Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Doing the Friday Happy Dance everyone??
Josiegirl 03:04 AM 03-13-2015
I AM

Yesterday while we were outside I had this fleeting happy feeling that I could sleep in this morning and not get up, ya know that feeling of knowing your home won't be invaded, your playroom will stay clean, you won't have millions of extra dishes to do, no kids yelling and fighting,(Ok maybe it's just my daycare that sounds like that Lol)you have the house to yourself,....then I came back to my senses and thought Oh wait, it's only Thursday.

Happy Friday everyone!!! And ssshhhh....it's the 13th.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 03:34 AM 03-13-2015
YES! This has been a long week. Daylight savings time. Cooking for a dinner. Centerpieces for a Boy Scout district dinner. District dinner last night... Plus kidlets .. who were off because of DST..
Today I have my one little girl (1 1/2 yo). I am taking my car over to get spark plugs (Had everything else done last week but they didn't have the spark plugs in) I need to throw some stuff in a bag for dh - ds has a competition this weekend. This evening dd and I are watching a movie and doing nothing! She has been teaching 1st grade all week so we are both ready for tonight!

Have a great weekend!
AuntTami 03:54 AM 03-13-2015
So so so so ready for it to be the weekend. Daylight savings time has screwed me up so bad. I've been absolutely exhausted this week because I'm not getting to bed til after 10 and up at 5. That's not enough sleep for me lol. I need lots of sleep. I'm usually in bed by 8 or 9 at the latest lol
Unregistered 04:14 AM 03-13-2015
YES x 100!! First week back after a medical emergency, first week for dcb12 months and two of my littles have bad colds. It's been a long one here. Tonight dd is going for a sleepover and I'm going Easter shopping, kid free grocery shopping and then I get to sleep in tomorrow!!! Ahhhhhh!!!
laundrymom 05:19 AM 03-13-2015
Me too!!!!!
Today is the last day for the one I termed.
It's been a long two weeks.
Her mom actually told me last friday was her last day but then texted me sunday saying new care backed out.
I'm am completely expecting the same text this time
She has already posted on fb sites this morning that she is looking for care.
but ... Sorry, term period that you paid for is OVER!
I'm done.
Gemma 05:21 AM 03-13-2015
Me too!!

I'm always so energized on Fridays, I'm sure it's the knowing that I'm off the next day!
Kabob 05:24 AM 03-13-2015
Yep...today is a short day for me for once and thank goodness...it's been a short but difficult week.
AuntTami 05:24 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
Me too!!

I'm always so energized on Fridays, I'm sure it's the knowing that I'm off the next day!
I wish I was energized today. I bought a 5 hour energy shot to get me through the rest of the day..... Trying to hold off on taking it as long as I xan lol
Gemma 06:02 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
I wish I was energized today. I bought a 5 hour energy shot to get me through the rest of the day..... Trying to hold off on taking it as long as I xan lol
I've been tempted to try that, there are days I could really use a boost, but then I fear the side effects it might have on me, so I chicken out!
AuntTami 06:34 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
I've been tempted to try that, there are days I could really use a boost, but then I fear the side effects it might have on me, so I chicken out!
I don't have any issues with the regular ones. The extra strength I get jittery from if I haven't eaten lately when I drink it. They taste like poo though so you really do have to take them as "shots" or you'll never get the second or third swallow down haha. They don't really make me crazy energized or anything, they just make whatever I have to do, suck less haha.

I'm pretty sensitive to stuff like this, sleeping meds make me sleep for DAYS! And no doz makes me so sick and nauseous that I'd rather die than come down from no doz!
hope 07:08 AM 03-13-2015
So excited for Fridays! Every Friday night our family has family movie night. We order out (ya for not having to cook for the 483rd time) and we all snuggle up under lots of blankets and pillows to watch a movie. A relaxing way to end the week.
And each Friday I feel is one step closer till summer where I only have one very PT dck.
AmyLeigh 07:20 AM 03-13-2015

Yep, rough week for me too, but I can't pin down exactly why. I've just been more tired than usual. It's probably daylight savings that has me all screwed up. Too bad I have a pretty busy weekend planned. I just need some rest!
Crazy8 08:07 AM 03-13-2015
I've had the Mon-Thurs work week going on for the last few months so I absolutely LOVE my Fridays!!!!!! Of course last friday was a snow day and today my son is home sick but its still better than a house full of daycare kids!!!
finsup 08:25 AM 03-13-2015
This has been such a tiring day already, I don't even have the energy to look forward to the weekend. All I can think is this day is never going to end lol. Being 7 weeks pregnant doesn't help first trimester is pretty much kicking my butt.
Gemma 09:19 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
They taste like poo though so you really do have to take them as "shots" or you'll never get the second or third swallow down haha. They don't really make me crazy energized or anything, they just make whatever I have to do, suck less haha.
!
Say no more, I'm soddenly no longer interested!
Gemma 09:20 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by finsup:
This has been such a tiring day already, I don't even have the energy to look forward to the weekend. All I can think is this day is never going to end lol. Being 7 weeks pregnant doesn't help first trimester is pretty much kicking my butt.
aww
mommiebookworm 09:45 AM 03-13-2015
Yes! Happy Friday! Even If it is the 13th! I'm off today for my kids appointments, buy I really needed a day off!
Baby Beluga 09:54 AM 03-13-2015
SO happy Friday is here! I am also short two kids so it is even a light Friday - YAY!
Josiegirl 10:01 AM 03-13-2015
4 more hours and counting
OMG thinking we'd have lots of fun outside, giving us a break this a.m., who'd've thunk all they'd do is fight fight fight.
But they're all sleeping at the moment. breathe in breathe out
AuntTami 10:38 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
4 more hours and counting
OMG thinking we'd have lots of fun outside, giving us a break this a.m., who'd've thunk all they'd do is fight fight fight.
But they're all sleeping at the moment. breathe in breathe out
We went for a walk with my new sit to stand stroller.... 2 in the stroller and one walking with a walking strap and new rain boots. He kept falling every 5 steps! He's almost 2 and is my best walker bare foot or with shoes, but those darn rain boots must be too big because he kept tripping. I ended up putting him in the stroller and heading home lol

Gemma--- they have a very vitamin-y taste that they've tried to mask the taste of with some type of sweetener and then they add a fruit flavor to it..... Berry, grape, and cherry are the only ones I can stomach. I threw up in the parking lot one day after buying a pomegranate one! Never again!
Reply Up