Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Ones That Don't Listen *sigh*
Denali 12:31 PM 11-23-2016
DCP's. Always one... I reminded everyone last week and handed out a reminder of my upcoming closures a month ago.

So kinda still new DCM (started in September, one I've posted about before, the one I know would be a pain, ready to term when I know longer feel like dealing with her amusing but sometimes irritating 'tood', December should be their last month anyway) told me this morning:

"I'm off work tomorrow and Friday, so DCG(5yr) won't be here those days this week." Matter of factly, like she was doing me a favor.

🙄

So I responded with, "Oh good! Because I'm closed tomorrow and Friday for thanksgiving!" 😁

Not really surprised that she would be confused. I have reminders posted EVERYWHERE!!! I've verbally reminded everyone Monday. I guess I should have done more. You know, since she thought I was open tomorrow and Friday still. (Sarcasm, heavy sarcasm)

Anyone else have one of those people that only hears what they want and see what they want? Until they smack their face into the brick wall of NO?

Anyway, had to vent some. I'm very glad tomorrow is thanksgiving and I have Friday off!!! And then 2 weeks until my 2-week vacation!!!

Side note: she has not given me official notice for leaving. She's still working things out with family. I've given her the form to fill out for notice and explained my policy for it. Though I'm sure she didn't listen to a word I said.
I highly suspect that i just won't see them again after the 9th (I'm on vacation after that). Which is fine, she's one of those people that it's better for her to think it's her idea to leave then for me to term. Though I'll term without a thought if she breaks any of my policies.

Thank you for letting me vet! Happy thanksgiving everyone! Hope beryone has a great day tomorrow! 🦃🦃🦃🦃
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 11-23-2016
I think we all have "that one".

That one that makes us re-think what we're doing..

That one that makes us wonder WHY we're doing what we're doing....

That one that makes me seriously concerned that all her children may not make it safely into adulthood.....

That one that makes question WHAT I am doing...

That one that makes all the other parents look golden...

That one that give's my eyeballs a pretty good work out....

That one that is just "THAT ONE" (no other words suffice here)

Here's hoping she starts to get it or just gets gone.

Either way, it shouldn't be YOUR problem if she reads information given to her or not.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!
AmyKidsCo 01:02 PM 11-23-2016
Here it's my daughter and son who never know when I'm closed. They don't read my newsletter.

I write CLOSED on the sign-in sheet on the days I'm closed. Most parents see that.
Blackcat31 01:05 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Here it's my daughter and son who never know when I'm closed. They don't read my newsletter.

I write CLOSED on the sign-in sheet on the days I'm closed. Most parents see that.
WHAT?!?! Mom's house closes??
AmyKidsCo 01:08 PM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
WHAT?!?! Mom's house closes??
Sometimes. Half the time I end up with one of the grandkids here anyway, but at least if I'm closed the licensing rules don't apply - it's "grandma time."
Reply Up