Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When do you give enrollment paperwork?
Thriftylady 12:47 PM 08-10-2014
The paperwork is of course a big cost. So when you do an interview when do you give the paperwork? When the parents are not sure yet what they want to do, it seems like a waste of my time and money to hand over my stack of paperwork. Do you do it and just eat the cost or do you have them contact you when they have made a decision?
SignMeUp 01:13 PM 08-10-2014
I think some providers have parents print the forms themselves, from the provider's website.
At my first interview, we go over the policies and paperwork. Then I give my brochure, but no enrollment paperwork or policy book.
I have a separate enrollment meeting, when I provide the forms, and all paperwork is completed.
Thriftylady 01:38 PM 08-10-2014
I like putting it on the website. I haven't created mine yet though, I need to get on that!
spinnymarie 06:38 PM 08-10-2014
Originally Posted by SignMeUp:
I think some providers have parents print the forms themselves, from the provider's website.
At my first interview, we go over the policies and paperwork. Then I give my brochure, but no enrollment paperwork or policy book.
I have a separate enrollment meeting, when I provide the forms, and all paperwork is completed.
Same, with a separate enrollment mtg after we've all decided it's a go.
coolconfidentme 04:55 AM 08-11-2014
I give them the option of a $20 document fee or emailing them to the parent. Some really don't want to print it & pay the fee.
CraftyMom 05:48 AM 08-11-2014
I give them the enrollment papers when they are interested and ask. By the end of the interview they will often ask about enrollment papers, I tell them I can mail it to them or they can come back for it if they end up enrolling (good fit, I choose them, they choose me, etc). Sometimes I give it to them right when they ask if I get a good vibe and they are interested.

But I don't offer it up right away since it is costly. Only when I know they want it and I get a good vibe. kwim?
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I like putting it on the website. I haven't created mine yet though, I need to get on that!
I have mine on my website too but I also have no issues e-mailing the enrollment file to parents.

During the interview, I go over everything. page by page.

When it comes time to enroll, I will send the parent an e-mail with the enrollment info for them to print.

Saves me tons in printing costs and is very minimal for each family since they are only printing what they need. Most my parents leave my handbook on their PCs for future reference.
Kimskiddos 07:48 AM 08-11-2014
I have a 2 page flyer that I give out at all interviews. We go over my handbook and contract at that time. I do not give out my enrollment packet until the $50 enrollment fee has been paid.

I also have the entire enrollment packet on my website.
Shell 08:15 AM 08-11-2014
I've always given all the info during the interview, but might change that after reading all the great ideas on here.
Cat Herder 09:09 AM 08-11-2014
I have them sign the contract here (with first week payment cash only) and send them out with their handbook and kids info pack to return on first day.

Easy.

Handbook, calendar and FAQ's are available on our FB page as well.
AmyKidsCo 06:02 PM 08-11-2014
At interview I give them my credentials & references, our daily schedule, the rate sheet, and an enrollment application. When they enroll I send them to my website where I have all the forms for them to download & print. I also email them my Handbook rather than print it myself.
Tags:enrollment forms
Reply Up