Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feel I'm Phasing Out
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 03:35 AM 05-05-2015
I feel like my daycare is phasing out just as I am all for continuing it for years to come. I have two siblings that are leaving in June because mom is a teacher and Inrefused to allow them to use my address for her son to go to preschool with my daughter. Which my daughter tested 7 weeks ago and still hasn't been accepted because it is on an as needed basis first then they fill in with higher and higher scores until each classroom is full. So she still has a chance to get a spot.
So anyway..... The two siblings are leaving that leaves me with just my 2-year old nephew and my 2-year old DCB with my dd who is 4. I did get a text message yesterday afternoon from a mom with 2 girls ages 4 and 2. Her daughter got accepted to the same preschool my daughter would go to. I told mom that if my daughter got an acceptance letter soon then I would take both girls. She didn't want to split them up entirely.

Wonder if this is a sign that my daycare really isn't suppose to phase out. I really don't want it to. I've been advertising my two full time openings for about 9 months and nothing. We have tons and tons of SAHM that advertise 80$ a week full time which is crap in this area. I've advertised for 16 months to 3 years so I might have to adjust the age group thing to be infants.
My friend tells me all the time job security in infants.
Kabob 05:22 AM 05-05-2015
Around here, if you want more children instantly, all you have to do is advertise an open infant spot. You'd have your pick of the litter.

But I see where you're coming from. It seems hit or miss with finding older children sometimes and that makes things tough.

Hopefully things work out for you and your daughter soon.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 06:03 AM 05-05-2015
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Around here, if you want more children instantly, all you have to do is advertise an open infant spot. You'd have your pick of the litter.

But I see where you're coming from. It seems hit or miss with finding older children sometimes and that makes things tough.

Hopefully things work out for you and your daughter soon.
I have been burned with infants an not sure I want to go down that tragic road again. I held a spot for a girl July to start in November and then she text me a day before he started that she was going to stay home. Come to find out she didn't realize how many friends I had at the office she worked for (medical) well she lied and told them that I was charging like 300$ a week for her son an had no choice but to leave work.
Then I had held a spot for my cousin infant son from July to February and then her sister got fired from her job so she was gonna watch her son. Well two months later she messaged me an asked me again. I told her yes but she needed to understand that business is first and that I won't give her any special treatment. She immediately went on to find someone else who has never done daycare before because she was cheaper and didn't have a contract.
I have previous infant that mom blamed me for everything an it drove me nuts. She questioned me on why I changed her so often. Then I wasn't changing her often enough an caused her a diaper rash when in reality she had runny poop from switching breastfeeding to formula and her tummy wasn't tolerating the formula.
Then before that a few years ago i had a crazy mom that would drop off at 8am an stay till 8:40. Everyday she came for lunch. Her daughter would cry an wake up everyone else it was awful.
So now I'm iffy on the infant thing. I love babies and provided parents aren't crazy, but now days they depend on these baby books who are written by people with Dr in front of their names but these books are just opinions put on paper for them to make money. So if it isn't new age bull crap written in the book they don't believe in it or "trust" it.
Unregistered 09:02 PM 05-05-2015
Holey moley! $80 a week? I charged $60 a week 20 years ago and was in a small rural area.

Would you consider one year and up? That might help. Do those SAHM who charge so little burn out and have high turnover? I can't imagine charging so little in this day and age!
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 04:33 AM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Holey moley! $80 a week? I charged $60 a week 20 years ago and was in a small rural area.

Would you consider one year and up? That might help. Do those SAHM who charge so little burn out and have high turnover? I can't imagine charging so little in this day and age!
We have hundreds of post an hour on Craigslist usually from the same people over an over again. I have considered taking 10 months an up. I figured by 10 months most can sit up and start to pull up on things to get around.
Reply Up