Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ouside "Potty"
Countrygal 05:50 AM 05-22-2012
Does anyone have one they use and if so, can you share SPECIFICALLY what it is and how it is set up? I'm trying to figure out what to do.
GretasLittleFriends 08:55 AM 05-22-2012
Is it safe to assume this is NOT what you're looking for?

Can't help you, as we all go potty before we go out, then go in as needed. It's rarely an issue here.

We had a (non-daycare related) party last year and had rented a port-a-potty. That was very handy while it was here. It was no where near our play area, so there was no funky odor messing up our play time either. (Keep in mind we're on 20acres.)
newtodaycare22 09:32 AM 05-22-2012
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i01

I have this potty and it's been a life saver. It folds like a suitcase and you carry it by the handle. When the kids have to go, it slides open, making a base support, and the kids sit on it like a normal potty (you have to use bags to catch the pee and poop..but any cheap bag will do)
nothingwithoutjoy 09:41 AM 05-22-2012
I use a baby bjorn potty, but it wouldn't matter what I was using; I keep one in my shed (provides a modicum of privacy, but I'd just put it in a somewhat sheltered spot otherwise). And yes, the boys pee behind a tree sometimes. :-) I send completely-independent kids inside to use the toilet, but if they need help with clothes or wiping, they use the shed potty. Pee goes into the compost (sounds gross, but is actually very good for gardens) and the potty gets hosed out, poop waits until I can take it inside with us (happens outside rarely, so it's not much of an issue). We use the shed potty even in the depths of winter, 'cause we're outside a lot!
sharlan 12:09 PM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:

Can't help you, as we all go potty before we go out, then go in as needed. It's rarely an issue here.

We had a (non-daycare related) party last year and had rented a port-a-potty. That was very handy while it was here. It was no where near our play area, so there was no funky odor messing up our play time either. (Keep in mind we're on 20acres.)
Where did you get that pic of my grandson???? He came in from the pool on Sun saying, Grandma, I had to pee on the grass. I guess I'd rather he pee on the grass than the pool.
Countrygal 12:58 PM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:

What IS it about boys and peeing outside?????

Thanks for the ideas ladies and the links!
Heidi 01:12 PM 05-22-2012
I remember when my son used to do that. "pee on a tree"

Funny thing is, he'd always pick the skinniest tree, and the drawers would always be down like that.

He's 11 now, so he's a little more discreet, and only when we're camping...
Michael 02:25 PM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
What IS it about boys and peeing outside?????
Because we can?
Countrygal 07:55 AM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Because we can?
I know, I'm jealous! I graduated in Natural Resources and we had a summer camp that was mandatory. This was back in the days when there were 2 girls in a major of 200. So, needless to say, summer camp did not accomodate the ladies. :P Ever been out in the field for 12 hours with no bathroom and only 35 guys around? We used to purposely dehydrate ourselves so we wouldn't have to go...........
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 05-23-2012
My son was learned to be potty trained at 2 years old because he could pee outside. He was so thrilled about being able to do it, that he would get up from whatever he was doing inside and go outside just to pee!

FWIW~ We live in a VERY secluded and wooded are so it was no big issue. Plus rather than having to toilet train him, I only had to teach him that when he was not at home, he had ot use the restroom out of respect for others...

My community is pretty wooded and I will bet that 90% of the male population here pees outside at least once per day in the non-winter months. (some probably even in the winter too).

I have had several daycare kids try to find a bush or skip the modesty all together and simply whip it out and pee like it is no big thing.....

Heck, I have a girlfriend that will drop her drawers and pee whenever we are all gathered around a camp fire like it is no big deal ....which we ALL think it is, but she still "pops a squat" any time she feels the urge, despite our protests....

We even bought her one of these but all that did was offend her: http://www.go-girl.com/ LOL!!!
Countrygal 01:00 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

We even bought her one of these but all that did was offend her: http://www.go-girl.com/ LOL!!!
ROFLMHO!!!!!
Tags:pee potty wild child, toilet
Reply Up