Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another vacation question- are you taking the Friday before Christmas Eve off?
LittleScholars 07:27 AM 05-08-2017
My handbook, contract, and updated calendar is going out this week (I renew when families change contracts, and all but one has drastically shifted).

My policy (that I've never enforced) is if a holiday falls on a weekend I take the Friday before or Monday after off. Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday. I'm closed the following day for Christmas. Is anyone closing that Friday? I'd like to, but I'm also sympathetic to the fact that most of my families are teachers and I remember how hard it was to get days before holidays off due to blackout days. I could also use a personal day and close longer the week of Christmas.
Blackcat31 07:41 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
My handbook, contract, and updated calendar is going out this week (I renew when families change contracts, and all but one has drastically shifted).

My policy (that I've never enforced) is if a holiday falls on a weekend I take the Friday before or Monday after off. Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday. I'm closed the following day for Christmas. Is anyone closing that Friday? I'd like to, but I'm also sympathetic to the fact that most of my families are teachers and I remember how hard it was to get days before holidays off due to blackout days. I could also use a personal day and close longer the week of Christmas.
I never worry about families finding back up care during the Christmas holiday. There is no school so teenage baby sitters are abundant and my teacher families aren't "working" so they don't need care during that time either.
NeedaVaca 08:01 AM 05-08-2017
If a holiday falls on a weekend I observe it during the week as well but leave it open as to what day I will use. This year I am observing Christmas eve on Tuesday. It just makes more sense for me to do it that way this year and I also think easier on my families-I like to take 2 weeks off anyway so it's just easier to do it this way.
LittleScholars 08:15 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I never worry about families finding back up care during the Christmas holiday. There is no school so teenage baby sitters are abundant and my teacher families aren't "working" so they don't need care during that time either.
Last year I was worried about taking any time off, and realized this is the case. This year, it doesn't look like schools are closing that Friday before, so I wondered if that would be difficult. I need to recognize they will figure it out either way though!
LittleScholars 08:16 AM 05-08-2017
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
If a holiday falls on a weekend I observe it during the week as well but leave it open as to what day I will use. This year I am observing Christmas eve on Tuesday. It just makes more sense for me to do it that way this year and I also think easier on my families-I like to take 2 weeks off anyway so it's just easier to do it this way.
I like this!
childcaremom 09:04 AM 05-08-2017
I am closed with pay on Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day. I would be closed on Friday for Christmas Eve.
Leigh 10:23 AM 05-08-2017
I will be taking Friday, Monday and Tuesday off this year. Sometimes, I'll take the entire week of Christmas, sometimes, I just take what I need. I do what works for me.
CityGarden 05:16 PM 05-08-2017
I take two weeks off at Christmas / New Year.... I have it scheduled at the same time as my dd.

This upcoming Christmas my dd (10) school is 12/20 half day then the 12/21 - 1/5 on vacation. I will likely take 12/22 - 1/5 on break.
Tags:christmas break
Reply Up