Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Question
littlemisssunshine 08:34 AM 04-24-2012
When you guys make your food schedule do you stick to it or cook and feed the kids when they want? I serve breakfast at 8 am and I sometimes get a child from 8:30-9:15am and the mom always asks me if she ate of course I feed her but i don't get reimbursed for her in the food Program because I feed her later than my scheduled time. What should I do?
littlemommy 08:41 AM 04-24-2012
I asked my fp rep about that once and she said i could still claim it
Blackcat31 08:42 AM 04-24-2012
I have strict meal times. I do NOT want to spend my day cooking and cleaning up.

If a parent wants their child to have a specific meal/snack then they MUST arrive within 15 minutes of that time. NOT afterwards. If they come after a meal, they don't get to eat. The parents are fully aware of this and know that their child will NOT be getting a meal or snack if they are late or scheduled after the meal is over.

I understand and occassional unexpected late day here and there and I will accommodate but if I have a parent who arrives after a meal time and says their child is hungry I have no issues telling them we already ate and the child will need to wait until the next planned meal/snack time. If the parent is upset, they are more than welcome to take their child and feed them and then return. I am NOT Burger King!

Our meals and snacks are spaced pretty good through out the day that no one is going to starve....kwim?
MarinaVanessa 08:50 AM 04-24-2012
If you are a part of the food program I'd ask your rep. In my area in CA and my rep won't let me claim a child's meal if the child is more than 15-30 minutes later than when I say I serve the meal. If you serve supper you can't be late at all. So the best bet would ne to ask your food rep.
AnneCordelia 08:51 AM 04-24-2012
Tell her exactly what you told us: Please feed her before she arrives or have her arrive at 8am. If she doesn't eat with the group then I can't claim the meal with the food program, and that is why she either arrives fed or arrives at 8am.

A child that arrives between 8:30-9:15 should have plenty of time to eat at home. I wouldn't think twice about putting those restrictions on feeding her breakfast. It is not unreasonable in the least.
WImom 11:27 AM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have strict meal times. I do NOT want to spend my day cooking and cleaning up.

If a parent wants their child to have a specific meal/snack then they MUST arrive within 15 minutes of that time. NOT afterwards. If they come after a meal, they don't get to eat. The parents are fully aware of this and know that their child will NOT be getting a meal or snack if they are late or scheduled after the meal is over.

I understand and occassional unexpected late day here and there and I will accommodate but if I have a parent who arrives after a meal time and says their child is hungry I have no issues telling them we already ate and the child will need to wait until the next planned meal/snack time. If the parent is upset, they are more than welcome to take their child and feed them and then return. I am NOT Burger King!

Our meals and snacks are spaced pretty good through out the day that no one is going to starve....kwim?
I do the same. I also won't feed kids if they come right at the end of snack. We start circle time right after and I'm not waiting for your kids to finish so we can start. I only have one family though that isn't here all the time early so it usually isn't an issue.
jojosmommy 11:39 AM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Tell her exactly what you told us: Please feed her before she arrives or have her arrive at 8am. If she doesn't eat with the group then I can't claim the meal with the food program, and that is why she either arrives fed or arrives at 8am.

A child that arrives between 8:30-9:15 should have plenty of time to eat at home. I wouldn't think twice about putting those restrictions on feeding her breakfast. It is not unreasonable in the least.
agreed.
My breakfast is from 8-8:30. Anyone after 8:30 eats at home and they know this.
Jenniferdawn 01:26 PM 04-24-2012
Ditto to what Blackcat says, only my breakfast time is 7:30. I had two parents deciding to vary the times they were coming and letting their kids stay up late, sleep in til 9:30, then they dropped them off to me, expecting ME to feed them breakfast. Um, no. I'm already t my first snack time by then! I have my meals times in writing. It has helped a lot.
Tags:late for meals, meal times, missed meal times
Reply Up