets brought straight out of bed. I have one that literally poops in the car coming here every day! I know because they do get him dressed before bringing him. I do my little girls hair every day. I do like it when it is early morning and that first one is brought straight out of bed in their little fuzzy pjs and they want to snuggle and rock for a bit. ahh sweet little ones! I do change wet diapers but I usually leave them in pjs until after breakfast. Then I clean them up (thus saving an outfit). Dress them, brush their cute little teeth and do hair. Then by 9 am everyone is clean and fed and ready to go! I do have some kids that arrive ready to go. But, the ones that don't I understand.
On the other end, they have to bathe their child after a day with me and that can be a pretty grungy job some days!!! By 6 pm their hair is no longer all nice and neat, they may have remenants of lunch stains on their bellies, paint on them and maybe even some sand in their diapers if we were outside at pickup. Oh and they get the bag of dirty clothes!
I make out much better!
daycare123 10:30 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Yes moving in a month and then a long long break from daycare! And a white Christmas!!!!!!!! Ah can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe a white christmas, we didn't have snow last christmas and they are saying it's going to be a below average snow this winter as well cause we are in a drought. We can only hope though!!!
Breezy 10:41 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by daycare123:
Maybe a white christmas, we didn't have snow last christmas and they are saying it's going to be a below average snow this winter as well cause we are in a drought. We can only hope though!!!
That wouldn't be so bad either I guess. That way I can ease into winter time since living in arizona for the last almost 4 years has messed with my cold tolerance. 65 degrees here is freezing for me whereas when I lived in Minnesota, it was time to crack put the flip flops and capris at that temp!
My3cents 11:14 AM 09-13-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I have it in mine too. Evidently she didnt read it thoroughly. My fault for not enforcing it day one.
This bugs me.....

ok you didn't enforce it day one, but why can't you now?

Just pull it out and highlight it for her and explain nicely how it is going to be from now on. Follow the rules! Explain to her it has been bothering you so you want to bring it to her attention.

This is good practice for you esp seeing how your going to be done soon.

Just because we over look something and try to think the best in people doesn't mean that we can't pull the ropes and say whooooooa lets stop this when it starts to build up our resentments. I hate it when parents put me in the position to have to speak up to what they already know- its embarrassing on my part. I am learning to turn things around and put it back on the responsible party. It is not easy and it does not come easy to me.......but why bother having rules at all if I am just going to bend them for everything that doesn't fit their needs. I have needs too and they are not unreasonable.
momofthree211614 06:42 AM 09-14-2012
Whenever I have one parent who seems to 'violate' a policy often I send a reminder notice to everyone. and title it, just a friendly policy reminder.

As for the PJ's I personally don't mind, but I do insist they have a poop free diaper. upon entering.
cheerfuldom 06:51 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I guess that I am the only one this really doesn't bother. I have lots of kidlets brought straight out of bed. I have one that literally poops in the car coming here every day! I know because they do get him dressed before bringing him. I do my little girls hair every day. I do like it when it is early morning and that first one is brought straight out of bed in their little fuzzy pjs and they want to snuggle and rock for a bit. ahh sweet little ones! I do change wet diapers but I usually leave them in pjs until after breakfast. Then I clean them up (thus saving an outfit). Dress them, brush their cute little teeth and do hair. Then by 9 am everyone is clean and fed and ready to go! I do have some kids that arrive ready to go. But, the ones that don't I understand.
On the other end, they have to bathe their child after a day with me and that can be a pretty grungy job some days!!! By 6 pm their hair is no longer all nice and neat, they may have remenants of lunch stains on their bellies, paint on them and maybe even some sand in their diapers if we were outside at pickup. Oh and they get the bag of dirty clothes!
I make out much better!

I am curious....do you have your own young kids at home? I have 3 kids under 5 with another on the way. Between getting my own kids ready for the day, I really dont have a lot of time or patience of doing the whole deal with five other kids. My daycare kids come pottied/change and dressed for the day. Some do have breakfast here but that is about it. Even the 6 month old doesnt come in jammies. I also think that parents miss out on that time to connect with their child in the morning if they just grab them straight from bed to daycare.
Reply Up