Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>First Day
saved4always 03:24 AM 06-04-2012
Well...today is my first day at the new child care center at my church. I am excited and a bit nervous, too. I only know one of the children so this is going to be an adjustment. I am just praying that things will go smoothly and that the children will like me and the center.
beachgrl 04:47 AM 06-04-2012
I'm sure you will have a great day, it has to be exciting but nervous energy at same time! I bet you will have a blast, hope it all goes great for you!
Kaddidle Care 05:46 AM 06-04-2012
Best wishes! When I first started I walked around with a list of their names in my back pocket until the names sank in!
Blackcat31 12:00 PM 06-04-2012
So how did your day go? Was it everything you wished it to be? Positives? Negatives?

I thought about you this morning, starting out new at a new job and hope Monday was pleasant to you. I also hope the kids were good for you too.
saved4always 02:26 PM 06-04-2012
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and well wishes!

My first day was pretty good. Since we are just opening the center, we are light on kids right now so the infants and toddlers are combined until we get enrollment up. I had a sweet little baby today and one toddler who did not come until later in the morning. That means I got to enjoy the baby alot (and I learned his name really fast...lol!). He is only 10 weeks old and is such a cutie. He seems to be a very good baby....we just need to get to know each other a little better so I will better know what he needs. I already know the other little guy from church so I already knew his name. The only part that did not go the smoothest was that the baby was hungry and cranky when the toddler was going down for his nap. That part got tricky but the rest of the day went by really quick and smoothly. Tomorrow I think I have the baby and 2 toddlers so I am going to try to do some simple planned activities with the toddlers when the baby is sleeping or happy. We'll see how it goes from there.
Tags:new child
Reply Up