Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Kind Of Crib Do You Use?
Familycare71 05:41 AM 10-08-2013
I currently have the traditional porta cribs. They work but I am now using the play room as a nap room too- so it is annoying to take the porta cribs up and down twice a day- realistically it doesn't take a long time but its annoying! . I have to take the sheets off wrap up the mattress, fold up the crib and store...
Does anyone have the foldable cribs? Is it easier?? Worth the $100-150 I would spend??
Thanks!
Cradle2crayons 07:07 AM 10-08-2013
I use pack and plays. They fold up but I don't have to do that every day. I have one in my bonus room, one in my master bedroom, and one in my daycare room. I leave all three up all the time.

E only thing I fold up every day is the 3 mats and linens.
Cat Herder 07:16 AM 10-08-2013
My State is phasing out PNPs in favor of safety/escape cribs. It is only a matter of time before it will be across the boards, IMHO.

I'd be nervous to spend more money replacing porta-cribs for something inspectors will be actively "discouraging".

I replaced all of my PNP's this summer and ugraded to these, much to my inspectors delight , but I can't take them down everyday. I leave them in a dedicated infant area: I believe that may even be part of the States goal???
Attached: portacrib.jpg (22.2 KB) 
Familycare71 07:29 AM 10-08-2013
You think they will even begin trying to phase out the foldable cribs?
Ugh!
I have extra bedrooms but if I have kids nap in a room it has to be 100% child safe (even for a baby that has no way of getting out of a crib). I'm not willing to make my kids do that (my bedroom is on a diff floor so not an option).

This is what I'm thinking of:
Attached: image.jpg (19.1 KB) 
Familycare71 07:30 AM 10-08-2013
I guess what I really need is a new house!!
Cat Herder 07:45 AM 10-08-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
You think they will even begin trying to phase out the foldable cribs?
Well, my inspector mentioned people having their equipment "unavailable" at inspection visits SEVERAL times.

When I asked for clarification, she explained that when she'd walk in she would see infants on the floor "having belly time", obviously quickly woken from sleeping in a carseat/swing/bouncer/couch, etc. and readied for her (the inspector) walking in (red marks on back of head from contact with plastic seat, strap lines, indented couch fabric pattern down arms, YKWIM).

When she'd ask to inspect the cribs/PNP's the providers would tell her they had just broke them down and stored them for the day, sometimes at 10am. She said it was becoming "too common" for her comfort and a regional trend that is being noted often in their training.
Familycare71 08:14 AM 10-08-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Well, my inspector mentioned people having their equipment "unavailable" at inspection visits SEVERAL times.

When I asked for clarification, she explained that when she'd walk in she would see infants on the floor "having belly time", obviously quickly woken from sleeping in a carseat/swing/bouncer/couch, etc. and readied for her (the inspector) walking in (red marks on back of head from contact with plastic seat, strap lines, indented couch fabric pattern down arms, YKWIM).

When she'd ask to inspect the cribs/PNP's the providers would tell her they had just broke them down and stored them for the day, sometimes at 10am. She said it was becoming "too common" for her comfort and a regional trend that is being noted often in their training.

Tricky tricky people!
I actually just figured up my set up so I can keep two cribs (at this moment porta cribs) set up- it isn't a big deal really but for some reason I don't like taking them up and down- and if I have to switch to standard design I would buy ones that matched the size of the porta crib
So yay! I don't have to take them up and down!
Memc2001 09:14 AM 10-08-2013
(I am a licensed daycare home) When the new laws about drop-side cribs came down I went to Wal-Mart and purchased 2 of the $99 cribs. They are a little bigger than I like but the room doesn't get used for much else so no worries. Pack n Plays are also discouraged here so I just decided to switch everything out so there are no worries come inspection.
Reply Up