Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu iPhone App
small_steps 11:47 AM 01-05-2012
Ok guys I have been trying to get the minute menu app on my phone but something is preventing it (has to do with my phone not the app). However, i'm about to get a new iphone 4 so hopefully I won't have that same problem. Today my CACFP lady was here and she said you can either use the app or use the computer but that you can't use both. Really? Is she confused about this because I'm pretty sure she hasn't tried the app or is she right? If I can only use one or the other I'm definately using the computer but I really wanted the app to use in case my home internet was down or I'm on the road, etc. Why would they make an app that couldn't tie into the computer program? That doesn't make much sense to me.
Help!
Blackcat31 12:14 PM 01-05-2012
I know nothing about the app (I haven't tried it yet) but I do know it is only for iphones who use a specific software (which I believe is in iphone 4 and newer only). From what I can tell that is what the website says about it. iphone with iOS 4 & iOS 5.

Maybe you can find your answers here: http://www.minutemenu.com/web/kids2go_faq.html
JaydensMommy 12:55 PM 01-05-2012
Not true, I use the app and the program on the computer. The app is just more simple with not as many options. It's mainly for recording meals, you can't enroll children or use the accounting features.
small_steps 01:22 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
Not true, I use the app and the program on the computer. The app is just more simple with not as many options. It's mainly for recording meals, you can't enroll children or use the accounting features.
That's what I was hoping for. If my computer is down or I'm away from it I could record the meals and stuff. Thank you.

Blackcat...thank you! That's kinda what I was thinking. Right now I have a 3 and can't even get the 4 to upgrade, so sometime this week I'm just going to get the iphone 4 and see if I can download the app then.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Reply Up