Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Something Strange And Unusual Has Happened Here In California
Michelle 08:31 AM 12-12-2011
It's raining!

KBCsMommy 08:46 AM 12-12-2011
OMG!!! Watch out for the CRAZIES!!!!
sharlan 08:51 AM 12-12-2011
We've only had a few sprinkles. I was able to walk the older kids to school.
Breezy 08:57 AM 12-12-2011
Here too!!!
Michelle 09:07 AM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy:
OMG!!! Watch out for the CRAZIES!!!!
Yep, people here do not know how to drive in the rain!
MamaBear 09:09 AM 12-12-2011
It's raining here in Southern California! So crazy! I have to walk my son to school in a couple hours and praying it stops raining for my walk at a least. They are all protected in the daycare wagon, but not me! wahhhh
MarinaVanessa 09:13 AM 12-12-2011
Yep, we need the rain but my DC kids are bummed because they know it's indoor play only unless the rain stops . What a great day to write our letters to Santa though. And they know that they get hot chocolate on rainy days so they aren't that upset
BigMama 09:28 AM 12-12-2011
This made me laugh as rain is practically a daily occurrence here!
kathiemarie 11:21 AM 12-12-2011
Mine went out and played in the rain this morning. We don't get it a lot so I thought they would have fun. Now they are playing mermaid babies on a blue blanket that is the water. Oh to be 3.
melissa ann 11:44 AM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by BigMama:
I know. Me too. This year, we already had more than 6 feet of precipation and that was before last week's rain
We've had more rainny days than sunny days I believe. At least, it feels that way: )
Christian Mother 11:46 AM 12-12-2011
We never get rain...ever....so everyone here is really excited about it...and it's been raining all day...my "littles" are sleeping sooo good!! I love these type of days!!
Michelle 12:35 PM 12-12-2011
I actually had a little ask me.."what is that?"
I had to laugh and say, "that's called rain!"
Michelle 12:40 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Yep, we need the rain but my DC kids are bummed because they know it's indoor play only unless the rain stops . What a great day to write our letters to Santa though. And they know that they get hot chocolate on rainy days so they aren't that upset
We are making gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies ( I can't understand why they are so hyper today) and homemade ornaments... and when the SA er's get home, they will do their homework and play Just Dance 3 on the wii. and do ornaments too.

I am sooo blessed to have my dh here full time to pick up my older kids.
KBCsMommy 01:10 PM 12-12-2011
And how many of you ladies are still wearing flip flops?!!!

Its a California thang!!!!!!!!
sharlan 01:25 PM 12-12-2011
I'm currently bare-foot, but will put on flip-flops when I go to pick up my SA.
Michelle 01:38 PM 12-12-2011
I am always cold..
I'm wearing tennis shoes, hoodie, and long pants..tonight when the kids go home, I am lighting the fireplace and making cookies with my dd.
I love using rain as an excuse to bake.
Michelle 01:44 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by BigMama:
I could not handle that!
We are way too spoiled here but we have very high property tax/rent/col to go along with that sunshine, so...
AmyLeigh 02:32 PM 12-12-2011
Hey, where's my rain????? My lettuces need to be watered!
Michelle 02:40 PM 12-12-2011
It has been raining all day long I'm in the Long Beach area
I will send it to you now
sharlan 02:51 PM 12-12-2011
We've had light sprinkles all day, not much real rain. I'm getting ready to walk over to the school to pick up my SA in a few. Hope it doesn't decide to rain now.
Michelle 03:17 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
We've had light sprinkles all day, not much real rain. I'm getting ready to walk over to the school to pick up my SA in a few. Hope it doesn't decide to rain now.
you know that is Murphy's law

sharlan 03:20 PM 12-12-2011
My therm says 48*, but I'm sure that's -48*.
Sugar Magnolia 03:54 PM 12-12-2011

Its also a FLORIDA thing! 80 here today. Lol! Except we get massive rain all the time. I have a dcb who moved here from Arizona. He too was baffled by the rain. Especially the downpours.
frgsonmysox 08:48 AM 12-13-2011
I love rain, I could never live anywhere without it.

My family lives in Northern California and it rains a lot there. Always confuses me for a second when I hear about Southern California. Totally not the same climate!

I worry about snow when I open my daycare. It habitually gets to -28 or colder here, especially with windchill. We only have a few usable months to go outside.
MarinaVanessa 09:02 AM 12-13-2011

Yep, I still wore mine . I guess it IS a California thing
Country Kids 09:39 AM 12-13-2011
I live where it rains alot sometimes. I had a little boy that would cry at the sliding door because we couldn't go outside sometimes because it was raining to hard. Then I finally realized he wasn't use to hearing he couldn't play outside-He was from Southern California.
AmyLeigh 09:44 AM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
It has been raining all day long I'm in the Long Beach area
I will send it to you now
It went east instead of north!
Breezy 09:49 AM 12-13-2011
Its raining again here today! Dogs have to be in the house because its so wet out. We will see how long it takes for them to drive me nuts.
sharlan 10:08 AM 12-13-2011
No rain today, just a beautiful clear blue sky. We really didn't get much rain at all yesterday.
Tags:california, funny, rain
Reply Up