Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What a morning
mamamanda 06:45 AM 04-10-2018
So as I'm walking ds into school this morning, holding dcb 2's hand & carrying infant car seat on my other arm...dcb decides he doesn't want to hold my hand...in a parking lot full of cars coming & going & buses dropping off...so of course I am firm that he will hold my to be safe. So he proceeds to scream the whole way across the parking lot, through the school both ways, & all the way back to the car, "Quit touching me! You're hurting me! Let go of my hand! I do it myself!" Every attempt to calm him only made him escalate. And every eye in the school was on me. Ugh...

How was your morning?
Blackcat31 06:55 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
So as I'm walking ds into school this morning, holding dcb 2's hand & carrying infant car seat on my other arm...dcb decides he doesn't want to hold my hand...in a parking lot full of cars coming & going & buses dropping off...so of course I am firm that he will hold my to be safe. So he proceeds to scream the whole way across the parking lot, through the school both ways, & all the way back to the car, "Quit touching me! You're hurting me! Let go of my hand! I do it myself!" Every attempt to calm him only made him escalate. And every eye in the school was on me. Ugh...

How was your morning?

...and every one of those eyes were saying "Good for her! That little boy is tough and she is making safety a priority despite his protests! Good for her!!"

Judgement isn't always negative.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 07:01 AM 04-10-2018
We went on a walk just by my house last summer. I made Dcb hold my hand and he screamed "You're pinching me!" at the top of his lungs for most of the walk. I was just waiting on the neighbors to call the police.
mamamanda 07:20 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

...and every one of those eyes were saying "Good for her! That little boy is tough and she is making safety a priority despite his protests! Good for her!!"

Judgement isn't always negative.
Thank you for that.
mamamanda 07:21 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
We went on a walk just by my house last summer. I made Dcb hold my hand and he screamed "You're pinching me!" at the top of his lungs for most of the walk. I was just waiting on the neighbors to call the police.
It's a crazy feeling, isn't it! Good thing we child care providers are made of tough skin.
storybookending 07:43 AM 04-10-2018
Every time I see a child throwing a tantrum in public I’m typically proud of the caregiver for not giving in to their tantrums and just giving them what they want to make it stop.
sharlan 08:11 AM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:

I had a little girl that screamed bloody murder when a drop of water touched her. I would always shower her and wash her hair after we went to the beach. I went next door and explained the situation to them so they wouldn't call the police on me.
Ac114 08:42 AM 04-10-2018
This was my son when he was 2/3. It was a nightmare. He would always screamed “you’re hurting me, ouch, ouch, ouch” when I was literally just holding his hand and preventing him from running. He was a runner and would dart away at any given chance. I feel your pain but good job keeping him safe.
BrynleeJean 09:37 AM 04-10-2018

Your not alone. I think we've all been there with a 2 year old.
CityGarden 10:04 AM 04-10-2018
Wow that was my day yesterday morning - we were leaving the park and one dcb was upset he was not the line leader so he starting throwing himself on the floor crying really loud, would not hold the rope or my hand etc. luckily I had help with me so she was able to walk the rest of the children while I had to carry this dcb while he was acting a mess. I felt all eyes were on me as we left the park.

Glad he is only here 3 days per week...
Josiegirl 10:21 AM 04-10-2018
That brings back memories of going to places with my oldest dd. She was such a challenge!! I took her and my other dd to a store and when older dd started throwing a fit I picked her up and started out the store. Well, didn't I get some looks. Strangers can be so judgemental without even knowing a situation.
Reply Up