Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Let me try this again....Reggio Inspired Preschool Seeking Marketing Tips!
Discoverylane 07:43 AM 11-17-2017
Hello! I own and operate a Reggio Emilia Inspired preschool in Southern Maryland. We currently have 32 kiddos enrolled and we can have up to 60 children in our program. We have been open since June 2016, so a little over a year. We are the only Reggio Preschool in the area. I'm not permitted to post links however I want to detail how we already advertise.

Facebook
Instagram
Website
Parenting Sites (local)
Host Free Weekend Events
Paid advertisement on Social Media

Being completely vulnerable I'm concerned that we are not enrolling children rapidly. We get on average 3 calls a week for preschool enrollment interest. I know the winter months tend to be quieter, so I'm hopeful in the new year it picks back up.

Does anyone have any marketing tips?
Cat Herder 07:54 AM 11-17-2017
Don't be an askhole?
Discoverylane 08:01 AM 11-17-2017
Please let's professionalize our practice. It's bad enough parents think we're "babysitters." Now do you have something to add about marketing tips because I would love to get your insight as I'm sure you're experienced.
Cat Herder 08:03 AM 11-17-2017
I am, acutually. I simply have no interest in helping you because you are rude. Rude is not professional.
midaycare 08:05 AM 11-17-2017
Is this for real...? Because I normally don't insult and/or be rude to people while I'm asking for advice

Perhaps you can use the search feature on the forum. There are lots of posts about advertising.

Have a super day!
Discoverylane 08:15 AM 11-17-2017
You know me personally? Lol. Happy Friday! I probably could have helped you too. Actually I will.

When you're advertising on social sites. Post in the morning. Statistically parents peruse sights in the morning as their headed to work. Also simplify hashtags. Try to avoid photos of kiddos looking directly at the camera. Actionable photos get more likes. Unless of course it's a birthday photo and you want to highlight that you make occasions monumental at your program.

For websites keep all text left aligned and streamline information. Hire a professional photographer so the temperature of the photos are the same.

I suggest you look into a system called Brightwheel as it has been great with keeping parents informed. You can also use the sight for payments.

Flyers do not work because it often gives the tone of desperation. Hosting special events and inviting the public in makes your business appear to be the place to be. Also your currently enrolled parents will be able to talk up your school. Even if parents don't know someone they'll often trust a parent more than someone selling their business.

When a parent calls ask for their email and pass along information so that you stay connected with families. I've called many centers and some have never asked for my name!

Also if you're the expert attend speaking engagements that aren't specific to childcare. I've gotten not only parent interest but school donations to our program.

Have a great day!
daycarediva 09:49 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Discoverylane:
You know me personally? Lol. Happy Friday! I probably could have helped you too. Actually I will.

When you're advertising on social sites. Post in the morning. Statistically parents peruse sights in the morning as their headed to work. Also simplify hashtags. Try to avoid photos of kiddos looking directly at the camera. Actionable photos get more likes. Unless of course it's a birthday photo and you want to highlight that you make occasions monumental at your program.

For websites keep all text left aligned and streamline information. Hire a professional photographer so the temperature of the photos are the same.

I suggest you look into a system called Brightwheel as it has been great with keeping parents informed. You can also use the sight for payments.

Flyers do not work because it often gives the tone of desperation. Hosting special events and inviting the public in makes your business appear to be the place to be. Also your currently enrolled parents will be able to talk up your school. Even if parents don't know someone they'll often trust a parent more than someone selling their business.

When a parent calls ask for their email and pass along information so that you stay connected with families. I've called many centers and some have never asked for my name!

Also if you're the expert attend speaking engagements that aren't specific to childcare. I've gotten not only parent interest but school donations to our program.

Have a great day!
*they're. I'm not obtaining my PHD, just a masters but that mistake would cost me clientele.

I posted on the other thread you started as well. YOU'RE making bank- hire a marketing company. Hopefully that will solve your low enrollment.

My center was full with a 2+ year waiting list, but what do I know?
Unregistered 10:16 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
*they're. I'm not obtaining my PHD, just a masters but that mistake would cost me clientele.

I posted on the other thread you started as well. YOU'RE making bank- hire a marketing company. Hopefully that will solve your low enrollment.

My center was full with a 2+ year waiting list, but what do I know?
Omg that's amazing!!! Congratulations on that accomplishment. I pray to grow in that way.
Blackcat31 10:18 AM 11-17-2017
I closed the other thread simply because the OP apparently has no desire to actually gain advice or insight on marketing and seems to enjoy "poking" fun at others.

Its so unproductive and unprofessional.

Anyways, I closed the thread and am limiting access to the the forum. Perhaps the OP will take a lesson from this experience but I have little to no hope of that. Being the eternal optimist I did feel the need to atleast say it though.

@Discovery Lane ~ Please solicit advise and assistance from some where else. None of us are qualified to help you. At least not in any useful or helpful capacity.

I am hoping you are able to take a lesson from this experience here and realize AND accept that your perception is not always reality.
Some times it is you that is the problem.

Have a good day!
Josiegirl 10:20 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Don't be an askhole?
I knew there was a reason why I always Have to read what you post.
Unregistered 10:29 AM 11-17-2017
Hahahahaha...Discovery Lane is a legit business that I'm trying to destroy. I read up on their business on their website and hacked in to their computer system. It worked because you all fell for it and didn't even verify if the owner of the business was in fact talking with you all. Destruction accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw their post from a year ago looked them up and thought no way they're going to get advice from us. All the information I posted about them is their site.

I hate businesses owned by Black people they shouldn't have access to teaching children.
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hahahahaha...Discovery Lane is a legit business that I'm trying to destroy. I read up on their business on their website and hacked in to their computer system. It worked because you all fell for it and didn't even verify if the owner of the business was in fact talking with you all. Destruction accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw their post from a year ago looked them up and thought no way they're going to get advice from us. All the information I posted about them is their site.

I hate businesses owned by Black people they shouldn't have access to teaching children.
Nice try! But it is clear that you have no idea how forums work. ALL the evidence points back to you.

There are several ways to double check a person's identity and just because that isn't posted as common knowledge or posted openly doesn't mean it isn't true.

Surely hoping your mother doesn't come across this as she would more than likely be embarrassed by your behavior and from what I gather she works way too hard to have a child that behaves so poorly.
Tags:active ignore, anti-social, entitlement, narcissism
Closed Thread Up