Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Parents not paying on time
mac60 02:45 AM 06-08-2008
I am just wondering, why some parents think they don't have to pay us on time. Daycare payment should be at the top of their list of things to pay, it is their child that is the focus here. I have one family that has paid late 3 out of the last 4 weeks. They say they will be here to pay, show up 2 to 3 days later. How would they like it if their employer bypassed them on payday. I get so frustrated with parents that abuse us providers. This is our job, our income, just like when they go to work and collect their checks faithfully every week. I think some parents think we do this for fun because we don't have anything else to do. Hmm, I put in in excess of 10 1/2 hour days, clean, prepare curriculums, cook, and that isn't counted in the 10 1/2 hours. If it was, I would probably be making about .75 an hour.

To all you dc parents out there who pay on time and respect your dc provider. THANK YOU. Unfortunately it is the "bad ones" that have caused us to go with contracts, handbooks, etc.
Michael 10:12 AM 06-10-2008
This is a hot topic and there is another thread on our forum you may be interested in reading : https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=547
Unregistered 07:20 PM 07-22-2008
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HEAR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's what I do now-it works-prepayment Monday morning-no pay no stay! :-) Sounds harsh-but what's harsh is "no pay on Fridays" and how can a provider BUY food to feed your child the next week, pay for the a/c, heat, lights for the next week-LIST goes on- :-) I agree with you 1000% over and over-PARENTS WAKE UP-and those who do pay on time-YES deserve a great big HUG!
Reply Up