Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Seen These Highchairs?
small_steps 12:37 PM 01-06-2014
Have any of you used these high chairs for your daycare? I'm thinking of getting a couple. They fold up like lawn chairs from my understanding. I was thinking they could be a major space saver.
If you've tried them, how do you like them and would you recommend them?
Attached: image.jpg (38.1 KB) 
thetoddlerwhisper 12:44 PM 01-06-2014
this is brilliant. these would be useful for my toddlers. weight limit on them?
itlw8 12:50 PM 01-06-2014
cute I would say fantastic for visiting Grandma who does not have a high chair. But I would think the lifespan if used daily would be very short. I do not see it lasting for the next child. I would give it a year 2 years max until it broke.
nanglgrl 12:58 PM 01-06-2014
Toddlers wiggle so much and I think these chairs would have so much "give" a child could get out of their seatbelt.
Great Beginnings 01:02 PM 01-06-2014
I've only seen these at camping stores. I thought about getting one for our baby since he/she is due in June for camping only. I don't think I would recommend using it for daycare use. Although how convenient for storage!
mema 01:02 PM 01-06-2014
Haven't used/seen them, but I don't think the lifespan would be great for regular use either. They're like the outside camp chairs and I know ours don't hold up well, even if you buy the spendier ones. They would be great for grandma's, friend's houses, etc, but probably not dc.
LaLa1923 01:02 PM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by small_steps:
Have any of you used these high chairs for your daycare? I'm thinking of getting a couple. They fold up like lawn chairs from my understanding. I was thinking they could be a major space saver.
If you've tried them, how do you like them and would you recommend them?
I like them! But I have seen one in person and I think it would be hard to clean.

Also, I think they make a stationary entertainer that folds up!
TwinKristi 02:30 PM 01-06-2014
Yeah those look pretty cool!
melonieb 03:53 PM 01-06-2014
Can someone add a clicky, I want to find them.
Blackcat31 05:54 PM 01-06-2014
Originally Posted by melonieb:
Can someone add a clicky, I want to find them.
http://www.amazon.com/ciao-baby-Port.../dp/B00A47J6YU
Meyou 01:39 AM 01-07-2014
I have this kind which fold flat like a card table chair and only slightly wider. Love, love, love them! They clean like normal high chairs but store easily. The only thing is that they are only good once a child is sitting well unsupported. The back support angles outward so there isn't alot of back support when they're reaching the tray. I'm in Canada so I really don't do care before 10-12 months but if you have younger children you might want to think about that.

I own the actual Costco brand here:

Chair

But here is a link to the same style folded up:

Folded
small_steps 04:44 AM 01-07-2014
You guys have given me lots of great advice and ideas. But I'm still not sure! Ha ha.
Guess I could order one and try it. I have 3 infants right now which is not normal for my group. I usually have one if that.
melilley 04:59 AM 01-07-2014
Those look really neat, but in my experience, infants are really messy and those look like they would be really hard to clean and/or sanitize because of the material. Have you ever gone camping with a chair made with that material and gotten a marshmallow on it? Not good!..lol
I have a regular hc, and it had a cover on it, but the kids are so messy that I had to keep washing it so I just took it off for good.
cheerfuldom 08:18 AM 01-07-2014
I don't think it looks like a good idea. Highchairs or boosters are just a part of the deal when caring for kids. If you have space issues, there is only so much you can do about that because feeding babies is a part of the job. one thing I saw a provider do was use these chairs on the floor

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-H...ter+high+chair

clean them and store up high like this. you can even use the booster clips to clip them onto the shelf so they are not a falling hazard

http://www.amazon.com/HyLoft-967--15...eep+wall+shelf

then only keep one high chair to spoon fed babies in. do it assembly line style so there is only one chair taking up floor space.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:31 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I have this kind which fold flat like a card table chair and only slightly wider. Love, love, love them! They clean like normal high chairs but store easily. The only thing is that they are only good once a child is sitting well unsupported. The back support angles outward so there isn't alot of back support when they're reaching the tray. I'm in Canada so I really don't do care before 10-12 months but if you have younger children you might want to think about that.

I own the actual Costco brand here:

Chair

But here is a link to the same style folded up:

Folded
I have three of these and they are much easier to store than traditional high chairs!
MarinaVanessa 09:36 AM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I like them! But I have seen one in person and I think it would be hard to clean.

Also, I think they make a stationary entertainer that folds up!
I'm thinking the same thing. It's made of canvas I'm assuming so I'm wondering how to clean them? I'm assuming you can't take the canvas off so maybe scrubbing and spraying them outside would be a good way to clean them but I'm thinking that this isn't a good option if you need to use it the next day ... maybe it won't dry in time?? These are questions I'm asking myself anyway.
Tags:highchairs
Reply Up