Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Large License California- Fire Safety Clearance
dan18ny 09:47 AM 11-18-2016
Hi Guys,

So my wife wants to apply for the large license here in California but I feel like this time around things aren't very clear as when we applied for the small license. For one I don't know how or when to go about getting Fire Safety Clearance. We called our local Daycare office and they said we had to do that on our own but when I searched this subject in this forum, I read that you first apply and THEY make an appointment for you. I am completely lost here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
daycare 11:40 AM 11-18-2016
Originally Posted by dan18ny:
Hi Guys,

So my wife wants to apply for the large license here in California but I feel like this time around things aren't very clear as when we applied for the small license. For one I don't know how or when to go about getting Fire Safety Clearance. We called our local Daycare office and they said we had to do that on our own but when I searched this subject in this forum, I read that you first apply and THEY make an appointment for you. I am completely lost here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Contact your local fire Marshall, licensing has nothing to do with fire clearance.
The agencies don't talk to each other they could care less about what the rules are for each agencie, they will only expect you to follow their guidelines as stated. So example fire won't answer licensing questions and vice verse.

I'm in CA large license. I have found that each county differs so call and check with your county or city whoever runs the fire dept
organicdclady 01:19 PM 11-18-2016
I am in LA County and received my large license at the beginning of the year. The first place to start, like daycare said, is to call the fire marshal and licensing to ask protocol of each.
In Los Angeles county you send in your application, the emergency disaster plan, and indoor/outdoor floor plans along with lic 9054. Licensing then sends your application to the fire marshal. The best thing to do is call every few days to see if it was sent then you can call your fire marshal directly to set up the appointment. Don't wait for anyone or you'll be wondering what is happening 6 months from now.
I have the code information for LA county, let me know if this would be useful to you.
dan18ny 02:50 PM 11-18-2016
Thanks guys! Besides the fire clearance, is it pretty much the same routine as applying for the small license or are there other things to worry about?
daycare 04:26 PM 11-18-2016
About the same as applying for small except now you have to prove how you will stay within ratios for licensing and have all proper paper work filled out by parents of your intent to care for 14 kids. I forget which form it is.

As for fire, you need to find out your fire marshals expectations. Like I have to have emergency egress doors and windows. My doors must remain unlocked at all times during my business hours. I also have to have Gates the children can open.

However. I know this is. Or he same across the state of ca. So check with your fire Marshall
Reply Up