Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Can I Contact Outside CPS/Company?
Unregistered 09:36 AM 09-03-2020
I reported teachers I worked with for abuse. I worked for a preschool that was attached to a community center. I ended up losing my job when I told my director it was me who called. The ceo even got involved and talked me into resignation. It's was unfair and the two teachers still work there. Cps was no help nor were the other witnesses. The higher ups also sucked. Someone said certain places have someone where you can report them anonymously and they look at the cps report but it's not cps. She said her used something called "LADO"
Mariposa 10:39 AM 09-03-2020
Corporates protect themselves even if it harms the kids. Left corporate jobs. Looking at you, long-time non profit of 4 letters that was turned i to a Song in the 70s.

I always told my staff to report anything and I would back it up, but to talk it over if they are unsure and if they still don't like the answer to still call. I have been there myself and had higher ups tell me it was not reportable.
But lesson not to tell people, including boss.

Take it to the news.
Michael 10:50 AM 09-03-2020
You should contact a lawyer. You fall under whistleblower status and protection.

https://www.whistleblowers.gov/know_your_rights

What Is Retaliation?
Retaliation occurs when an employer (through a manager, supervisor, or administrator) fires an employee or takes any other type of adverse action against an employee for engaging in protected activity.
Unregistered 11:03 AM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mariposa:

Take it to the news.
Wouldn't I get into legal trouble if I told the news? Not sure what to do.
Unregistered 11:05 AM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
You should contact a lawyer. You fall under whistleblower status and protection.

https://www.whistleblowers.gov/know_your_rights
What kind of lawyer?
Rockgirl 11:12 AM 09-03-2020
Did you get the job at the other daycare you applied at? I remember you posting about that.

OP, not trying to be rude, but you’ve posted repeatedly for months, asking what to do about this. Each time, you were given good advice. I’m not sure what else anyone can say.

You did the right thing in reporting it.....we don’t always get the outcome we think is right. It sucks, but that’s how it is. How do you know CPS did nothing, if you’re no longer there? It’s possible the daycare is being more closely monitored.

Isn’t it time to move past this?
Cat Herder 11:28 AM 09-03-2020
Do you have any evidence to support your claim?
Michael 02:20 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What kind of lawyer?
A lawyer that will seek compensation for you. Usually they will take a portion of the settlement as payment.
Snowmom 04:07 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Did you get the job at the other daycare you applied at? I remember you posting about that.

OP, not trying to be rude, but you’ve posted repeatedly for months, asking what to do about this. Each time, you were given good advice. I’m not sure what else anyone can say.

You did the right thing in reporting it.....we don’t always get the outcome we think is right. It sucks, but that’s how it is. How do you know CPS did nothing, if you’re no longer there? It’s possible the daycare is being more closely monitored.

Isn’t it time to move past this?
Is this the same person/situation from months ago?

OP, unless you are suffering from affects of the situation (ex: they're bad mouthing you or making it difficult to find a new job), there's not much else I think you can do. They asked you to resign and you did. Hindsight- it would have been better had they fired you, so you could seek unemployment and pursue wrongful termination. But, you left.

As far as further complaints: If they are a licensed business, you can report the incident to licensing or the board of education if they are a school.

It's a rotten situation. But I can't honestly believe that if you made a formal complaint, it's not noted or followed through upon. Sometimes the burden of proof is complex and it may take a couple instances (sometimes several) for serious action to be taken. It's sad but that's our system.
Josiegirl 04:04 AM 09-04-2020
I agree with Rockgirl and Snowmom. Sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to. Victims get the shaft and criminals get the protection. Life is definitely not fair; that's a hard lesson we all learn through out childhood and beyond. Sometimes we do need to let go of things and move forward. UNLESS it's affecting our current employment opportunities and/or you know, for a fact, children are still getting mistreated. In which case, the whole dang place needs to shut down. But, as was mentioned, if you're not still seeing these things with your own eyes, you can't really count on hearsay.
Mariposa 10:24 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wouldn't I get into legal trouble if I told the news? Not sure what to do.
Meh I don't know. Half kidding in my response.
MyAngels 09:29 AM 09-05-2020
Can you tell us exactly what you're hoping to accomplish by continuing to be involved in this situation?

I don't remember all of the details of your previous posts, but if you reported what you felt was abuse to Child Protective Services, then they did some sort of investigation. Even though they sometimes get a bad reputation, for the most part CPS is staffed with good people doing the best job they can do. It's very possible that their investigation led them to believe that a corrective action could be taken that didn't necessitate the firing of the employees involved.

If your former employer is actively trying to prevent you from getting a job, then you could possibly have a case for slander or libel. But to be honest those cases are quite difficult to prove and expensive to pursue. Since you resigned you don't have a case for wrongful termination.

I agree with the others above, it's probably time to move along with your life and put this situation in the rearview mirror.
Cat Herder 02:53 PM 09-06-2020
When we make a report about co-workers or management we are supposed to report it to State licensing, not CPS.

CPS is for reporting suspected child abuse by parents.

Both should be kept to yourself while they do their job. You are supposed to give no indication, continue care unless you must physically intervene and document everything you can.

Talking to co-workers about it simply muddies the investigation and ruins the chances of a good outcome.

I believe it was discussed on a previous thread on this topic before?
Ariana 05:07 PM 09-08-2020
Next time get actual concrete proof and then no one can deny the allegations.

Like others have said, you need to move on.
Cat Herder 05:23 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Next time get actual concrete proof and then no one can deny the allegations.

Like others have said, you need to move on.
Also, know life is not fair.

I once had physical, concrete proof, pulled tapes/voice recordings, gave it to my "trusted" supervisor for the HR investigation as required and he made it disappear. He claimed to have never even spoken to me about it in the HR office. To my face. He tried to apologize in the parking lot afterwards and said it was above my head to understand and to trust him to solve the problem "in house", even tried speaking to my husband to "get me in line" and back to work. He did not want an investigation threatening his retirement.

It took five more years for his department to be sold to a private management company and him forced into early retirement. Five long years.
Josiegirl 10:25 AM 09-09-2020
This isn't dc related whatsoever but just shows how screwed up employers/employees can get. An RN that was just assigned to a family member's Hospice case, had been let go from her previous job at a nursing home because she was stealing drugs and reselling them.
That's how much employers try to make things go away.
Tags:cps, licensing, whistleblower
Reply Up