Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>should I
sally 05:16 AM 11-04-2013
One of my daycare moms thinks her almost 3 year old boy has acid reflux but won't take him to the doctors to find out. This is that time of year for belly aches and vomiting. I fix health meals as it is but now I don't know if her demands are asking too much. She wants me to fix him 5 to 6 mini meals a day but I only watch him from 5:45 to 3:30 and only feed him bananas,whole grain cereal and bread, apple juice, peaches, pears, chicken noodle soup, brown rice, veggies and frozen yogurt. And she wants him to wait 1 to 2 hours after eating to lay down for nap. I serve breakfast at 8 and lunch at 11 and nap time is whenever they are finished eating until 2 or so. Should I try to follow what mom wants or tell her there is no way possible. I can't have a noisy 3 year old up while everyone else is napping. Any advice please and thank you
snbauser 05:48 AM 11-04-2013
I would tell her that you can not make an exception to your schedule without a valid doctors note stating the medical neccessity of it. That is way too much disruption to the day.
sally 05:51 AM 11-04-2013
Thank you I was hoping someone would validate my thoughts.
NeedaVaca 05:52 AM 11-04-2013
I would not be able to accommodate that and wouldn't even consider it without a Dr. diagnosing. Sounds like she needs a nanny.
littlemissmuffet 06:05 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by sally:
One of my daycare moms thinks her almost 3 year old boy has acid reflux but won't take him to the doctors to find out. This is that time of year for belly aches and vomiting. I fix health meals as it is but now I don't know if her demands are asking too much. She wants me to fix him 5 to 6 mini meals a day but I only watch him from 5:45 to 3:30 and only feed him bananas,whole grain cereal and bread, apple juice, peaches, pears, chicken noodle soup, brown rice, veggies and frozen yogurt. And she wants him to wait 1 to 2 hours after eating to lay down for nap. I serve breakfast at 8 and lunch at 11 and nap time is whenever they are finished eating until 2 or so. Should I try to follow what mom wants or tell her there is no way possible. I can't have a noisy 3 year old up while everyone else is napping. Any advice please and thank you
I do not change my routine (especially nap or meal times) for anyone else's special needs. I'm not a nanny, I do group care.

I certainly will not tolerate a parent diagnosing a child and then refusing to get confirmation from a doctor. If he is showing signs of illness, I'd exclude until I have a doctor's not with diagnoses and treatment plan.
TheGoodLife 06:27 AM 11-04-2013
I second Needavaca- if he needs so many special exceptions to regular scheduling I would say he needs a nanny- group daycare is not for everyone
Unregistered 06:35 AM 11-04-2013
She needs a Doctors note with a feeding plan and a Nanny at home to accomodate her one on one needs
itlw8 06:37 AM 11-04-2013
Yeah no 1st that diet has no protein 5 to 6 mini meals even if you agreed would mean he can NEVER nap because it would be time to eat again. acid reflux in a 3 yr old ???? something else is going on. a food allergy, diabetes

NO dr is going to agree to no protein and to follow that schedule the child would not be allowed to eat lunch after 9 am
Brooksie 06:40 AM 11-04-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I do not change my routine (especially nap or meal times) for anyone else's special needs. I'm not a nanny, I do group care.

I certainly will not tolerate a parent diagnosing a child and then refusing to get confirmation from a doctor. If he is showing signs of illness, I'd exclude until I have a doctor's not with diagnoses and treatment plan.

sally 07:13 AM 11-04-2013
I am going to tell mom that there is no way I can accommodate that routine. It's not fair to the other kids to have 1 routine while he has a different one. Also I can't make different lunches and snacks for him. Also last week when he threw up at home we had sick kids all week including him, his sister, and my 2 children plus his own parents and I all had runny nose cough sore throat. I'm guessing he had mucus drainage and that made him sick. He threw up here at last Friday after he woke up from nap. His mother wasn't happy having to come pick him up and (the night before was beggars night for Halloween) his mom mentioned he was probably sick from staying up until 11 eating candy. He hasn't been sick or thrown up since. So I'll tell her he has to stick with my normal routine unless a doctor diagnoses him or they'll have to find other care.
Reply Up