Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>7 Month Old Part Timer..Help!!
MichellesKiddos 09:30 AM 06-23-2011
Ok, so I've had this DCG since she was 4 m.o and she has been pt since she started. DCM told me that her schedule would increase and DCG would be here more often than 1 day/week. It is now almost July and for the month of June she attended a total of 8 days(the first two weeks she came 3 days/week, and last two weeks it has only been once/week) The problem is that this baby is very fussy and WILL NOT go down for a nap. I do the CIO with her, but it is sooo hard to listen to her cry at EVERY nap time for at least 30-45 minutes..if not more. When she was coming for 3 days/week..by the end of the week she went down for a nap just fine with the other dck's. By the next week though, it is right back to the way it was. So when DCM dropped her off today, I asked if her schedule would be increasing because she isn't adjusting well to the dc schedule. She stated that yea there are a few more days and handed me the schedule. After dcm left I was putting her baby food in the kitchen and looked at the schedule...at TOTAL OF 6 DAYS!! WTH?! I know dcm works more than she brings dcg to me..so this poor girl is having to be tossed around all week long. To top it off..she dropped her off at 1045 and she hadn't had a nap yet...grrrrr...and then told me she woud be ready for a nap soon. I smiled and told her that all the kids would go down for a nap after lunch at the regular nap time. I don't think she really got it....Am I just over-reacting or does anyone have any suggestions for me?
dEHmom 09:40 AM 06-23-2011
does she pay you regardless of if they are there or not? or only for time there?

advise her that it's not working out with this schedule. She has 2 options

1) attend a minimum of 3 full days a week or 5 half days a week at *** rate.
2) find care elsewhere.
momma2girls 11:20 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
does she pay you regardless of if they are there or not? or only for time there?

advise her that it's not working out with this schedule. She has 2 options

1) attend a minimum of 3 full days a week or 5 half days a week at *** rate.
2) find care elsewhere.
I say the exact thing- I now have a min. of 3 days/week
Auntie 11:51 AM 06-23-2011
Even though we love getting paid even when kids are not there it is actually easier to have them come at decent time and keep the routine than have them not show up.

Kids like a routine too I think a lot of them look for one.
cheerfuldom 04:59 PM 06-23-2011
I agree....its easier when they come more. I would imagine that this child is getting shuttled from house to house amongst relatives, friends and daycare in effort for mom to save as much money as possible. There is absolutely nothing you can do with this child when she is basically on a drop in basis. If you can't handle the crying, send her on to a provider that can. It doesn't sound like mom has a consistent schedule even when she is home with her and you are fighting an uphill impossible battle to try and get her to understand that this whole deal is just hurting the little one. I do part timers but only if they are here at least 2 days a week and the same days each week. Anything else is annoying for me and exhausting for the kiddo. I have a part timer that sounds just like your situation but in my case, I just let her cry during part of her nap and we have the room where she is not taking the whole house down with her.
Tags:part time care
Reply Up